13.still ill
14.people are the same everywhere
15.let me kiss you
16.“TO GIVE”(new song?)
17.please, please, please let me get what i want
18.first of the gang to die
(encore)
one day goodbye will be farewell

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Speedway / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Still Ill / People Are The Same Everywhere / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / First Of The Gang To Die // One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by Iona Mink and also an anonymous person (scan posted by Iona Mink).

• This is the first time Morrissey has included "To Give" in the set. From Uncleskinny, "To Give" is a cover of a Frankie Valli song (YouTube video). More info on "To Give (The Reason I Live) at SecondHandSongs. Covered also by Shirley Bassey (YouTube video). Martin also posted in the comments: "...Shirley Bassey's version of 'To give' (live for Italian television) was used as a pre show-video on the 'Refusal' tour. Stunningly beautiful."
  • "How Soon Is Now?" video posted by the promoter CreativeMan. Link from an anonymous person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the Club Citta show. Morrissey was great. The band was equally entertaining to watch. Straightforward performance. The crowd was not what a sold out crowd should be though. Was expecting a bit more energy but they mostly fell flat especially when he played newer songs. Crowds here are usually more passive and just want to sit back and listen. (Just my observation & opinion) Then again maybe Morrissey shows have become a bit more tame with the years.My last chance to see him live was in 2000 at Roselands in NY and the crowd was really into it.
After hearing Meat is Murder and watching the graphic backdrop video I was convinced people would take Morrissey's views to heart. Instead, some fans headed directly across the street to a restaurant with slabs of meat decorating the walls. Such is life in Japan!
Aside from the crowd, it was a wonderful show and happy to have went. Looking forward to the Zepp Tokyo shows!

Re: Article: Sendai - Zepp Sendai (Apr. 19, 2012) post-show

thanks

Franki was also in Saturday Night Fever

'more than a woman' was his song in there, and maybe more, but can't remember

though other songs are not suprisingly, it's a good setlist, for a night in a Japanese citu

hope King Leer san enjoyed it

[waiting for MTV/BBC/ITV to show the doc. Morrissey in the studio with Visconti]

Dutch parlement just has fallen, new elections around septemeber

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is the wrong thread [DT - post moved to Kawasaki post-show] but until DT creates a new link for tonight's show here is the setlist from club Citta.

Aq_9kluCIAAPO7M.jpg:large

I'm sure it's obvious but what is 'To Give'?

EDIT - According to reports, he did a Frankie Valli cover.

Not only VivaLove, but you also failed to give a credit to a person who originally tweeted /uploaded the setlist.
Very sad indeed.

Well, as I anticipated, it was an excellent gig!

When Lipsinka finished, everyone went wild.
Morrissey was in a brown shirt with embroidary (possibly same design of a lilac one he wore in Sendai) and the band were in MacCruelty T-shirt.

He was chatty, but some North American guy(s) kept shouting songs which hadn`t been played in live made me cringe.

Morrissey asked "Have you seen cherry blossoms? Do you know a very beautiful poem Cherry Blossoms and Snow by...?"
Some people shouted Keats and Yates.
Julia replied "no, I`m afraid I don`t know" then Morrissey was jokingly said "you shall be punished".

A woman managed to got on stage during the silence of Speedway, Morrissey said "she made it, She made it".

A North American guy shouted "we have Black President", but I cannot remember the actual comments of Morrissey.

Before Action Is My Middle Name, he said "I have droopy exteria".

When he introduced the band, he described them as Sexy Zone which is a name of a Japanese Boy band.

Boz was introduced as Gaynor Tension.

Also he joked "I will marry you if you are free tomorrow".

When the intro of Still Ill started the audience gone mad which was the highlight of the show.

A big surprise was the Frankie Valli cover. I initially thought next song was Black Cloud because Boz or Jesse strummed the intro, but it wan`t played tonight. Morrissey really sung To Give beautifully.

It was very nice to see Jesse was smiling at Matt or Solomon during People Are The Same Everywhere.

At the end of Meat Is Murder he went to change and came back in a black shirt then he threw it to the audience when he was singing Let Me Kiss You.

Brifly Morrissey was in a turquoise shirt.

Before Please, Please, Please Morrissey asked "do you live in a beautiful house in Roppongi? Do you have a beautiful apartment in Shibuya? Yes or no?"

At the encore he wore a black shirt with white lace trims and said "every night I say my sweetheart Sayonara".

It`s a brilliantly excecuted show, I heard many people were saying that it was too short.

Can`t wait to see him on Monday!

Not only VivaLove, but you also failed to give a credit to a person who originally tweeted /uploaded the setlist.
Very sad indeed.

Well, as I anticipated, it was an excellent gig!

When Lipsinka finished, everyone went wild.
Morrissey was in a brown shirt with embroidary (possibly same design of a lilac one he wore in Sendai) and the band were in MacCruelty T-shirt.

He was chatty, but some North American guy(s) kept shouting songs which hadn`t been played in live made me cringe.

Morrissey asked "Have you seen cherry blossoms? Do you know a very beautiful poem Cherry Blossoms and Snow by...?"
Some people shouted Keats and Yates.
Julia replied "no, I`m afraid I don`t know" then Morrissey was jokingly said "you shall be punished".

A woman managed to got on stage during the silence of Speedway, Morrissey said "she made it, She made it".

A North American guy shouted "we have Black President", but I cannot remember the actual comments of Morrissey.

Before Action Is My Middle Name, he said "I have droopy exteria".

When he introduced the band, he described them as Sexy Zone which is a name of a Japanese Boy band.

Boz was introduced as Gaynor Tension.

Also he joked "I will marry you if you are free tomorrow".

When the intro of Still Ill started the audience gone mad which was the highlight of the show.

A big surprise was the Frankie Valli cover. I initially thought next song was Black Cloud because Boz or Jesse strummed the intro, but it wan`t played tonight. Morrissey really sung To Give beautifully.

It was very nice to see Jesse was smiling at Matt or Solomon during People Are The Same Everywhere.

At the end of Meat Is Murder he went to change and came back in a black shirt then he threw it to the audience when he was singing Let Me Kiss You.

Brifly Morrissey was in a turquoise shirt.

Before Please, Please, Please Morrissey asked "do you live in a beautiful house in Roppongi? Do you have a beautiful apartment in Shibuya? Yes or no?"

At the encore he wore a black shirt with white lace trims and said "every night I say my sweetheart Sayonara".

It`s a brilliantly excecuted show, I heard many people were saying that it was too short.

Can`t wait to see him on Monday!

Thank you so much for the thorough review, Kewpie.

Moz did a Frankie VallI cover...?? Cool Morrissey.... Jersey loves ya...

I know this is the wrong thread [DT - post moved to Kawasaki post-show] but until DT creates a new link for tonight's show here is the setlist from club Citta.

Aq_9kluCIAAPO7M.jpg:large

I'm sure it's obvious but what is 'To Give'?

EDIT - According to reports, he did a Frankie Valli cover.

So I take it he's not board?

this was a magic-like pop gig, it was so very dynamic and strong from morrissey and this great band. my favorite song of this day was this song 'one day goodbye wilkl be farewell.' it sounds so true and an echo of his inner-most thinkings and feeling. The bandmates were in mcdonalds clothes and morrissey said 'thank you for being here' before the smiths song 'last night i dreamed someone loves me.' morrissey's voice was pitch-perfect and he looked very handsome here. i nopticed morrissey smiling at his guiutarist boz boorer when he introduced the band. he called boz boorer 'this most talked about tweeter.' I wondered if this was a reference to the blog or did I misunderstand?

morrissey changed some of his words my friends told me. he looked very energetic and content this night. i found the prices very good and this was a great pop gig. i hope to see him soon again.

thank you for a breath-taking day and i love you.

sinkingsun

review from http://www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

also on a related theme boy george has atcually tweeted that he has given an interview published on monday in which he claims morrisseysworld is his top tweeter. Should be interesting to see the interview. anyway apologies, not advertising the site, just really posting the review.

Very sad indeed.

Ah Kewpie, what is a post from you without your condescending and judgemental tone. Setlists do not have copyright and I do not have to credit anyone.

So how's this? Go f*** yourself.

According to secondhandsongs, "To Give (The Reason I Live)" was written by Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio and first released by Frankie Valli on audio single Watch Where You Walk (December 1967).

Shirley Bassey also did a version:

Last edited:

Thanks David.

I have a vague recollection that this was once used as a pre-show video. Or am I making that up?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom