Kettering, OH - Fraze Pavilion (Sep. 11, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I Am Hated For Loving / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Break Up The Family / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Life Is A Pigsty / Some Say I Got Devil / Hairdresser On Fire / Back On The Chain Gang // Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist by FWD via setlist.fm

Last edited:
That’s last picture he looks like a walker from the Walking Dead.
Pale and pastel colours will do that to you after a certain age and at any age depending on your colour season.
Moz looks stunning in darker richer colours. What season are you?

Morrissey appears to have lost his style, judging by some of the images from this tour. Apologies to US fans for my cultural references, but he is starting to resemble a mish mash of Ken Dodd and Derek Acorah.

He looks like the Phantom of the Opera without the mask :eek:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Here are a few of the songs from the concert. Stage lighting and seat location didn't mix well with the iPhone--Morrissey looks like Casper the Friendly Ghost in the footage. The sound is pretty good though.

Alma Matters:

I Am Hated For Loving:

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore:

Break Up The Family:

Jack The Ripper:

Back On The Chain Gang:

Everyday Is Like Sunday:

In case Morrissey is reading and needs some new material for the pre-show montage, I present for your consideration the following, from another artist who has defied the music industry:

How well acquainted you are with the last artist. It says a lot about you as a person and has no relevance on this forum, except to illustrate your disfunction as an ex morrissey fan who still follows him. You defy good taste. Ignorant.

Hi! Setlist indicates that Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself was played between Suedehead and Paris. Just noting for accuracy. Thanks.
d

It was a bit odd that it was during Break Up the Family. I love and tolerate Morrissey but he does live in Hollyweird, where nothing really surprises if you let it.

He’s singing about his family of friends, not relatives and parents.

To be fair, this site aspires (most of the time), to be a Morrissey appreciation, rather than toleration, space. Nevertheless, if you neither love him or hate him—and merely put up with him—you have my best wishes as it must be constantly irksome for you here.
I stated that I loved and tolerated him. It seems this space is only for those who either see him as a monster or a god.

I often wonder if I'm about to tire of all the concert feedback but I never seem to. It's always great to hear from those attending in far off places. A bit of jealousy thrown in of course because I wish I was at some of those great venues. I have no interest really in attendances, I just find it amazing that Moz is still rocking it and his voice is so good these days that he can turn the ordinary into the sublime. He is completely individual, whether you like the whole package or just bits, but you won't find this kind of artistry anywhere else so needs to be appreciated while it's still right in front of your face. Once it's gone it's gone.

This was my eighth time seeing Morrissey in the flesh and my second time up front. I was almost near the center of the stage. I saw him back in 2015 in Nashville and received a handshake, but not this time. He shook the hands of people around me and acted like he was going to reach out to me, but backed away lol.

Amazing show though and a great setlist. Highlights for me were If You Don't Like Me and the Vauxhall tracks.

I got to meet Douglas and talked to him before the show about Morrissey and sports. He ended up catching the shirt at the end to add to his collection.

It was a great evening and I hope to see Morrissey again in the near future!

Kettering, OH - Fraze Pavilion (Sep. 11, 2019).jpg
photo@seemserene

Kettering, OH - Fraze Pavilion (Sep. 11, 2019) partial

I posted MP3 / 320 kbit/s

There are two sources from youtube:

Bearcats Rising-Again : 1/10/11/14/17/21/22 - Above average to Good audience recording (8,0)

ThePolarExpress : 19/20 - Average audience recording (6,0)

Fichier audio MP3 / 320 kbit/s
90 Mo

In 'Downloads / Bootlegs'

Best Regards,

PIVI16

Last edited:
Thank you very much for checking anyway. That was probably the heaviest amount of security that I have ever experienced at a Morrissey show. Those around us seemed to be very nice. There were so many of them that it made the front row feel like the second though. My daughter had to lay her head down on the rail most of the time to be able to see around one of them. Maybe a nice photo or video with a good angle will show up eventually. She has talked about the show all day. We made a playlist of the setlist to listen to on the 4 hour car ride home. It was definitely a night that she and I will never forget. Thanks again for trying to help.

My son was a 26 week preemie. He weighed 2 pounds and nearly died more times than I can count. He had a long road to get to being healthy. Seeing him now at age 16 he’s the picture of fitness and health. If you recall him at the show I’m sure you’d never have guessed his rough start.

When he was so little and so sick I used to terribly sing ‘Now My Heart Is Full’ to him. For some reason my horrible rendition of that song would soothe his pain. It became a thing for us. Morrissey became a thing for us. I’m always happy to see other parents with kids at Morrissey shows. There’s always an emotional piece. Always. Again, kudos on bringing your daughter to the show.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom