Kansas City: anything good there? Midwest cities..bleh

Re: Shut up pencil di.ck

> I don't kiss ass..if you notice I am nice to only a SELECT few
> and Cili Barnes/wonderbra girl deserves it. WHy? It's those
> lusty pics of audrey hepburn and her wonerama banter.

Why are you explaining yourself to me? Stop kissing my butt greasy!

Re: Hi-yah! (Sorry, silly karate reference)

Hello Cili!

Audrey seems my beloved Saint Teresa of Avila in this marvelous photo!

> Well hello there!

> It's nice to hear from you too. Strange, the camaraderie that's
> formed between strangers on this message board. I'd have to
> smile at its strangeness if I weren't a part of it!

I like this camaraderie... but why do you consider it strange?

> Yes, when I left here before it was silly how bad it got. David
> sure has done incredible things with his little chunk of the
> net. He deserves all the credit doesn't he?

He is a genius for sure...

I remember a time when some idiots used other people's names and then David changed some configurations... yes, he did the credit. I prefer this board nowadays.

> I'd love it, but I can't give you an e-mail address at the
> moment. Are they up on that web page of yours? I lost the
> address, but if you put it up, I'd be there in a... click! Your
> little one is so cute!

thank you...

I finally put some new photos of hers there, because of you. In one of them you`ll see me (the image of myself is really terrible... :)) )

Just clikck in the link below.

The art of the page is horrible, but I can`t be modest here... my daughter is really beautiful (contrarily to me :) )

> Yes, but not many. i don't like the chances Fabricio. She should
> be sheltered, sheltered, sheltered! Have you ever considered a
> convent for her? :)

hehehe... her name was really inspired by my Saint of Devotion...

> You spicy Brazilian man, you.

this is good or bad? :)

> Kisses.

> -Cili

kisses and a great hug,
Fabricio

P.S.: i am really happy in talking to you again!

http://sites.uol.com.br/fbrc/personalidades/

A twenty-first century conversation

> Hello Cili!

Well hello again Mr. Fabricio.

> Audrey seems my beloved Saint Teresa of Avila in this marvelous
> photo!

I thought you'd like it. There's another one down below.

> I like this camaraderie... but why do you consider it strange?

I guess it's because I still remember a time when people had to actually have some degree of personal communication (physical meetings, phone conversations, or letters) before we could finally consider one another as friendly. I still haven't gotten used to the idea of people "meeting" each other through cold text on glowing screens. I don't want you to think that I'm a dinosaur or anything Fabricio, it's just that... well, I guess it all still just seems so unnatural sometimes. Not that I'm complaining though. Believe me, it's very warming and nice to be speaking to you again. It was even strangely nice to feel the familiarity of speaking with Greasetea again as well. Wierd eh? Maybe you don't think so? Maybe I'm just tired tonight and my mind is wandering.

I'm sitting here in front of my computer, having a twenty-first century "conversation" with an old friend, and I don't know why it still feels so odd to me. I guess it's because it seems so counter-intuitive to feel any degree of warmth towards an abstraction. After all, we've never actually met, hugged, or laughed together, yet we can speak to each other as friends would. I don't know. Maybe I'm babbling. I'm too tired to think too much right now. I apologize if my tongue seems a bit loose.

> He is a genius for sure...

I would certainly say that he's done an amazing job here. Anyone who comes here is lucky. I have no idea how much time he must be putting into the maintenance, organization, and perpetuation of this site. I try not to take it for granted, since I've spoken to David a few times (via letters) and he is very real to me, but I find that sometimes I do. I do that so often, with so many things. I try not to though. Why am I feeling melancholy tonight? It must be the wine, and the cool air.

> I remember a time when some idiots used other people's names and
> then David changed some configurations... yes, he did the
> credit. I prefer this board nowadays.

Yes, it's much better. I see someone starting that old business again (with Unloveable), but for the most part it's quieted down immensely.

> thank you...

Teresa is so darling.

> I finally put some new photos of hers there, because of you. In
> one of them you`ll see me (the image of myself is really
> terrible... :)) )

No, your image isn't terrible Fabricio. I like your haircut. But I must say that teresa certainly steals the spotlight away from you. It's so amazing to see... I look into her large round eyes and they seem to hold in them all the hope of the world. It's amazing when you're that young, because you can smile without knowing what you're smiling about. You're just... smiling. I hate how it becomes harder to do that as you get older. I like that bottom picture because she's either dancing or flying, and what makes it so special is how it doesn't matter which she's doing, since it all means the same thing at that age. Oh, don't think too badly of me right now. I don't mean to sound so old. You know I'm not. I just feel sad sometimes, and the world suddenly feels much colder and more indifferent, so @#!!!ing complicated. i'm not searching for an answer or anything. I'm just talking out loud I guess. By the way, if I'm still coming here, please let me know when you change those pictures.

> The art of the page is horrible, but I can`t be modest here...
> my daughter is really beautiful (contrarily to me :) )

Oh, stop putting your image down Fabricio. It's liable to turn on you when you least expect it to.

> hehehe... her name was really inspired by my Saint of
> Devotion...

I was kidding about the convent thing of course. I just wish there was a way to preserve such innocence. Sometimes I feel very akward when I search for my own. Sometimes I feel that I'm all grown up, then other times I feel that I'm still a little girl and the world is still too big. I think looking at Teresa made me wish I could go back to when I had that same look in my eyes. In some photographs she kind of resembles me (when I was her age; especially in that one you had up before of Teresa when she was younger), and I think that's what strikes me more than anything else.

> this is good or bad? :)

Spice? Oh, spice is always nice. I know that seemed as if I was attempting to rhyme, but I wasn't.

> kisses and a great hug,
> Fabricio

Of course I enjoy hugs and kisses. Feel free to throw imaginary ones my way any time.

> P.S.: i am really happy in talking to you again!

Yes, it does feel very comfortable and familiar doesn't it? I'm happy about it too. Sorry if I seemed a little bit sad. It's been an unusual past few hours for me.

Kisses,
Cili

life5.jpg

Re: A twenty-first century conversation

Hello Cili!

>
> Well hello again Mr. Fabricio.

Mr. Fabricio? This is fine... :)

>
> > Audrey seems my beloved Saint Teresa of Avila in this marvelous
> > photo!
>
> I thought you'd like it. There's another one down below.

well... marvelous photo indeed...

you see, I am catholic and some days ago I was wondering myself (before you have written
me) if Audrey Hepburn was some kind of Saint or whatever. This is because I saw a
documentary about her life and in all her life seemed to be such a wonderful person,
with almost no defects at all. And in the end of her life she made such a wonderful job
at Unesco, caressing poor people all around the world, with such an angelic air...

She was special without a doubt.

And seeing how much she seems my Saint of Devotion makes me wonder if she was not some
kind of Saint too.
>
> > I like this camaraderie... but why do you consider it strange?
>
> I guess it's because I still remember a time when people had to actually have
> some degree of personal communication (physical meetings, phone conversations,
> or letters) before we could finally consider one another as friendly. I still
> haven't gotten used to the idea of people "meeting" each other through cold
> text on glowing screens. I don't want you to think that I'm a dinosaur or
> anything Fabricio, it's just that... well, I guess it all still just seems so
> unnatural sometimes. Not that I'm complaining though. Believe me, it's very
> warming and nice to be speaking to you again. It was even strangely nice to
> feel the familiarity of speaking with Greasetea again as well. Wierd eh? Maybe
> you don't think so? Maybe I'm just tired tonight and my mind is wandering.

you see Cili, I had terrible experiences with other people in my life, and someway in
the internet I can protect myself against aggressive people, what I can`t do if I know
them personally.

And I was shy, I was affraid of others. Nowadays I'm not as much shy and affraid as I
was before, but knowing personally people makes me trembel sometimes. I look most
people's eyes, and I see they don't care about others, they don`t want to be real
friends of no one.

And I'm easily bored by others conversations too...:) Personally you have to know
opinions and discussions that simply don`t interest you.

And by internet we have a great number of options, you see? It's easier to find some
cool person than in Curitiba.

I may seem coward or something - perhaps because I am.

>
> I'm sitting here in front of my computer, having a twenty-first century
> "conversation" with an old friend, and I don't know why it still feels so odd
> to me. I guess it's because it seems so counter-intuitive to feel any degree
> of warmth towards an abstraction. After all, we've never actually met, hugged,
> or laughed together, yet we can speak to each other as friends would. I don't
> know. Maybe I'm babbling. I'm too tired to think too much right now. I
> apologize if my tongue seems a bit loose.

You don`t have to apologize.

I don`t know. I normally feel too well having friends by net. I don`t know why, but
these kind of relations we have by computer are so warmth as a personal one would be.

It seems this is just another way of making friends. In the end you always know
perfectly the person whom you are talking to. I knew horrible people by net. And it was
if I knew them personally. And excellent people too, of course!
>
> > He is a genius for sure...
>
> I would certainly say that he's done an amazing job here. Anyone who comes
> here is lucky. I have no idea how much time he must be putting into the
> maintenance, organization, and perpetuation of this site. I try not to take it
> for granted, since I've spoken to David a few times (via letters) and he is
> very real to me, but I find that sometimes I do. I do that so often, with so
> many things. I try not to though. Why am I feeling melancholy tonight? It must
> be the wine, and the cool air.

Well, I perfectly agree with you about David, and I understand what you are saying.

At least here melancholy has not to do with.

I began to answer your question yesterday, but now I am melancholic too...

>
> > I remember a time when some idiots used other people's names and
> > then David changed some configurations... yes, he did the
> > credit. I prefer this board nowadays.
>
> Yes, it's much better. I see someone starting that old business again (with
> Unloveable), but for the most part it's quieted down immensely.

yeah - a nice place to stay.

>
> > thank you...
>
> Teresa is so darling.

She thanks you!

>
> > I finally put some new photos of hers there, because of you. In
> > one of them you`ll see me (the image of myself is really
> > terrible... :)) )
>
> No, your image isn't terrible Fabricio. I like your haircut.

heheh... it's a little based on Morrissey, you see... :)

> But I must say
> that teresa certainly steals the spotlight away from you.

yeah! I couldn`t agree more!

> It's so amazing to
> see... I look into her large round eyes and they seem to hold in them all the
> hope of the world. It's amazing when you're that young, because you can smile
> without knowing what you're smiling about. You're just... smiling.

yes..

> I hate how
> it becomes harder to do that as you get older.

you can see it by audrey hepburn's looks, so heavier when she became old.

Anyway, when she was with poor people because of Unesco she had the same fresh air she had when she was younger.

> I like that bottom picture
> because she's either dancing or flying, and what makes it so special is how it
> doesn't matter which she's doing, since it all means the same thing at that
> age. Oh, don't think too badly of me right now. I don't mean to sound so old.
> You know I'm not. I just feel sad sometimes, and the world suddenly feels much
> colder and more indifferent, so @#!!!ing complicated.

yeah, I'm feeling this way now. I'm just so tired... I don`t know if I'll go to bed now or not...

> i'm not searching for an
> answer or anything. I'm just talking out loud I guess. By the way, if I'm
> still coming here, please let me know when you change those pictures.

It will be a pleasure to me.

>
> > The art of the page is horrible, but I can`t be modest here...
> > my daughter is really beautiful (contrarily to me :) )
>
> Oh, stop putting your image down Fabricio. It's liable to turn on you when you
> least expect it to.

Do you think so?

I'll try to change my eyes on this point.

>
> > hehehe... her name was really inspired by my Saint of
> > Devotion...
>
> I was kidding about the convent thing of course. I just wish there was a way
> to preserve such innocence.

but you see cili?

Teresa is such an inocent person, but sometimes she's not. I think she can easily defend herself against the bad things in this world. I always try to make her defend herself alone against these bad things... I have a friend who always act like that to me, and he was soo good to me.

You see, if she wants me I'm always there. But she knows she can do important things alone.

> Sometimes I feel very akward when I search for my
> own. Sometimes I feel that I'm all grown up, then other times I feel that I'm
> still a little girl and the world is still too big. I think looking at Teresa
> made me wish I could go back to when I had that same look in my eyes.

I think that you can have this look again. I think you can maintain your purity even against all.

> In some
> photographs she kind of resembles me (when I was her age; especially in that
> one you had up before of Teresa when she was younger), and I think that's what
> strikes me more than anything else.

You resembles Audrey Hepburn? She has a photo where she really looks like Teresa.

You must be a beautiful woman, Cili.

>
> > this is good or bad? :)
>
> Spice? Oh, spice is always nice. I know that seemed as if I was attempting to
> rhyme, but I wasn't.

hehehe...

well, sometimes I'm affraid I am too much spice these days...

>
> > kisses and a great hug,
> > Fabricio
>
> Of course I enjoy hugs and kisses. Feel free to throw imaginary ones my way
> any time.

More hugs and kisses to you then!!!

>
> > P.S.: i am really happy in talking to you again!
>
> Yes, it does feel very comfortable and familiar doesn't it? I'm happy about it
> too. Sorry if I seemed a little bit sad. It's been an unusual past few hours
> for me.

Don`t worry about it. I'm feeling a little bit strange too.

>
> Kisses,
> Cili

a hug,
Fabricio

> Hello Cili!

Hello again.

> Mr. Fabricio? This is fine... :)

Should I have used "senor" (let's imagine that there's a tilde over the "n")?

> well... marvelous photo indeed...

Marvelous film as well--The Nun's Story, 1959. Say, that was the year Morrissey was born. I never realized that before. Seems strange, because Audrey's image is so timeless; it sets her chronology straight. I always forget what era she belongs to, because her style is so much a part of this one. You know the thin look that we (women, that is) kill ourselves for? Well, that's largely because of Audrey. Her taste in clothes affected this generation's style profoundly as well. Well, enough about Audrey Hepburn. Needless to say, I admire her very much for a variety of reasons, none of which have to do with anything I've just mentioned.

> you see, I am catholic and some days ago I was wondering myself
> (before you have written
> me) if Audrey Hepburn was some kind of Saint or whatever. This
> is because I saw a
> documentary about her life and in all her life seemed to be such
> a wonderful person,
> with almost no defects at all. And in the end of her life she
> made such a wonderful job
> at Unesco, caressing poor people all around the world, with such
> an angelic air...

That was the way she was. Her ambassadorship for unicef was a way for Audrey to somehow return a favour that years earlier saved her life. When she was young, she almost died towards the end of the war, and if it wasn't for the Red Cross (maybe it wasn't the red cross, but it was the precursor to unicef) bringing her devastated town food, she would certainly have died. At times she was so starved, she even went out into the snow and ate frozen roots and flowers raw, picked from the ground. There are actually many stories just as terrible, and a few even more so. Her life, what she overcame, and who she became were truly remarkable. In the end, many felt that because she cared so much, suffering with the children that she was trying to help, her life ended much sooner than it should have.

> She was special without a doubt.

As a woman, since I've learned more about Audrey, I find that she's a good model for young girls who need someone to look up to. I happened to discover her too late for all that, but she certainly is someone I've come to respect.

> And seeing how much she seems my Saint of Devotion makes me
> wonder if she was not some
> kind of Saint too.

I believe she was by virtue of how many lives she touched, and towards the end of her life, actually saved. I don't believe a person absolutely must be canonized to be called a saint. I don't believe in religion, and to me Audrey's done more as an individual in action than the Pope. I believe that we should be judged by our actions, not our hats.

> you see Cili, I had terrible experiences with other people in my
> life, and someway in
> the internet I can protect myself against aggressive people,
> what I can`t do if I know
> them personally.

I like the internet for the comfortable anonymity, ease, and efficiency, but the facelessness sometimes makes me feel--if I may quote Suzanne--like I don't exist. Losing too many of my senses makes it difficult for me to feel that the words on the screen are actually coming from people. I know how silly (or Cili ) that sounds, but it's true... for me, anyway.

> And I was shy, I was affraid of others. Nowadays I'm not as much
> shy and affraid as I
> was before, but knowing personally people makes me trembel
> sometimes. I look most
> people's eyes, and I see they don't care about others, they
> don`t want to be real
> friends of no one.

I think there are terrible people everywhere and I don't see how the internet could possibly be any different, but I suppose we all deal with the difficulties of life in our own unique ways. I'm not a big fan of chatting or all that. I like this message board and I like e-mailing, but that's it. I don't have a problem with it or anything, I just don't think it's for me. I like being with people in person. I find it more comforting, because it's harder to be lied to.

You're shy... it's cute that you are. On a side note, I just want to say at least this once how wonderful it is that English is your second language, because it forces you to be so direct and honest; there's no dancing around things or nonsensical banter (something that I'm guilty of so often) that weighs down sentiment. If I may say so, it's definitely part of your charisma.

> And I'm easily bored by others conversations too...:)
> Personally you have to know
> opinions and discussions that simply don`t interest you.

That's true. But the same can be said of any relationship, even ones connected by modems and phone lines can't it?

> And by internet we have a great number of options, you see? It's
> easier to find some
> cool person than in Curitiba.

I can't argue with that. With the internet you potentially reach everyone at the same time. You can't do that with your body.

> I may seem coward or something - perhaps because I am.

I wouldn't say that. That's like calling someone who is afraid of heights, or even just avoids certain things or uncomfortable situations, a coward. Human beings are just not that simple. Anything contrary to that basic understanding, I'd say, is being lazy about recognizing what sort of creature we are.

> You don`t have to apologize.

I apologize for apologizing.

> I don`t know. I normally feel too well having friends by net. I
> don`t know why, but
> these kind of relations we have by computer are so warmth as a
> personal one would be.

I don't think it's strange as a general rule, it's just strange for me. After all, all relationships have value because of what we glean from them. If you can receive those things from net friends, I don't see how that's any different (no worse, no better) from receiving things from friends in the flesh. It's all about a person's needs, and whether or not those needs are being met.

> It seems this is just another way of making friends. In the end
> you always know
> perfectly the person whom you are talking to. I knew horrible
> people by net. And it was
> if I knew them personally. And excellent people too, of course!

Yeah, good and bad people everywhere. See? There's really no difference between an internet population and a real-world population in that regard. I think it just comes down to which realm you feel more comfortable within.

> Well, I perfectly agree with you about David, and I understand
> what you are saying.

If we all paid him a dollar to have the right to come here, he'd be a millionaire by now. Somehow, I don't have a problem with that. So it costs us a dollar one time, big deal. He slaves over this site (whether some of the people here realize it or not), and it's a bit disquieting how he receives no compensation for it.

> I began to answer your question yesterday, but now I am
> melancholic too...

How are you feeling today?

> She thanks you!

Did you really tell Teresa how she's become a little celebrity to at least one of her father's friends?

> heheh... it's a little based on Morrissey, you see... :)

I saw the closely-shaved sides and extending sideburns and i knew.

> you can see it by audrey hepburn's looks, so heavier when she
> became old.

But I thought she still had radiance, even if it quieted down a bit. You just can't hide goodness and virtue within a person. Those things show themselves and cannot be supressed because it comes out in gestures, through eyes, words, and everything else that I won't go on listing.

> Anyway, when she was with poor people because of Unesco she had
> the same fresh air she had when she was younger.

You took the words right out of my mouth Fabricio.

> yeah, I'm feeling this way now. I'm just so tired... I don`t
> know if I'll go to bed now or not...

I hope you're feeling better today then.

> It will be a pleasure to me.

Would you do me a favour then Fabricio? There's one photo in particular that I like... it's that one of Teresa where she's got her hair in a ponytail, and she's looking right into the camera in a room somewhere. I don't remember much about it, but I remember that her face reminded me of my own picture that I saw of when i was younger. I don't have any of my baby pictures you see, so there's a strong sentimentality that I feel from seeing Teresa, especially in this one that I'm referring to. Do you know which one it is from my poor description? I'd love to see it again.

> Do you think so?

Well, if you keep making fun of your image, it'll turn old and gray on you and it'll have the last laugh!

> Teresa is such an inocent person, but sometimes she's not. I
> think she can easily defend herself against the bad things in
> this world.

She must have some of her father's spice. That would make her a spice-girl then, wouldn't it?

> I always try to make her defend herself alone
> against these bad things...

I suppose if she must grow up, it's best to educate her to the world... after all, we wouldn't want to keep her surrounded by loving arms forever. It would become quite silly once she hit 65.

> I have a friend who always act like
> that to me, and he was soo good to me.

You sound like you miss him.

> You see, if she wants me I'm always there. But she knows she can
> do important things alone.

I agree with that. A girl needs to be strong in this world, and the greatest strength a woman can have is independence.

> I think that you can have this look again. I think you can
> maintain your purity even against all.

We'll see. It's a work in progress.

> You resembles Audrey Hepburn? She has a photo where she really
> looks like Teresa.

I think there are some similarities, but "resemble" is probably too strong a word for me and Audrey. There are isolated features, some angles, hair colour, etc.

> You must be a beautiful woman, Cili.

Well I don't know about all that Fabricio, that's not for me to decide. I'm just little ol' me. Besides, I'm sure I'm not nearly as beautiful as Greasetea is anyway, from the way that one Kansan girl is reacting.

> well, sometimes I'm affraid I am too much spice these days...

Says who?

> More hugs and kisses to you then!!!

I demand even more. Now aren't you sorry you opened this can of worms?

Kisses.

-Cili

unicef_08.jpg

Hello again, Cili!
>
> Hello again.
>
> > Mr. Fabricio? This is fine... :)
>
> Should I have used "senor" (let's imagine that there's a tilde over the "n")?
>

hehe... in fact in portuguese we write "senhor" and in spanish "señor"...:)

>
> > well... marvelous photo indeed...
>
> Marvelous film as well--The Nun's Story, 1959.

I think i didn't see it...

> Say, that was the year
> Morrissey was born. I never realized that before. Seems strange, because
> Audrey's image is so timeless; it sets her chronology straight. I always
> forget what era she belongs to, because her style is so much a part of this
> one. You know the thin look that we (women, that is) kill ourselves for? Well,
> that's largely because of Audrey.

well, I'm fighting against myself to not be so fat as I was some months before... :)

> Her taste in clothes affected this
> generation's style profoundly as well. Well, enough about Audrey Hepburn.
> Needless to say, I admire her very much for a variety of reasons, none of
> which have to do with anything I've just mentioned.

yes, it's enough to look at her eyes to love her.

>
> > you see, I am catholic and some days ago I was wondering myself
> > (before you have written
> > me) if Audrey Hepburn was some kind of Saint or whatever. This
> > is because I saw a
> > documentary about her life and in all her life seemed to be such
> > a wonderful person,
> > with almost no defects at all. And in the end of her life she
> > made such a wonderful job
> > at Unesco, caressing poor people all around the world, with such
> > an angelic air...
>
> That was the way she was. Her ambassadorship for unicef was a way for Audrey
> to somehow return a favour that years earlier saved her life. When she was
> young, she almost died towards the end of the war, and if it wasn't for the
> Red Cross (maybe it wasn't the red cross, but it was the precursor to unicef)
> bringing her devastated town food, she would certainly have died. At times she
> was so starved, she even went out into the snow and ate frozen roots and
> flowers raw, picked from the ground. There are actually many stories just as
> terrible, and a few even more so. Her life, what she overcame, and who she
> became were truly remarkable.

the impressive thing in her is that it's very difficult to believe that somebody so
happy and bright as the young Audrey was in her first movies could have suffered before.
I think I didn't know the extension of her former sufferings and I am really impressed.

> In the end, many felt that because she cared so
> much, suffering with the children that she was trying to help, her life ended
> much sooner than it should have.

needless to say, she had a golden heart.

>
> > She was special without a doubt.
>
> As a woman, since I've learned more about Audrey, I find that she's a good
> model for young girls who need someone to look up to. I happened to discover
> her too late for all that, but she certainly is someone I've come to respect.

me too - and after the things you told me, i respect her still more.

>
> > And seeing how much she seems my Saint of Devotion makes me
> > wonder if she was not some
> > kind of Saint too.
>
> I believe she was by virtue of how many lives she touched, and towards the end
> of her life, actually saved. I don't believe a person absolutely must be
> canonized to be called a saint. I don't believe in religion, and to me
> Audrey's done more as an individual in action than the Pope. I believe that we
> should be judged by our actions, not our hats.

I don`t know, perhaps you are correct.

anyway, this Pope seems a Saint to me too. See what he did in Poland before 1989, and
the great courage he always have. He is a mystical person too, a Saint John of Cross
(close friend of Aint Teresa d'Avila) devotee.

but there's no doubt Audrey was a better person than many Popes were.

>
> > you see Cili, I had terrible experiences with other people in my
> > life, and someway in
> > the internet I can protect myself against aggressive people,
> > what I can`t do if I know
> > them personally.
>
> I like the internet for the comfortable anonymity, ease, and efficiency, but
> the facelessness sometimes makes me feel--if I may quote Suzanne--like I don't
> exist.

Strange thing - you both really exist for me, as I've seen you everyday. And I don`t
think I'll change my way of thinking about this subject...

> Losing too many of my senses makes it difficult for me to feel that the
> words on the screen are actually coming from people. I know how silly (or Cili
> ) that sounds, but it's true... for me, anyway.

Perhaps the silly guy is me deeply believing in someone I just know on the screen.

The explanation of the phenomenon may be completely wrong, but for someone that uses to
pray sometimes is needless to have relations with other people using our five senses...

I don`t know. I just know I feel really attached to my close friends I know just by net.
And again I don`t think I'll change my ways...

hey, I repeated this last phrase! :)

>
> > And I was shy, I was affraid of others. Nowadays I'm not as much
> > shy and affraid as I
> > was before, but knowing personally people makes me trembel
> > sometimes. I look most
> > people's eyes, and I see they don't care about others, they
> > don`t want to be real
> > friends of no one.
>
> I think there are terrible people everywhere and I don't see how the internet
> could possibly be any different, but I suppose we all deal with the
> difficulties of life in our own unique ways. I'm not a big fan of chatting or
> all that. I like this message board and I like e-mailing, but that's it. I
> don't have a problem with it or anything, I just don't think it's for me. I
> like being with people in person. I find it more comforting, because it's
> harder to be lied to.

I think you are a courageous person Cili. I feel sometimes Teresa is just like that.
It's so easy to her to make new friends and things like that - absolutely different of
me, of course.

>
> You're shy... it's cute that you are.

do you really think so? My shyness just make me feel silly sometimes.

> On a side note, I just want to say at
> least this once how wonderful it is that English is your second language,
> because it forces you to be so direct and honest; there's no dancing around
> things or nonsensical banter (something that I'm guilty of so often) that
> weighs down sentiment. If I may say so, it's definitely part of your charisma.

Oh thank you... I liked so much your words.

Anyway, the more I know some people like Morrissey, who uses to dancing around words in
interviews (luckily almost never in his songs!) the more I admire them.

I'm not sure but I think the portuguese language, with their big words, difficult things
to people who have this talent, like Morrissey or Oscar Wilde or you.

>
> > And I'm easily bored by others conversations too...:)
> > Personally you have to know
> > opinions and discussions that simply don`t interest you.
>
> That's true. But the same can be said of any relationship, even ones connected
> by modems and phone lines can't it?

but by modems you simply don't answer them! if people become offended, you don't see
their faces.

I know perhaps this is cowardliness again.

>
> > And by internet we have a great number of options, you see? It's
> > easier to find some
> > cool person than in Curitiba.
>
> I can't argue with that. With the internet you potentially reach everyone at
> the same time. You can't do that with your body.

Yeah - I really knew marvelous people by net.

> > I may seem coward or something - perhaps because I am.
>
> I wouldn't say that. That's like calling someone who is afraid of heights, or
> even just avoids certain things or uncomfortable situations, a coward. Human
> beings are just not that simple. Anything contrary to that basic
> understanding, I'd say, is being lazy about recognizing what sort of creature
> we are.

if you think that way, I have to thank you!

anyway, I try to ammeliorate my relation with my "physical" friends. Tomorrow I'll lunch
with some of them, and I try to not lose contact with those I really like.

But of course internet helps these kind of encounters, you see? :)

>
> > You don`t have to apologize.
>
> I apologize for apologizing.

you don't need to! :)

>
> > I don`t know. I normally feel too well having friends by net. I
> > don`t know why, but
> > these kind of relations we have by computer are so warmth as a
> > personal one would be.
>
> I don't think it's strange as a general rule, it's just strange for me. After
> all, all relationships have value because of what we glean from them. If you
> can receive those things from net friends, I don't see how that's any
> different (no worse, no better) from receiving things from friends in the
> flesh. It's all about a person's needs, and whether or not those needs are
> being met.

yes, this is exactly my opinion...

>
> > It seems this is just another way of making friends. In the end
> > you always know
> > perfectly the person whom you are talking to. I knew horrible
> > people by net. And it was
> > if I knew them personally. And excellent people too, of course!
>
> Yeah, good and bad people everywhere. See? There's really no difference
> between an internet population and a real-world population in that regard. I
> think it just comes down to which realm you feel more comfortable within.

see?... again you wrote the words I wanted to write...

>
> > Well, I perfectly agree with you about David, and I understand
> > what you are saying.
>
> If we all paid him a dollar to have the right to come here, he'd be a
> millionaire by now. Somehow, I don't have a problem with that. So it costs us
> a dollar one time, big deal. He slaves over this site (whether some of the
> people here realize it or not), and it's a bit disquieting how he receives no
> compensation for it.

but when Morrissey went to Brazil I knew David had really important informations from
Morrissey entourage. He seems to be someway attached to the whole thing.

And we are lucky because of that! :)

>
> > I began to answer your question yesterday, but now I am
> > melancholic too...
>
> How are you feeling today?

I feel very good. There's somebody that can change my humour for the best and for the
worse when she/he wants, and this is a really silly side of me.

>
> > She thanks you!
>
> Did you really tell Teresa how she's become a little celebrity to at least one
> of her father's friends?

in fact no... :)

but I'll tell her... and I know she'll like you!
>
> > heheh... it's a little based on Morrissey, you see... :)
>
> I saw the closely-shaved sides and extending sideburns and i knew.

have you paid attention to the t-shirt? I don`t know if it's easy to see but... :)

>
> > you can see it by audrey hepburn's looks, so heavier when she
> > became old.
>
> But I thought she still had radiance, even if it quieted down a bit. You just
> can't hide goodness and virtue within a person. Those things show themselves
> and cannot be supressed because it comes out in gestures, through eyes, words,
> and everything else that I won't go on listing.

really true and beautiful words of you...
>
> > Anyway, when she was with poor people because of Unesco she had
> > the same fresh air she had when she was younger.
>
> You took the words right out of my mouth Fabricio.
>
> > yeah, I'm feeling this way now. I'm just so tired... I don`t
> > know if I'll go to bed now or not...
>
> I hope you're feeling better today then.

yeah - I was affraid I would pass another day without seeing Teresa, but she was waiting
for me late evening!

>
> > It will be a pleasure to me.
>
> Would you do me a favour then Fabricio? There's one photo in particular that I
> like... it's that one of Teresa where she's got her hair in a ponytail, and
> she's looking right into the camera in a room somewhere. I don't remember much
> about it, but I remember that her face reminded me of my own picture that I
> saw of when i was younger. I don't have any of my baby pictures you see, so
> there's a strong sentimentality that I feel from seeing Teresa, especially in
> this one that I'm referring to. Do you know which one it is from my poor
> description? I'd love to see it again.

oh, with a ponytail?... she certainly doesn't have too much photos like that, and I'll
try to find it to you.

>
> > Do you think so?
>
> Well, if you keep making fun of your image, it'll turn old and gray on you and
> it'll have the last laugh!

I'll try to stop this mania of me - it's silly and it's hypocrite from me. I begin to
see it.

There are even people who takes it seriously!

>
> > Teresa is such an inocent person, but sometimes she's not. I
> > think she can easily defend herself against the bad things in
> > this world.
>
> She must have some of her father's spice. That would make her a spice-girl
> then, wouldn't it?

hehehe... it would be fine...

>
> > I always try to make her defend herself alone
> > against these bad things...
>
> I suppose if she must grow up, it's best to educate her to the world... after
> all, we wouldn't want to keep her surrounded by loving arms forever. It would
> become quite silly once she hit 65.

and really there are people like that...

>
> > I have a friend who always act like
> > that to me, and he was soo good to me.
>
> You sound like you miss him.

Not today, fortunately.

For the first time in my life I felt he needed me. I don`t know what to do, but I'll try
do my best to help him.

>
> > You see, if she wants me I'm always there. But she knows she can
> > do important things alone.
>
> I agree with that. A girl needs to be strong in this world, and the greatest
> strength a woman can have is independence.

I am glad you agree with me.

Sometimes I think I am the only one in my family who thinks like that. :)

>
> > I think that you can have this look again. I think you can
> > maintain your purity even against all.
>
> We'll see. It's a work in progress.

>
> > You resembles Audrey Hepburn? She has a photo where she really
> > looks like Teresa.
>
> I think there are some similarities, but "resemble" is probably too strong a
> word for me and Audrey. There are isolated features, some angles, hair colour,
> etc.

oh! you really must be beautiful!

>
> > You must be a beautiful woman, Cili.
>
> Well I don't know about all that Fabricio, that's not for me to decide. I'm
> just little ol' me. Besides, I'm sure I'm not nearly as beautiful as Greasetea
> is anyway, from the way that one Kansan girl is reacting.

Greasetea is sooo intelligent, don`t you think?

Even I (an old fan as you know) am impressed by him these days.

>
> > well, sometimes I'm affraid I am too much spice these days...
>
> Says who?

I say I am spice... :) This is what you have questioned?

>
> > More hugs and kisses to you then!!!
>
> I demand even more. Now aren't you sorry you opened this can of worms?

I'll send you all the hugs and kisses you want, Cili!

How many of them do you want?

I'll send you all!!!

>
> Kisses.
>
> -Cili

kisses and hugs,
Fabricio

Back
Top Bottom