Ken Jennings defends racist, anti-semitic friend

I think it's just a case of Radis aping Verso's 'personality'. Radis is just a total sad sack without an ounce of wit or personality who has been coasting through life on the fact that he went to university over 20 years ago and thinks that it lends him some kind of credibility. It's why I refer to him as the ex-student. I don't think there's any real badness in Radis, he's just dopey, and his thinking is very black and white. With him, there's only one narrative and he struggles to consider anything outside of that. He's also a perpetual follower. With you and me, or with you and bun bun, I don't think it's obvious who has the more dominant personality; none of us are clear followers. But in the case of Verso and Radis, Verso is the obvious leader. Show 100 people their posts and they would pick Verso as the leader each time, with Radis as the somewhat out of his depth underling.

As for Verso and his 'personality' (that Radis apes when instigating drama with us), I won't play the armchair psychiatrist by attempting to give a specific diagnosis, but I think it's clear that the guy has personality disorders. We could type a bunch of Verso's traits into some psychiatry website and probably come up with a fairly accurate diagnosis. The lying, the grandiose sense of self/superiority complex, the status seeking, the need to cut others down to raise himself up, etc. An unpleasant individual all-round, he might be able to function fairly well in society though because he can conceal his true self and put on an act, but I would be surprised if the nasty side doesn't come out on occasion behind closed doors which is unfortunate for the people around him. Even if it's just a snide comment here and there to undermine people and exert some kind of control over them. He lets the mask slip from time to time, admitting to his lack of empathy and so on. It's not like it's something he can help, being this way day in day out is beyond his control which must be an awful way to have to live your life. I don't care about whatever inner turmoil he may or may not have, I don't know what goes on in the head of someone like that when he's alone at night with his thoughts, although I do feel sorry for the people in his life who have to be around him on a regular basis.

Sleep well rifke!!! :hearteyecat:
You seem insecure and bitter, in equal measure.

Do you think rifke knows she’s being taken for a ride or do you think she actually believes she has a new bestie on this website?

Do you think rifke knows she’s being taken for a ride or do you think she actually believes she has a new bestie on this website?

If you replaced 'rifke' with 'herring' and the 'she's with 'he's, you'd have an equally valid question. I'm just going to sit back, popcorn in bowl, and watch it all turn to shit, as usually happens with these sorts of people.

:rolleyes:

😐

WTF?
does radish operate a hot fish fry cart in east london?

If you replaced 'rifke' with 'herring' and the 'she's with 'he's, you'd have an equally valid question. I'm just going to sit back, popcorn in bowl, and watch it all turn to shit, as usually happens with these sorts of people.
Eh, we're both able to be ourselves and that's the main thing!

:confounded:

in east london you get a handful of popcorn
sprinkled over your fried hot fish order:mask:
if you hear one peddler lecturing on the
sabines while splattering your fish you found
radish push cart:fish:

You seem insecure and bitter, in equal measure.
A one sentence criticism from someone I hadn't seen until yesterday (but who apparently is deeply frustrated by me), which was rated 'informative' by Radis Noir, yes, I believe I can confidently mark your post as.....drum roll please..... 🥁🥁🥁

Suspense Anticipation GIF

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

mister rogers middle finger GIF

:confounded:

in east london you get a handful of popcorn
sprinkled over your fried hot fish order:mask:
if you hear one peddler lecturing on the
sabines while splattering your fish you found
radish push cart:fish:

I'm going to take a speculative punt and suggest that you've never actually been to East London.

I'm going to take a speculative punt and suggest that you've never actually been to East London.
o_O

a 'speculative punt' WTF? like the cartoon where the chick pulls the ball when
the bald headed kid is about to kick it??:crazy:
kind of a 'janice and Magento' routine, subtracting 60 yrs apiece:straightface:
no you havent seen me in east london since i dont eat fish.
:hammer:

Hello Jeopardy! gang, I'm about to overshare! Here are my results for the final week of season 37 which was guest hosted by Joe Buck:

Overall score: 201/303 (66%)
Daily Doubles: 10/15 (67%)
Final Jeopardy!: 3/5 (60%)
Questions I got right that none of the contestants got right: 15 out of a possible 26 (58%)

These were my highest and lowest scoring categories for the week:
Categories where I scored 5/5 (12): The Letter After M, Let's Sea, Myth Run-Ons, A Visit to the ISS, Nations, 3-Syllable Verbs, Name that Shakespeare Play, Unusual Islands, Dumb Answers, "Con" Game, Idioms, Crossword Clues "Q" (60 out of a possible 60 -- also scored 4/4 on "Ish" List but time ran out in the round before the final clue could be read.)

Scored 4/5 (18): It's a Federal Crime!, "A" Movie, Inaugurating a President, The Canines Film Festival, 19th Century Music, An August Category, Come Out to the Coast, Have a Few Laughs, Deeper Cuts on their Album, Classic British Novels, City Transportation, The Gershwin Prize, The Late Great Chadwick Boseman, Events of the 1850s, No Egrets, Think Big!, Canals, Lost (72 out of a possible 90)

Skipping my middle of the road efforts and going right down to the bottom:
Scored 1/5 (6): Current TV, TV Roles, Lock Talk, Math, Colorful Pro Sports Teams, Foundry (6 out of a possible 30 -- also scored 1/4 on Fruits & Vegetables but time ran out in the round before the final clue.)

Scored 0/5: None this past week (or the week before), but most weeks there's been at least one although never more than two in a week as far as I recall.

Missed opportunity of the week: scored 3/5 in the category 'China's Cultural Revolution' which could have been 5/5 but for two minor mistakes.
I said 'Red Book' instead of 'Little Red Book' and 'Deng Xiaopeng' instead of 'Deng Xiaoping'.
Surprise of the week: scoring 4/5 in a bird category (No Egrets).

From the guest host episodes, my highest scoring week for Final Jeopardy responses was Ken Jennings' first week when I got 5/5, my best scoring Daily Double week I think was a tie between one of the Aaron Rodgers weeks and David Faber's week when I scored 12/15 (80%), my highest overall score was Bill Whittaker's first week when I got 205 right out of 300 (68%), my best week for getting questions that none of the contestants got right was this Joe Buck week that I just posted about, and the week where I scored 5/5 in the most categories was back in March during Katie Couric's first week when I "ran" 15 categories (out of 60 categories overall). My lowest scoring episode was LeVar Burton's first episode when I scored only 28/57 (49%), which also featured the worst score in Jeopardy! history with one of the contestants finishing with -$7400. LeVar's woeful performance as host had to, at least partially, be responsible for that. My highest scoring episode from the guest host weeks however was the very next episode after the lowest scoring episode when I redeemed myself by getting 47/60 right (78%).

Since March 21st 2020 I've watched 250 episodes, and these were the hosts for those episodes:
Alex Trebek (164; 66% of the episodes), Ken Jennings (20), Aaron Rodgers (10), Savannah Guthrie (6), Mike Richards (5), Katie Couric (5), Anderson Cooper (5), Bill Whittaker (5), Mayim Bialik (5), Robin Roberts (5), LeVar Burton (5), David Faber (5), Joe Buck (5), Art Fleming (4), Pat Sajak (1).

My overall scores from those 250 episodes are 8878/14860 (60%, including Final Jeopardy!), and 134/248 (54%) for Final Jeopardy alone (it's 248 instead of 250 for FJ! as two of the late '70s episodes I watched had a board called 'Super Jeopardy' instead of Final Jeopardy!). My scores have been creeping up this year because between March 21st 2020 and December 31st 2020 I watched 136 episodes and my overall score was 4541/8007 (57%), but in the 114 episodes I watched since January 1st 2021 I've scored 4337/6853 (63%).

What are my upcoming Jeopardy! plans, you may ask!? There's a month break between now and the start of season 38 so I'll use that time to do some revising and I might watch one episode from each of the guest hosts I missed (Mehmet Oz, Buzzy Cohen, George Stephanopoulos, Sanjay Gupta) if I can still find them online. I made a list over the past couple of days of the topics I should brush up on, but I think if I just read up on American sports teams, look through the streaming services to see what the latest shows are, and study the American map more closely, I could add a few extra correct responses to my weekly totals. That's if I'm feeling lazy about it and want to take shortcuts but here's the full list:

Regions of Italy/Germany/France + which cities belong to which regions
US state nicknames, capitals & national parks
Star signs by month + birthstones/wedding gifts by anniversary
Greek alphabet and phonetic alphabet
American sports champions and stadiums
Map of Canada
American Revolution battles
Series on Netflix/Amazon Prime/Apple +/Hulu/HBO Max + '70s sitcoms
Automakers
Food and drink esp. Italian
Locations of major American rivers & lakes
Bios of Historic American businessmen & families
Pharaohs and empires
Photographers
Shakespeare characters
Bible books
Latin terms/French terms
Dates of Christian and Jewish holidays
Weights and measures
Greek mythology
Colonised countries' years of independence
Historic Italian families (Borgia, Medici)
Marvel universe and thriller writers
Periodic table
Acting families
Recent Oscar/Grammy/Nobel/Pulitzer/Golden Globe/Emmy winners
Flags/African capitals
Types of tree/birds/flowers
Wild West figures
Chinese dynasties
Polar explorers
The routes of early 16th century explorers + dates of birth/death.
Germanic tribes
American companies
Dickens characters
Vice Presidents/Secretaries of State
20th Century Popes

If you've read this far, I'd like to take this time to thank rifke because without her I wouldn't have got two questions correct recently; I can't remember which week it was, but they were asking about a T.S. Eliot poem (which was on rifke's poems list) and the nationality of Orhan Pamuk. Neither of which I would have known without rifke referring to them. I felt very grateful when I got them right :hearteyes:. The rest of you need to step up to rifke's level and write about things that I can use for future Jeopardy responses. Instead of talking about playing guitar for 19 year old stoners or telling useless Walter Mitty tall tales about your life on the west coast and whatever else it is that you people write about. Reading rifke's posts has proven to have off-site benefits, could the same be said for the rest of you???? As Snoop Dogg said "elevate yourself"

Ew8jzoIUYAEPWGS.jpeg

Anyway, see you guys in this thread again next season if I find myself capable of stomaching Mike Richards as permanent host :thumb:

Excited Lets Go GIF

Last edited:
Hello Jeopardy! gang, I'm about to overshare! Here are my results for the final week of season 37 which was guest hosted by Joe Buck:

Questions I got right that none of the contestants got right: 15 out of a possible 26 (58%)

Categories where I scored 5/5 (12): The Letter After M, Let's Sea, Myth Run-Ons, A Visit to the ISS, Nations, 3-Syllable Verbs, Name that Shakespeare Play, Unusual Islands, Dumb Answers, "Con" Game, Idioms, Crossword Clues "Q" (60 out of a possible 60 -- also scored 4/4 on "Ish" List but time ran out in the round before the final clue could be read.)

Scored 4/5 (18): It's a Federal Crime!, "A" Movie, Inaugurating a President, The Canines Film Festival, 19th Century Music, An August Category, Come Out to the Coast, Have a Few Laughs, Deeper Cuts on their Album, Classic British Novels, City Transportation, The Gershwin Prize, The Late Great Chadwick Boseman, Events of the 1850s, No Egrets, Think Big!, Canals, Lost (72 out of a possible 90)

Scored 1/5 (6): Current TV, TV Roles, Lock Talk, Math, Colorful Pro Sports Teams, Foundry (6 out of a possible 30 -- also scored 1/4 on Fruits & Vegetables but time ran out in the round before the final clue.)

Scored 0/5: None this past week (or the week before), but most weeks there's been at least one although never more than two in a week as far as I recall.

Missed opportunity of the week: scored 3/5 in the category 'China's Cultural Revolution' which could have been 5/5 but for two minor mistakes.
I said 'Red Book' instead of 'Little Red Book' and 'Deng Xiaopeng' instead of 'Deng Xiaoping'.

From the guest host episodes, my highest scoring week for Final Jeopardy responses was Ken Jennings' first week when I got 5/5, my best scoring Daily Double week I think was a tie between one of the Aaron Rodgers weeks and David Faber's week when I scored 12/15 (80%), my highest overall score was Bill Whittaker's first week when I got 205 right out of 300 (68%), my best week for getting questions that none of the contestants got right was this Joe Buck week that I just posted about, and the week where I scored 5/5 in the most categories was back in March during Katie Couric's first week when I "ran" 15 categories (out of 60 categories overall). My lowest scoring episode was LeVar Burton's first episode when I scored only 28/57 (49%), which also featured the worst score in Jeopardy! history with one of the contestants finishing with -$7400. LeVar's woeful performance as host had to, at least partially, be responsible for that. My highest scoring episode from the guest host weeks however was the very next episode after the lowest scoring episode when I redeemed myself by getting 47/60 right (78%).

Since March 21st 2020 I've watched 250 episodes, and these were the hosts for those episodes:
Alex Trebek (164; 66% of the episodes), Ken Jennings (20), Aaron Rodgers (10), Savannah Guthrie (6), Mike Richards (5), Katie Couric (5), Anderson Cooper (5), Bill Whittaker (5), Mayim Bialik (5), Robin Roberts (5), LeVar Burton (5), David Faber (5), Joe Buck (5), Art Fleming (4), Pat Sajak (1).

My overall scores from those 250 episodes are 8878/14860 (60%, including Final Jeopardy!), and 134/248 (54%) for Final Jeopardy alone (it's 248 instead of 250 for FJ! as two of the late '70s episodes I watched had a board called 'Super Jeopardy' instead of Final Jeopardy!). My scores have been creeping up this year because between March 21st 2020 and December 31st 2020 I watched 136 episodes and my overall score was 4541/8007 (57%), but in the 114 episodes I watched since January 1st 2021 I've scored 4337/6853 (63%).

What are my upcoming Jeopardy! plans, you may ask!? There's a month break between now and the start of season 38 so I'll use that time to do some revising and I might watch one episode from each of the guest hosts I missed (Mehmet Oz, Buzzy Cohen, George Stephanopoulos, Sanjay Gupta) if I can still find them online. I made a list over the past couple of days of the topics I should brush up on, but I think if I just read up on American sports teams, look through the streaming services to see what the latest shows are, and study the American map more closely, I could add a few extra correct responses to my weekly totals. That's if I'm feeling lazy about it and want to take shortcuts but here's the full list:

Map of Canada
Automakers
Pharaohs and empires
Photographers
Shakespeare characters
Bible books
Latin terms/French terms
Weights and measures
Greek mythology
Periodic table
Acting families
Flags/African capitals
Wild West figures
Chinese dynasties
Polar explorers
Germanic tribes
American companies
Dickens characters
20th Century Popes

If you've read this far, I'd like to take this time to thank rifke because without her I wouldn't have got two questions correct recently; I can't remember which week it was, but they were asking about a T.S. Eliot poem (which was on rifke's poems list) and the nationality of Orhan Pamuk. Neither of which I would have known without rifke referring to them. I felt very grateful when I got them right :hearteyes:. The rest of you need to step up to rifke's level and write about things that I can use for future Jeopardy responses. Instead of talking about playing guitar for 19 year old stoners or making up stories about parties in L.A. and upstate New York even though you actually live in New Jersey, and whatever else it is that you people write about. Reading rifke's posts has proven to have off-site benefits, could the same be said for the rest of you???? As Snoop Dogg said "elevate yourself"

View attachment 75446

Anyway, see you guys in this thread again next season if I find myself capable of stomaching Mike Richards as permanent host :thumb:
oh my god, how do i rate this?! i want to slobber both hearts and laughing emojis all over it!!!!! im so glad i proved useful to your jeopardy game!! that makes me so proud!!! and you know, it is so nice to be in acquaintance with someone who actually remembers things one has said or recommended!! there is absolutely NO POINT in talking to anyone who is incapable of forming a coherent history of things a person has said or done, because then it's like viewing a panoramic painting only an inch at a time without ever getting a full view and thus the subject ends up feeling woefully fragmented. but with you i NEVER feel fragmented, honey bunny!!

congratulations on your impressive jeopardy scores!! you are such a star!!!

Map of Canada
Automakers
Pharaohs and empires
Photographers
Shakespeare characters
Bible books
Latin terms/French terms
Weights and measures
Greek mythology
Periodic table
Acting families
Flags/African capitals
Wild West figures
Chinese dynasties
Polar explorers
Germanic tribes
American companies
Dickens characters
20th Century Popes

If you've read this far, I'd like to take this time to thank rifke because without her I wouldn't have got two questions correct recently; I can't remember which week it was, but they were asking about a T.S. Eliot poem (which was on rifke's poems list) and the nationality of Orhan Pamuk. Neither of which I would have known without rifke referring to them. I felt very grateful when I got them right :hearteyes:. The rest of you need to step up to rifke's level and write about things that I can use for future Jeopardy responses. Instead of talking about playing guitar for 19 year old stoners or making up stories about parties in L.A. and upstate New York even though you actually live in New Jersey, and whatever else it is that you people write about. Reading rifke's posts has proven to have off-site benefits, could the same be said for the rest of you???? As Snoop Dogg said "elevate yourself"

View attachment 75446

Excited Lets Go GIF
Brief report: "the autism epidemic". The registered prevalence of autism in a Swedish urban area

I wasn't expecting this but if they install LeVar Burton in his place I'm going to hit the roof. At this stage only Ken Jennings will do but he has his own 'comment history' that people will dig up. There are people out there determined to get LeVar Burton into the role by any means necessary, and many of them don't even watch Jeopardy. People like Charlotte Clymer and Meghan McCain and other people I can't stand the sight of. Poor Matt Amodio on an 18 day streak, the third highest earner in Jeopardy history, having to deal with this upheaval. It probably won't affect him too much though as he seems unflappable. As far as I know season 38 was due to begin recording yesterday. Ever since Mike Richards was announced as Jeopardy host there have been a slew of "Jeopardy fans outraged that LeVar Burton not announced as the new host" articles. I thought I was rid of him but now I fear Sony will be in damage control mode and will hire him. Please God, Sir, I beg of you: I promise not to ask you for anything else for the rest of the year, just let the new Jeopardy! host be anyone else except LeVar Burton :praying:

Edit: according to Mike Richards' statement they're going back to guest hosts for a while. "SPT will now resume the search for a permanent syndicated host. In the meantime, we will be bringing back guest hosts to continue production for the new season, details of which will be announced next week."

Edit again: If LeVar Burton is announced as the permanent host I'm going full Taliban and I want death to America. Blue haired cat ladies with a "diversity" fixation getting their way will be the final straw for me, not just the final straw concerning Jeopardy! but the country as a whole.

Last edited:
"Reports earlier this week from Claire McNear of "The Ringer" reveal that Richards has an extended history of disparaging and offensive remarks about women, Asians, people on unemployment, short people, and Jews."

That's why he stepped down!!?? He sounds like my kind of guy. God, I wish he was still the host. I don't care about the cronyism or the conniving or any of that any more which initially didn't sit right with me, all is forgiven :cry:

Edit: There we have it :thumb:

"Mike Richards' disparaging remarks about Jews, women & Asians are no laughing matter," the organization wrote on Twitter. "Stereotyping is an entry point to hate and his apology lacks acknowledgment of its harm." The ADL works to stop the defamation of Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all, according to its website."

Wasn't someone on this website looking for examples of "cancel culture" a few days ago :unsure:

Last edited:
I personally can’t wait until LeVar Burton, a proud black man and beloved figure to my generation as host of Reading Rainbow, takes over as the face of Jeopardy. :tiphat:

Back
Top Bottom