Kevin Cummins exhibition of Morrissey & Smiths photos, Manchester 7 Mar- 7 April 2013

From Twitter-
EXCLUSIVE: here's an unseen photo of Morrissey from my forthcoming exhibition in Manc.
The actual print is beautiful
.pic.twitter.com/4EaXvlcWer

cummins.jpg

http://www.manchesterphotographic.com/portfolio/morrissey-the-smiths/

An exhibition of photos of Morrissey and The Smiths by Kevin Cummins.
Manchester Photographic Gallery in Association with Philip J Davies Holdings PLC & CITC

EXHIBITION

07.03.13 – 6-9pm
08.03.13 – 07.04.13 – Mon-Sat – 10am-5pm

Unit 5,
Sevendale House,
Lever St,
Manchester
M11WD

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Kevin Cummins exhibition of Morrissey & Smiths photos, Manchester 7 Mar- 7 April

Beautiful pic.

(Kokopelli FTW! Woot! Welcome Spring.)

Last edited:
all i want is a man who looks just like this, with the same degree of intellect and talent, in manchester, RIGHT NOW! is that so very much to ask? why was there only one of this model made? i could have done with at least seven, one for each day so the others didn't have to work too hard!
he is SO beautiful.
i want an app that makes whatever i type occur the second i tap enter!

Last edited:
It obviously would have made a great cover for the 'Kill Uncle' reissue. Better than what has been *cough* designed.

Re: Kevin Cummins exhibition of Morrissey & Smiths photos, Manchester 7 Mar- 7 April

after all,... there :
nkue.jpg

Since it was a mile from home, I popped over and saw the exhibit.
Brilliant.
I've got a forthcoming blog entry with photos of the whole blast, met the photographer legend, and got snaps of some of those featured in the exhibit.
I can't see properly right now.
I don't actually drink, but the options were beer and white wine, so I started with white wine, and moved on to beer when the wine ran out, and the cocktail has sort of finished me off. If I practised drinking, I could possibly improve, but what is the motivation when it makes one's head feel like this.
The only credit I can give it is that it turns me from serious, quiet, and withdrawn, into affable, and highly social.
So, social lubricant fits it well.
No raw spots after rigorous intercoursing, I mean, interfacing!

Since it was a mile from home, I popped over and saw the exhibit.
Brilliant.
I've got a forthcoming blog entry with photos of the whole blast, met the photographer legend, and got snaps of some of those featured in the exhibit.
I can't see properly right now.
I don't actually drink, but the options were beer and white wine, so I started with white wine, and moved on to beer when the wine ran out, and the cocktail has sort of finished me off. If I practised drinking, I could possibly improve, but what is the motivation when it makes one's head feel like this.
The only credit I can give it is that it turns me from serious, quiet, and withdrawn, into affable, and highly social.
So, social lubricant fits it well.
No raw spots after rigorous intercoursing, I mean, interfacing!

You're funny. :)

You're funny. :)

thank you!
i vaguely remembered clacking on the keyboard in the general direction of this website last night, so when i woke up,
(like 30 seconds ago,) i was thinking "whatdidisaywhatdidisay?!?!?!?"
fortunately it was nothing dreadful.
i"ll try to save all that for when i'm not under the influence of some old thing or other.

blind me!! Morrissey should pay you to design his covers. I do like it!!! The problem with the new one is that stupid colour they have ad to the original B/W photo. I don't know who is behind all the Morrissey covers, but some of them could be done much better without being fancy. Trying to read Morrissey's mind, I guess he thinks it is about the music and not the cover.

blind me!! Morrissey should pay you to design his covers. I do like it!!! The problem with the new one is that stupid colour they have ad to the original B/W photo. I don't know who is behind all the Morrissey covers, but some of them could be done much better without being fancy. Trying to read Morrissey's mind, I guess he thinks it is about the music and not the cover.

I thought Moz designed his own covers...I'd have to fact check that. I believe it was true in The Smiths era. He at least chose the photos, which was about the extent of the "design"..but, I don't know about the solo days.

I will try to find this exhibition tomorrow.

I think it's in this building?

pnw__1294758432_S7303324.jpg

that's the one, from that point of view, you'd go to the right hand side of the building, and it's mid-way down.

Directly over the door for Pronuptia, a wedding attire shop.

The exhibition

I popped in to the Kevin Cummings exhibition of Morrissey and smiths photography on my lunch today in Manchester. The photographs are fantastic, no question, the venue is an empty shop front with no flooring, and the photos are £995.00 each to buy (not framed). I'm a fan of the art, they are awesome photos. But £995 each because they are numbered 1 -50 and have the photographers signature at the bottom. Wow, I'm a fan but I just found my limit.

I finally made it to see the exhibition today. Some really beautiful images, most we have seen before but there are one or two that were new to me (including the image used in the original post which was taken in Dublin in April 1991 as part of this session http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=57&page=1)

I asked whether other prints are available other than the £1000... the guy replied by saying I could buy one of the £1000 prints and pay for it in two installments... I wonder if they will sell any?

Dave

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom