Kevin Cummins tweets thoughts on Morrissey

Day by day Morrissey is cutting a very isolated and lonely figure. Nobody in the UK wants to know him anymore. What few fans remain are perfectly entitled to be, it is a free country and not only do we have free speech, we have free choice, broadly speaking.

For an intelligent man, on his current statements he offers only the ramblings of an ill informed internet “Truther” screwball. And therein lies the problem. He has fallen down that hole. He doesn’t watch the news. He doesn’t read the news. Two actions not without fair reason with our modern corrupt media, but problematic now nonetheless. No, Morrissey informs himself with YouTube Conspiracy Theorists nowadays. The Tin Foil hat brigade. He conducts interviews for the Youth wing of UKIP, a party so far aligned to the right that it’s Founders and former Leaders have abandoned it in shame.

He uses the tried and tested counter attacks in his defence. All of which fail any scrutiny. Morrissey has Freedom of Speech. He has never been censured. In fact he could do with someone close to hand advising him to curtail that freedom to put his foot in his mouth, if only for his own sake. However, that circle is ever decreasing.

Maybe the 52% (majority) who voted for Brexit will be sympathetic to his point of view? I know that's hard for a Guardian reader to comprehend, but do try...

Maybe the 52% (majority) who voted for Brexit will be sympathetic to his point of view?
Unlikely, because most of them don't share his views or interest in the far-right. Plus, the majority of them are completely unlikely to ever be interested in his music, even if they were sympathetic.

Unlikely, because most of them don't share his views or interest in the far-right. Plus, the majority of them are completely unlikely to ever be interested in his music, even if they were sympathetic.

How do you know that ?

Maybe the 52% (majority) who voted for Brexit will be sympathetic to his point of view? I know that's hard for a Guardian reader to comprehend, but do try...

And you know, my post had nothing to do with Brexit whatsoever. I respect the EU Referendum result, so your point has misfired. Whatever UKIP were about, it has absolutely nothing to do with the current party that keeps that name. That’s why the Brexit Party exist. UKIP now employ the services of Tommy Robinson. Get with the times.

I hold the Guardian to be a centrist publication, so do not buy it. Morrissey is of the opinion that it’s hard left, which shows his political immaturity as far as the UK situation currently sits. But hey, you can stick with the cheap throwaway generalisations so widely cherished by those on the Right.

I’m keen to know exactly which of his points of view you think the 52% will be supportive of? What with you having such a solid comprehension on the national zeitgeist.

WTF? How in F do you know that?

Left wing loons dont believe in God so unless you claim to have
psychic powers:lbf::lbf:
you are likely nuts.:crazy:

Cashed in on him. How? I’ve promoted his career and produced a beautiful book that goes beyond regular fandom appeal. I’ve helped with t shirts and record sleeves - it’s my job ... do you cash in every Friday when you get paid or do you think you’ve earned your wages ... ?
Pay no mind to the brutal late-come toddlers around here, Kevin. Love your excellent work! Glad to hear you’ve been compensated for your efforts to help Moz. Many have not.

Cheers!

Er, you hate racism? Or so you keep telling / shouting / advertising.

You're spreading hatred then, aren't you? Hatred of racists. And who defines a racist? You do. Judge, jury, and executioner. Nice.

Life is grey - not black and white.

Oh, and from a psychological point of view you're most probably really racist yourself deep down as you seem to see racism everywhere. It's called an 'ego defence mechanism'. Read up about it - you might learn something.
Correct. Those who obsessively accuse others of racism are the real racists among us. They innately fear other races, so the policing of other people's perceived racism gives them back their lost power.

Also, those who feel paternalistic towards ethnic minorities are the real racist supremacists among us. Those who always think foreigners or economic migrants are poor helpless little refugees way below them on a social scale. The white saviour syndrome of the clueless and condescending middle classes.

Working class people may use un-politically correct language or unfashionable terminology, but they are more likely to live in areas where minorities live and to treat these people more equally than those who endlessly preach on about racism.

It's time more people drew attention to these truths - because you'll never hear this from the media class who like to demonize the ordinary working class as the most racist people of all, which is the opposite of the truth.

Correct. Those who obsessively accuse others of racism are the real racists among us. They innately fear other races, so the policing of other people's perceived racism gives them back their lost power.

Also, those who feel paternalistic towards ethnic minorities are the real racist supremacists among us. Those who always think foreigners or economic migrants are poor helpless little refugees way below them on a social scale. The white saviour syndrome of the clueless and condescending middle classes.

Working class people may use un-politically correct language or unfashionable terminology, but they are more likely to live in areas where minorities live and to treat these people more equally than those who endlessly preach on about racism.

It's time more people drew attention to these truths - because you'll never hear this from the media class who like to demonize the ordinary working class as the most racist people of all, which is the opposite of the truth.

Multiple use of the Straw Man fallacy. Try responding to actual comments and opinions rather than imagined ones.

I did.

So I take it you're offended by the content of my post.

In which case you can stuff it where the sun don't shine!

And there you go again... enter the Straw Man! “So I take it you’re offended” - I’m not offended, and I haven’t said I’m offended. You introduced that scenario then responded to it. You are talking to yourself.

Offended? Get over yourself!

And there you go again... enter the Straw Man! “So I take it you’re offended” - I’m not offended, and I haven’t said I’m offended. You introduced that scenario then responded to it. You are talking to yourself.

Offended? Get over yourself!
I haven't got a clue what you're going on about. I replied to some interesting points about people who incessantly accuse others of racism.

At last something we can agree on. You certainly haven’t got a clue.

Kevin Cummins was not the photographer of The Smiths for The Queen Is Dead inside sleeve and therefore doesnt make a penny from any merchandise the Lads Club sell.

The photographer was actually Stephen Wright (who has - before you claim otherwise - given lots of images and use of the picture for free for t shirts etc many times).
So you are way off target with your comment.
FFS you are right. Just slapped myself there. I blame a mixture of sunshine and ale. Completely off target and scored an own goal by kicking my own head between the posts. The funny thing is I was doubting myself when I was writing my original post so I googled it but must have completely misread it. Oops. What a self professed twat.

I haven't got a clue what you're going on about. I replied to some interesting points about people who incessantly accuse others of racism.

Look at you attempting to distance yourself from the carcrash. We mostly accuse you of racism in much the same way as you incessantly accuse people of ethnic origin as being the root cause of all the world's problems.

I agree about most people not being sympathetic to 'the far right' - but that's the whole point, isn't it? That term is meaningless now - as is 'far left'.

Most people voted Brexit because of mass immigration. It was effectively a referendum on mass immigration. And British people aren't stupid. They can see when someone is being hounded and criticised just for having an opinion.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom