KIll Uncle 20th Anniversary

Kill Uncle is one of Mozzer's best albums, criminally underrated probably because, at the time, his audience was expecting something stronger and because it is actually a bit too short. And some lyrics...well.....

But if you listen to it now, it really sounds good.

Any chance of a good 20th anniversary version, possibly with some unreleased material? Has anyone heard anything?

Kill Uncle is the worst Morrissey's album and but it is still better than so manu albums around the world.

Kill Uncle is the worst Morrissey's album and but it is still better than so manu albums around the world.

Absolutely. This LP sucks. Live it was incredible, though.

Are you high? That album was absolutely butchered live. Take that video for example.

I like the album as a down-beat alternative. I liked Moz at the time but was not a mega-fan waiting breathlessly for every new tune (that came later). I can understand how it would be a disappointment to those who were moz-mad at the time.

I didn't see the tour & have heard how the songs had more punch; maybe the 20th anniversary release (of our dreams) would be a quality live set. Tour anniversary rather than album. Was anything every released of the live work?

I like the album as a down-beat alternative. I liked Moz at the time but was not a mega-fan waiting breathlessly for every new tune (that came later). I can understand how it would be a disappointment to those who were moz-mad at the time.

I didn't see the tour & have heard how the songs had more punch; maybe the 20th anniversary release (of our dreams) would be a quality live set. Tour anniversary rather than album. Was anything every released of the live work?
Yeah, they should release more live work. The Earls Courts live album is wonderful. I prefer the songs on that album to the studio versions.

The live renditions of Kill Uncle's songs are magnificent and among my favourite Morrissey songs. Sing Your Life and King Leer in particular - the energy is fantastic.

The album has also managed to sneak its way into being one of my favourites too, particular just before going to bed at night. Driving Your Girlfriend, Mute Witness, There Is A Place In Hell and The End Of The Line are all so great.

I love Kill Uncle and it would be the reissue that I would definitely be most excited about. :guitar:

I will continue to roam this wretched world searching, in vain, for someone who agrees that Kill Uncle was his best solo album.

Are you high? That album was absolutely butchered live. Take that video for example.

Hey you can't blame the band for that one. Morrissey's singing on the Dallas video is so flat you could move a family of four into it.

I had a version from a bootleg a few years ago where Moz got bundled off the stage or something & the band played it as an instrumental. Beautiful it was too.

Well, that song does in fact suck. But Mute Witness performed live is stunning. Take the '91 Hammersmith footage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will continue to roam this wretched world searching, in vain, for someone who agrees that Kill Uncle was his best solo album.

Good luck dude, bring a few extra pairs of shoes, cuz you ain't ever going to find anyone who agrees with you, you meathead.

I bought the album on it's release and watched him tour. The amount of people who later berated my Kill Uncle T-shirt or rather "Nice T-shirt shame about the album" BAFFLED me.
Anyhow I love it.

Back
Top Bottom