kcxx radio interview 1998

VLC or similar player will handle .ram files.
Not too difficult to piece together an mp3 of all the parts.
All credit to Melinda.
FWD.

wow. ok, I don’t know if I heard these before. Thank you!

I’ll report back. :)

I think my favourite part is when he tries to explain how to make a pot of tea in the KROQ interview with Jed. 🙂

I'm trying to sort out Spiegalgate, Pingate, OwnRacegate & Guardian t-shirtgate into bite-sized posts & my brain hurts. :ahhh:

On a side note - why is there a small child on stage with a microphone?

945e0fabcfaa67aac7edc8df9bca3072.jpg

I'm trying to sort out Spiegalgate, Pingate, OwnRacegate & Guardian t-shirtgate into bite-sized posts & my brain hurts. :ahhh:

View attachment 59846

Some unidentified school boy singing backing vocals on Panic, complete with hearing aid and bush in his pocket. I suppose the idea was to emphasise the school choir-like character of the "Hang the DJ" part?

Last edited:

Also, isn't that all just part of Mozgate? 😉

Moz says it's time to rest...

20201008_170301.jpg

View attachment 59846
Long story short:
Carl Lightfoot - had some small parts on Grange Hill and Byker Grove.
He attended a Newcastle theatrical school and was selected for The Tube probably due to proximity to the studio.
Started in Newcastle and moved to Edinburgh later in life.
Declined an invitation to a Smiths convention.
Story verified personally by a friend many years later.
Regards,
FWD.

Long story short:
Carl Lightfoot - had some small parts on Grange Hill and Byker Grove. He attended a Newcastle theatrical school and was selected for The Tube probably due to proximity to the studio.
Started in Newcastle and moved to Edinburgh later in life.
Declined an invitation to a Smiths convention. Story verified personally by a friend many years later.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks FWD!

Some unidentified school boy singing backing vocals on Panic, complete with hearing aid and bush in his pocket. I suppose the idea was to emphasise the school choir-like character of the "Hang the DJ" part?

I heard Johnny was trying out new singers to replace Mozzy! :fearscream::lbf:

It's weird to hear him in the transitional phase between how used to talk in the Smiths days and how he talks now with the weird gruff voice.

It's weird to hear him in the transitional phase between how used to talk in the Smiths days and how he talks now with the weird gruff voice.

I've been listening to some 2008/09 interviews again lately and I really, really like his "gruff" voice.

Makes me wish he'd read the audio book of Autobiography himself.

Back
Top Bottom