Kelly Clarkson covers "How Soon Is Now?" for Kellyoke

It's not bad, if that's the type of singer you're into. At least she gives some oomph and doesn't do one of those order of the day whispery lame vocals.

Listening to Morrissey's "acoustic album" and waiting for my cosmic singer to hallucinate with his audience in the coming days. God as I would like to be there!!!!!!!?:(:eek:o_O:flowers:

That cover is criminally vulgar

Some people in the audience may discover The Smiths through performances like this.
Then they will not return to this type of music. They will tour the world and never miss a Morrissey concert. Or just expand their artistic Horizons a notch. Either way, win win. It's elevated mediocrity.

It was horrendous, it is an abomination of a cover, the sounds of 2 cats f***ing would be preferable then listening to that cover. She tried making How soon is now in to a happy esque type of song and it is not something that is possible.

It was horrendous, it is an abomination of a cover, the sounds of 2 cats f***ing would be preferable then listening to that cover. She tried making How soon is now in to a happy esque type of song and it is not something that is possible.
:lbf: truth
A lot of people really don't 'get' the Smiths, I wish they'd leave them alone

I felt like I should give it a chance but it's horrible. I think Morrissey is probably one of the hardest singers to cover because he is such a big part of the finished product and is still pretty much unique. Covers are interesting when they make it their own but he's on the list, for me, of people whose songs rarely ever escape the impact of the original. Even David Bowie doing a Morrissey song was disappointing whereas Morrissey's version of "Drive In Saturday" is better than the original, in my opinion. It's not that Morrissey is better or more talented because he's probably neither, but there is something he puts into his work that kind of stamps it as his own.

I can’t. I can’t click play. I refuse.
well you have missed out on a rendition of how soon is now condensed into 2 minutes,im glad i clicked play because i enjoyed it,viva kelly.

American Idol has ruined music, this is the show that gave us Daughtry and a bunch of other corporate whores, and no one should forgive Queen for that Adam Lambert thing. :rolleyes::poop:

There’s nothing much wrong with that, if anything it’s too respectful: I can hear a full country and western version aching to come out. Who’d have thought it?

Back
Top Bottom