Kevin Cummins: "Morrissey: Alone and Palely Loitering" hardback due September 2018

As mentioned by 'anon' in the SER website thread - here are further details:
(book image is lousy on Amazon).

42184_cummins_2018.jpg

Initial Waterstones link from anon:
https://www.waterstones.com/book/morrissey/kevin-cummins/9781788400237
Blackwells:
https://blackwells.co.uk/bookshop/product/Morrissey-by-Kevin-Cummins/9781788400237
More detailed Amazon links:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1788400232/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1788400232/
c36ebfd1929335e0f79cf411d1967cde--kevin-oleary-cummins.jpg

150+ photographs in a 'coffee table' book.
256 pages.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
...My Love Life ;)

He appears to have set his own shrubbery afire; í don't blame it.

í have always maintained that Moz is a right good tucker...
he knows just how & where to tuck things; be that bits of garden bushery, ladies knitwear or...anything.

Yes. And I suspect he's done a lot more tucking than he'd like us to believe. ;)

IMG_20180306_224138.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

FB_IMG_1522313282517.jpg

Looks like a big book.
Regards,
FWD.

Silver foil blocking...oh my...

Octopus/Cassell have finally listed it, and the précis has been slightly altered.

It now states "the images in this book chronicle Morrissey's world as he emerged from The Smiths and established himself as a solo artist".
Before, listings elsewhere described it as including images from The Smiths and solo years.

https://www.octopusbooks.co.uk/books/detail.page?isbn=9781788400237

Five months is a long time...

Octopus/Cassell have finally listed it, and the précis has been slightly altered.

It now states "the images in this book chronicle Morrissey's world as he emerged from The Smiths and established himself as a solo artist".
Before, listings elsewhere described it as including images from The Smiths and solo years.

https://www.octopusbooks.co.uk/books/detail.page?isbn=9781788400237

Five months is a long time...

No mention of tattooed fans - probably a good thing :)
FWD.

No mention of tattooed fans - probably a good thing :)
FWD.

'fraid not FWD ~

"The book also includes portraits of fans around the world with Morrissey-inspired tattoos, featuring an essay by literary academic Dr Gail Crowther exploring how this art form is used to display devotion to a unique musician."...

'fraid not FWD ~

"The book also includes portraits of fans around the world with Morrissey-inspired tattoos, featuring an essay by literary academic Dr Gail Crowther exploring how this art form is used to display devotion to a unique musician."...

D'oh!!! :lbf:
FWD.

An event, but relates to the main topic:

Regards,
FWD.

To quote someone I like a lot - who comes here every now and again - who actually knows "something" about "someone" - the last time Kevin Cummin's photographed Morrissey and the Gang was back in 1991/2.

At that time Mr Cummins was employed by THE NME (no longer THE ENEMY.) And subsequently - with the demise of ALL of the musical press worldwide it appears - but especially after the demise of The NME and The Melody Maker in the UK, it would appear Mr Cummins has taken no more photographs of Morrissey ever after. Except leaning over the balcony at The Paladium more recently.

Since Mr Cummins was not getting paid to take photographs for any magazines, he wasn't an official photographer at Q Magazine nor at any other Magazines post 1992. Therefore, Mr Cummins wasn't dispatched to exotic locations in West Hollywood - nor Rochdale - to fumble with his 35mm during the wilderness years.

Nor was Mr Cummins dispatched in the much more exciting - and entertaining - Vauxhall years, Maladjusted years, Southpaw years, Quarry years, Ringleader years, Refusal years, Swords years, WPINOYB years, Low in high school years nor this year. Interestingly, these are ALL of the years Morrissey has been successful !

(Apologies if I missed a few glory years but I was in a musical-dreamlike-state whilst trying to ponder life and the universe....)

That's my two shilling's worth.

Viva Morrissey
Hazard
x

FYI: I've never been employed by anyone. I worked freelance for NME and several music magazines around the world and I continue to work for different organisations - despite the demise of NME. I've photographed Morrissey solo several times since 1991 - in fact there are photos up to 1994 in the book. I've photographed him regularly in concert over different periods / tours but I felt it was too meandering to use these photos and I wanted to keep the edit tight. I've got a lot of photos from gigs in Italy - from Roma and Firenze on different tours - too. Firenze was 2012 I think. I didn't feel it added to the story, so I left them out. It's always 'good' when people 'know' more about me than I actually know myself. Good work. And nobody needs to buy the book, it's not compulsory. The addition of photos of several fans and their homage to Morrissey is an important section, as it helps explain the enduring faith / love of the most devoted fan-base I've known in all the time I've worked with musicians. The book also contains three essays about my thoughts on photography, shooting on stage and portraiture - all obviously with strong links to my work with Morrissey. If you buy the book it's not compulsory to read any of this. I'm sure lots of you have your own ideas about what should and shouldn't be in a book about Moz - or anyone. So why not get out there and write one - instead of complaining about something you've not yet seen. Thanks

FYI: I've never been employed by anyone. I worked freelance for NME and several music magazines around the world and I continue to work for different organisations - despite the demise of NME. I've photographed Morrissey solo several times since 1991 - in fact there are photos up to 1994 in the book. I've photographed him regularly in concert over different periods / tours but I felt it was too meandering to use these photos and I wanted to keep the edit tight. I've got a lot of photos from gigs in Italy - from Roma and Firenze on different tours - too. Firenze was 2012 I think. I didn't feel it added to the story, so I left them out. It's always 'good' when people 'know' more about me than I actually know myself. Good work. And nobody needs to buy the book, it's not compulsory. The addition of photos of several fans and their homage to Morrissey is an important section, as it helps explain the enduring faith / love of the most devoted fan-base I've known in all the time I've worked with musicians. The book also contains three essays about my thoughts on photography, shooting on stage and portraiture - all obviously with strong links to my work with Morrissey. If you buy the book it's not compulsory to read any of this. I'm sure lots of you have your own ideas about what should and shouldn't be in a book about Moz - or anyone. So why not get out there and write one - instead of complaining about something you've not yet seen. Thanks
Book looks beautiful.

Regards,
FWD.

1825033190736074282.jpg

A few more pictures via his FB:

Non-Facebookers:

FB_IMG_1531827798891.jpg FB_IMG_1531827796043.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Featuring 2 cumshots and a fantastic two-page spread from up his anus, by solo’s very own Ketamine Sun! ;)
what do you do for an encore.bolt ya nugget.

30 quid,for the few photographs we have seen i would say its well worth it,i mean what would that buy these days,a night at the cinema,half a game of bowling,fifteen lottery tickets,go on treat yourself.

1826787145547568454.jpg
Regards,
FWD.

This week I've been putting together a "burn before reading" box of old notebooks and random odds and ends from the past that I don't want hanging around anymore, and some photos fell out of one of them of myself, a friend, and an ex girlfriend, and I was shocked by how beautiful and androgynous we all were in our youth, despite the bad fashion, goofy face I was pulling, and the burgundy lipstick and silver eyeshadow I thought was a good look. It was only a span of 20 years, but looking at the picture it felt like 100 years and 5 years all at once. Bittersweet is a fitting word.
Post the photo!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom