Ken Jennings defends racist, anti-semitic friend

White people in America have to be careful about what they do with their hands while in public due to mass paranoia and mental illness.

500 former Jeopardy contestants signing an open letter to condemn the fact that a white male held up three fingers on camera (to signify that he had won three games) because it looked like the 'OK' sign is off-the-charts paranoia. They've ruined his Jeopardy experience of course, because now it will always be tied to unfounded "white supremacy" allegations, but they don't care about that. If it had been found out that he had been a member of or donated money to a white supremacist group then that would be one thing,
or if he had pulled out a white hood and put it on while the camera was on him,
at least there would have been evidence behind their claims, but his only "crime" was holding up three fingers on camera.

www.google.com

Winthrop man denies making racist hand gesture on ‘Jeopardy!’ after 500-plus former contestants sign open letter

"I’m truly horrified with what has been posted about me on social media."

A key line from the 'open letter': "We cannot stand up for hate. We cannot stand next to hate. We cannot stand onstage with something that looks like hate." Something that looks like hate. Also "we hope to see changes made so that future mistakes of this magnitude never make it on air" -- this magnitude. I don't know if the people who signed the letter knew exactly what they were signing, I assume they did (if it's even genuine, numerous news sites have reported on it but none of the sites seem to have attempted to verify that the 500 contestants adding their name to the letter is real), but whoever wrote the letter and apparently asked former contestants to sign it is a basket case.

And with all that being said, I have zero respect for this guy for coming out and "apologizing" for the gesture. The only way to deal with these people is never to apologize for anything. A stony silence would be preferable to genuflecting before the mob.

I wrote the following post as Turbanus.cro in July 2019, it was tongue in cheek and hyperbolic but obviously there was a ring of truth to it so I'm going to paste it here:

"Imagine being too afraid to lift your arm upright, your own limb which belongs to you. That you could lose your career or have the police at your door for being caught with your arm upright :crazy:

Similar to how some kooks over in the USA were freaking out recently about the 'OK' sign, claiming that it was a secret symbol for 'white power'. Even if it was what they claimed it to be, it's someone else's hand and they can make a circle with their thumb and forefinger if they choose. Imagine thinking you have some control over what other people do with their arms and fingers :handok::crazy:

And imagine policing yourself and being self-conscious about what height you lift your arm to, just in case someone sees you and thinks you're saluting Hitler :man:

But only if you're white, that is. It's preferable to have you like a prisoner in your own body where even your body language and movement of your arms and fingers is constantly monitored :rolleyes:
21st century society is 24/7 White Man Bootcamp. Atten hut! :policeofficer::ha-no: "
I thought you could have a point until I saw the picture, Ask any three year old their age and you'll see the difference between "holding up three fingers" and what this guy is doing.

I thought you could have a point until I saw the picture, Ask any three year old their age and you'll see the difference between "holding up three fingers" and what this guy is doing.

Nice to see you on the side of "white man did something with his fingers, this is deserving of widespread condemnation and coverage on mainstream news outlets". It's a relief to see that the week you just spent in bed didn't have an adverse effect on your critical thinking skills and you're as lucid as ever.

Here he was at the start of day two, after having won one game:
Screenshot_20210501-172724.png

Here he was at the start of day three, after having won two games:

Screenshot_20210501-172542.png

At the start of day four he must have just thought: "oh hey, I know, let's throw up the ol' "white power" sign today". Imagine if he hadn't won three games, he never would have had the chance to signal 'white power' to people, but he waited and waited. He played the long game. Finally, after giving dozens of correct responses and winning tens of thousands of dollars, he got his opportunity. For a split second on national television he got to signal 'white power' under the guise of the three fingers he held up representing 'three games won', and a man sipping a beer in rural Virginia watching Jeopardy! tipped his confederate flag hat in recognition of this sly gesture. The perfect crime. And he would have got away with it too, if it wasn't for an eagle-eyed and perfectly level headed viewer who saw this and thought "white supremacy!!!" and wrote an open letter about it, managing to prevent a white nationalist takeover of Jeopardy! just in the nick of time.

Last edited:
Nice to see you on the side of "white man did something with his fingers, this is deserving of widespread condemnation and coverage on mainstream news outlets". It's a relief to see that the week you just spent in bed didn't have an adverse effect on your critical thinking skills and you're as lucid as ever.

View attachment 71718

View attachment 71719

At the start of day four he must have just thought: "oh hey, I know, let's throw up the ol' "white power" sign today". Imagine if he hadn't won three games, he never would have had the chance to signal 'white power' to people, but he waited and waited. He played the long game. Finally, after giving dozens of correct responses and winning tens of thousands of dollars, he got his opportunity. For a split second on national television he got to signal 'white power' under the guise of the three fingers he held up representing 'three games won', and a man sipping a beer in rural Oklahoma watching Jeopardy! tipped his confederate flag hat in recognition of this sly gesture. The perfect crime. And he would have got away with it too, if it wasn't for an eagle-eyed and perfectly level headed viewer who saw this and thought "white supremacy!!!" and wrote an open letter about it, managing to prevent a white nationalist takeover of Jeopardy! just in the nick of time.

Oh dear, Bored of Herring, this hasn't really panned out as you were hoping, has it? Only three people bothered to express any interest in your pearl-clutching exposé of wokeness gorn mad and they all think that your man is a bona fide white supremacist.
I'm quite disappointed in you. When you finally plucked up the courage to stop being an anonymous troll and to start being a troll with an account, you promised us a step-change in the quality of the dialectic on here. But all you've given us is a lot of long-winded trolling. If you were a Premier League manager, right now you'd be at the stage where the chairman of the board is expressing full confidence in you, prior to sacking you three days later after losing 4-1 at home to West Bromwich Albion with the team hovering three points above the relegation zone.
My wife sends her regards, by the way.

View attachment 71718

View attachment 71719

At the start of day four he must have just thought: "oh hey, I know, let's throw up the ol' "white power" sign today". Imagine if he hadn't won three games, he never would have had the chance to signal 'white power' to people, but he waited and waited. He played the long game. Finally, after giving dozens of correct responses and winning tens of thousands of dollars, he got his opportunity. For a split second on national television he got to signal 'white power' under the guise of the three fingers he held up representing 'three games won', and a man sipping a beer in rural Virginia watching Jeopardy! tipped his confederate flag hat in recognition of this sly gesture. The perfect crime. And he would have got away with it too, if it wasn't for an eagle-eyed and perfectly level headed viewer who saw this and thought "white supremacy!!!" and wrote an open letter about it, managing to prevent a white nationalist takeover of Jeopardy! just in the nick of time.
Do you feel these photos help your case?
I want to make this clear. I am not even addressing the meaning of the symbol. I'm simply talking about what you characterized as "holding up three fingers."
So, do you think these photos help? They don't. Where he's holding up one finger, and two fingers, it's exactly how people everywhere do this to indicate "one," and "two."
But something is very different in the photo where he is extending three fingers, don't you think?
Suddenly he is not using his index finger as 1.
And he's not even "holding up three fingers." In fact, if he were to hold his hand up as he does in the other photos it would just make it more obvious that this is "the OK sign."

As far as the apology I don't know if you're familiar with The Sopranos, but if so do you remember when Tony is advising Ralphie how to handle the "90 pound mole" situation with Johnny Sack? He tells him not to apologize because he has to continue to deny this forever. But Ralphie apologizes anyway and Johnny knows for sure then.

White people in America have to be careful about what they do with their hands while in public due to mass paranoia and mental illness.

500 former Jeopardy contestants signing an open letter to condemn the fact that a white male held up three fingers on camera (to signify that he had won three games) because it looked like the 'OK' sign is off-the-charts paranoia. They've ruined his Jeopardy experience of course, because now it will always be tied to unfounded "white supremacy" allegations, but they don't care about that. If it had been found out that he had been a member of or donated money to a white supremacist group then that would be one thing,
or if he had pulled out a white hood and put it on while the camera was on him,
at least there would have been evidence behind their claims, but his only "crime" was holding up three fingers on camera.

www.google.com

Winthrop man denies making racist hand gesture on ‘Jeopardy!’ after 500-plus former contestants sign open letter

"I’m truly horrified with what has been posted about me on social media."

A key line from the 'open letter': "We cannot stand up for hate. We cannot stand next to hate. We cannot stand onstage with something that looks like hate." Something that looks like hate. Also "we hope to see changes made so that future mistakes of this magnitude never make it on air" -- this magnitude. I don't know if the people who signed the letter knew exactly what they were signing, I assume they did (if it's even genuine, numerous news sites have reported on it but none of the sites seem to have attempted to verify that the 500 contestants adding their name to the letter is real), but whoever wrote the letter and apparently asked former contestants to sign it is a basket case.

And with all that being said, I have zero respect for this guy for coming out and "apologizing" for the gesture. The only way to deal with these people is never to apologize for anything. A stony silence would be preferable to genuflecting before the mob.

I wrote the following post as Turbanus.cro in July 2019, it was tongue in cheek and hyperbolic but obviously there was a ring of truth to it so I'm going to paste it here:

"Imagine being too afraid to lift your arm upright, your own limb which belongs to you. That you could lose your career or have the police at your door for being caught with your arm upright :crazy:

Similar to how some kooks over in the USA were freaking out recently about the 'OK' sign, claiming that it was a secret symbol for 'white power'. Even if it was what they claimed it to be, it's someone else's hand and they can make a circle with their thumb and forefinger if they choose. Imagine thinking you have some control over what other people do with their arms and fingers :handok::crazy:

And imagine policing yourself and being self-conscious about what height you lift your arm to, just in case someone sees you and thinks you're saluting Hitler :man:

But only if you're white, that is. It's preferable to have you like a prisoner in your own body where even your body language and movement of your arms and fingers is constantly monitored :rolleyes:
21st century society is 24/7 White Man Bootcamp. Atten hut! :policeofficer::ha-no: "
poor guy

Oh dear, Bored of Herring, this hasn't really panned out as you were hoping, has it? Only three people bothered to express any interest in your pearl-clutching exposé of wokeness gorn mad and they all think that your man is a bona fide white supremacist.
I'm quite disappointed in you. When you finally plucked up the courage to stop being an anonymous troll and to start being a troll with an account, you promised us a step-change in the quality of the dialectic on here. But all you've given us is a lot of long-winded trolling. If you were a Premier League manager, right now you'd be at the stage where the chairman of the board is expressing full confidence in you, prior to sacking you three days later after losing 4-1 at home to West Bromwich Albion with the team hovering three points above the relegation zone.
My wife sends her regards, by the way.
:rolleyes:

WTF are you talking about FFS? you are hiring an imaginary person only to sack them 3 days later? you dont even have a job:mad: and you are firing somebody?:crazy:
and this thing about your 'wife', BGVelcro, nobody cares FFS.o_O

8 days ago we had FC today we have:handpointdown:

5379269731_fbdafc6777_b.jpg

I am REALLY enjoying my break from Jeopardy, and quiz shows in general. Suddenly I have all this free time that I didn't realise I was missing. I will admit, over the past two and a half years, I overdid it with the quiz shows. I'm not sure exactly, but I think I watched somewhere in the region of 950 of them during that time, and kept my score for each one.

I used to watch a quiz here and there, an episode of Mastermind, a few consecutive days of Eggheads, but then I'd get bored and wouldn't watch any for months. Then around February 2019, I wondered "if I watch a full week of Eggheads, what would my score look like, which subjects would I score highest and lowest in?"
highest: Music
lowest: Food and Drink
One week turned into two, then I decided I might as well do it for an entire month (I ended up watching 118 episodes in all before it was taken off the air). After that first month, I started looking to other quizzes, wondering how highly I could score in them. It began with your Masterminds and your University Challenges but fast forward a year and I was listening to episodes of the American radio quiz show Dr. IQ from 1939. I suppose this is the trajectory of any addiction. I think you know you've hit rock bottom when you're sitting around watching episodes of 'Are You Smarter Than a 10 Year Old?' from 2008 just to see how well you score in it. One of my darker moments.

Eventually (March 2020), I found Jeopardy on Netflix and have watched 215 episodes of that at the time of this writing. Recently I've been watching mid to late '70s episodes of it on YouTube, but I paused an episode nine clues in a week or so ago and now I'm on this unscheduled break. I don't especially regret spending so much time on these shows (along with thousands of sporcle quizzes I've played and a 'bumper' quiz book I've been working my way through); nowadays I have the ability to pluck correct answers out of the air on topics that I didn't think I knew anything about, and it's worth it for those moments. As sad as it likely sounds to people with no interest in quizzing, there are few things more satisfying on a day to day basis than the fist pump after you guess 'Joe Montana' or 'the Endocrine System' and it's correct. I knew you wouldn't understand, and you can take that smirk/look of pity off your face!

My tentative plan is to get back into Jeopardy when Mayim Bialik starts hosting it for two weeks beginning on May 29th, but I may have come to the end of the road with it-- with all quizzes. Everything has its shelf life and I don't feel a pressing urge to watch them any more, and all this free time (which I forgot even existed) only sweetens the deal. I've started by deleting 17 episodes of 'Tenable' from my "DVR" as you yanks call it, and we'll see what happens from here. I feel like... slowly... I'm on the road to recovery :praying:

The above post was written last night, but tonight I'm sitting here with that 1975 episode of Jeopardy paused on the television, thinking about completing it.

20210522_051928.jpg

If I watch it, I doubt I'll score particularly well since my heart isn't in it. I'm not sure if I'm about to relapse, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers :grimacing:

I am REALLY enjoying my break from Jeopardy, and quiz shows in general. Suddenly I have all this free time that I didn't realise I was missing. I will admit, over the past two and a half years, I overdid it with the quiz shows. I'm not sure exactly, but I think I watched somewhere in the region of 950 of them during that time, and kept my score for each one.

I used to watch a quiz here and there, an episode of Mastermind, a few consecutive days of Eggheads, but then I'd get bored and wouldn't watch any for months. Then around February 2019, I wondered "if I watch a full week of Eggheads, what would my score look like, which subjects would I score highest and lowest in?"
One week turned into two, then I decided I might as well do it for an entire month (I ended up watching 118 episodes in all before it was taken off the air). After that first month, I started looking to other quizzes, wondering how highly I could score in them. It began with your Masterminds and your University Challenges but fast forward a year and I was listening to episodes of the American radio quiz show Dr. IQ from 1939. I suppose this is the trajectory of any addiction. I think you know you've hit rock bottom when you're sitting around watching episodes of 'Are You Smarter Than a 10 Year Old?' from 2008 just to see how well you score in it. One of my darker moments.

Eventually (March 2020), I found Jeopardy on Netflix and have watched 215 episodes of that at the time of this writing. Recently I've been watching mid to late '70s episodes of it on YouTube, but I paused an episode nine clues in a week or so ago and now I'm on this unscheduled break. I don't especially regret spending so much time on these shows (along with thousands of sporcle quizzes I've played and a 'bumper' quiz book I've been working my way through); nowadays I have the ability to pluck correct answers out of the air on topics that I didn't think I knew anything about, and it's worth it for those moments. As sad as it likely sounds to people with no interest in quizzing, there are few things more satisfying on a day to day basis than the fist pump after you guess 'Joe Montana' or 'the Endocrine System' and it's correct. I knew you wouldn't understand, and you can take that smirk/look of pity off your face!

My tentative plan is to get back into Jeopardy when Mayim Bialik starts hosting it for two weeks beginning on May 29th, but I may have come to the end of the road with it-- with all quizzes. Everything has its shelf life and I don't feel a pressing urge to watch them any more, and all this free time (which I forgot even existed) only sweetens the deal. I've started by deleting 17 episodes of 'Tenable' from my "DVR" as you yanks call it, and we'll see what happens from here. I feel like... slowly... I'm on the road to recovery :praying:

The above post was written last night, but tonight I'm sitting here with that 1975 episode of Jeopardy paused on the television, thinking about completing it.

View attachment 72421

If I watch it, I doubt I'll score particularly well since my heart isn't in it. I'm not sure if I'm about to relapse, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers :grimacing:
I have never watched jeopardy. I'd absolutely fail at the game. But I've been enjoying painting Luis 18, a male nude. I'm told the word is pornographic, but that's a harsh one, for something so easy to look at. I can name colors increasingly well.

View attachment 72421

It's quite sad to read that. I'm almost starting to feel sorry for you and your predicament.

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s truly no string of insults I could compose that would match the humiliating self-flagellation of his post.
When I read it a huge wave of sadness passed over me. I had been wondering why he has often sneered at things we've written about our lives, e.g our meeting famous people. Now it's still clear: he sneers at our lives because he has never had one himself and clearly doesn't have much of one now. He has managed to join that select group of people on here whose life is plainly so dismal that taking the piss out of them is simply no fun. There really is nothing noble about kicking a person when he's down and this is a prime example of that.

i love jeop. im the jeop champ. a guy at work told me that people dont actually call it jeop so i said "what you talking about? jeop champs call it jeop"

If you and I had a pub quiz team we would absolutely destroy tweedledum and tweedletwat; we would see who's 'middlebrow' when they're flubbing answers and showing themselves up as the blockheaded dweebs that we already know they are. It's 7am in England, and before Radis has even had a cereal or a cup of coffee he's back on here looking for drama, the miserable cretin. The best he can come up with is "I nearly feel sorry for you and your predicament. Not really." --- then ten minutes later he comes back and edits out the "not really" :confused:. So he maybe is and maybe is not 'sorry' about a 'predicament' (which isn't really a predicament -- how is watching quiz shows a predicament? -- and for which nobody should feel sorry because what is there to feel sorry about?). But very insightful from him as ever. As I said about him weeks ago, even when there's nothing to insult he tries to invent things to insult. Then there's Verso with his "there's no string of insults I could compose..." --- a string of insults for what? Because he's following us from thread to thread and doesn't like that we're writing down some of our thoughts without his approval? There's something congenitally wrong with these guys. What do they actually want? Do they even know anymore? We truly have the patience of saints for putting up with them. And yes, we would trounce them in jeop, pub quizzes, trivial pursuit, chess, hopscotch, kayaking, writing haikus, pissing contests, anything at all that it's possible to compete in.

When I read it a huge wave of sadness passed over me. I had been wondering why he has often sneered at things we've written about our lives, e.g our meeting famous people. Now it's still clear: he sneers at our lives because he has never had one himself and clearly doesn't have much of one now. He has managed to join that select group of people on here whose life is plainly so dismal that taking the piss out of them is simply no fun. There really is nothing noble about kicking a person when he's down and this is a prime example of that.

Yes buddy, the fact that you once stood near David Sylvian is the envy of the entire forum, Mr. "my life might not be going great but at least I'm not Noel Clarke".

Last edited:
If you and I had a pub quiz team we would absolutely destroy tweedledum and tweedletwat; we would see who's 'middlebrow' when they're flubbing answers and showing themselves up as the blockheaded dweebs that we already know they are. It's 7am in England, and before Radis has even had a cereal or a cup of coffee he's back on here looking for drama, the miserable cretin. The best he can come up with is "I nearly feel sorry for you and your predicament. Not really." --- then ten minutes later he comes back and edits out the "not really" :confused:. So he maybe is and maybe is not 'sorry' about a 'predicament' that isn't really a predicament for which nobody should feel sorry because there's nothing to feel sorry about. Very insightful. As I said about him weeks ago, even when there's nothing to insult he tries to invent things to insult. Then there's Verso with his "there's no string of insults I could compose..." --- a string of insults for what? Because he's following us from thread to thread and doesn't like that we're writing down some of our thoughts without his approval? There's something congenitally wrong with these guys. What do they actually want? Do they even know anymore? We truly have the patience of saints for putting up with them. And yes, we would trounce them in jeop, pub quizzes, trivial pursuit, chess, hopscotch, kayaking, writing haikus, pissing contests, anything at all that it's possible to compete in.
we sure would!!

and why are they so alike? is it just the case that people with no personality are always alike?

anyway, gotta go to bed! have a good day since yours is just beginning, i guess!

we sure would!!

and why are they so alike? is it just the case that people with no personality are always alike?

anyway, gotta go to bed! have a good day since yours is just beginning, i guess!

I think it's just a case of Radis aping Verso's 'personality'. Radis is just a total sad sack without an ounce of wit or personality who has been coasting through life on the fact that he went to university over 20 years ago and thinks that it lends him some kind of credibility. It's why I refer to him as the ex-student. I don't think there's any real badness in Radis, he's just dopey, and his thinking is very black and white. With him, there's only one narrative and he struggles to consider anything outside of that. He's also a perpetual follower. With you and me, or with you and bun bun, I don't think it's obvious who has the more dominant personality; none of us are clear followers. But in the case of Verso and Radis, Verso is the obvious leader. Show 100 people their posts and they would pick Verso as the leader each time, with Radis as the somewhat out of his depth underling.

As for Verso and his 'personality' (that Radis apes when instigating drama with us), I won't play the armchair psychiatrist by attempting to give a specific diagnosis, but I think it's clear that the guy has personality disorders. We could type a bunch of Verso's traits into some psychiatry website and probably come up with a fairly accurate diagnosis. The lying, the grandiose sense of self/superiority complex, the status seeking, the need to cut others down to raise himself up, etc. An unpleasant individual all-round, he might be able to function fairly well in society though because he can conceal his true self and put on an act, but I would be surprised if the nasty side doesn't come out on occasion behind closed doors which is unfortunate for the people around him. Even if it's just a snide comment here and there to undermine people and exert some kind of control over them. He lets the mask slip from time to time, admitting to his lack of empathy and so on. It's not like it's something he can help, being this way day in day out is beyond his control which must be an awful way to have to live your life. I don't care about whatever inner turmoil he may or may not have, I don't know what goes on in the head of someone like that when he's alone at night with his thoughts, although I do feel sorry for the people in his life who have to be around him on a regular basis.

Sleep well rifke!!! :hearteyecat:

Last edited:
"With you and me, or with you and bun bun, I don't think it's obvious who has the more dominant personality; none of us are clear followers."

It's pretty obvious.

"With you and me, or with you and bun bun, I don't think it's obvious who has the more dominant personality; none of us are clear followers."

It's pretty obvious.
😶

as predicted, FC is making a move to be
head honcho of the '3 amigos':blushing:

WTF? you met skinny? :rolleyes:
here is your prize>🪑, a non sitting FC plastic chair🏺
this is poor writing an adjective porridge FFS📺

I think it's just a case of Radis aping Verso's 'personality'. Radis is just a total sad sack without an ounce of wit or personality who has been coasting through life on the fact that he went to university over 20 years ago and thinks that it lends him some kind of credibility. It's why I refer to him as the ex-student. I don't think there's any real badness in Radis, he's just dopey, and his thinking is very black and white. With him, there's only one narrative and he struggles to consider anything outside of that. He's also a perpetual follower. With you and me, or with you and bun bun, I don't think it's obvious who has the more dominant personality; none of us are clear followers. But in the case of Verso and Radis, Verso is the obvious leader. Show 100 people their posts and they would pick Verso as the leader each time, with Radis as the somewhat out of his depth underling.

As for Verso and his 'personality' (that Radis apes when instigating drama with us), I won't play the armchair psychiatrist by attempting to give a specific diagnosis, but I think it's clear that the guy has personality disorders. We could type a bunch of Verso's traits into some psychiatry website and probably come up with a fairly accurate diagnosis. The lying, the grandiose sense of self/superiority complex, the status seeking, the need to cut others down to raise himself up, etc. An unpleasant individual all-round, he might be able to function fairly well in society though because he can conceal his true self and put on an act, but I would be surprised if the nasty side doesn't come out on occasion behind closed doors which is unfortunate for the people around him. Even if it's just a snide comment here and there to undermine people and exert some kind of control over them. He lets the mask slip from time to time, admitting to his lack of empathy and so on. It's not like it's something he can help, being this way day in day out is beyond his control which must be an awful way to have to live your life. I don't care about whatever inner turmoil he may or may not have, I don't know what goes on in the head of someone like that when he's alone at night with his thoughts, although I do feel sorry for the people in his life who have to be around him on a regular basis.

Sleep well rifke!!! :hearteyecat:
I would've thought it was the other way around! I honestly don't know how you got that much out of Verso, there doesn't seem to be much personality to delve into or to get your cues from (of course i don't often read his posts!). As such, I'm a bit bored of him now. :/

Back
Top Bottom