Justin Hawkins YT: “Is His Behaviour Unforgivable?!” (Commentary on the Greek Theatre Show)

I like his considered take on what happened, and I also liked his previous video commenting on the craziness of Morrissey concerts. However, I think he and a lot of others are missing the major thing: it was so cold that it was affecting Moz's voice and it sounded like he was really straining before he walked off. Moz was probably worried about the damage it might do to his voice if he continued, and the effects on the tour if he did so.
An explanation, or an apology
Would be very helpful for travelling
Fans tho .

Cancelations. Happens! . just like when you don't wanna go to work and call in sick last minute , Or any event we don't want to attend. At least you got 30 m. Show. 🥴😃 But he should post an apology though.

Cancelations. Happens! . just like when you don't wanna go to work and call in sick last minute , Or any event we don't want to attend. At least you got 30 m. Show. 🥴😃 But he should post an apology though.
People drove 12 hours to that show.
Spent a small fortune to watch a legend throw a hissy fit.
With no accountability whatsoever.

Yes cancellation do happen .

Normally with an apology or an explanation to go with it as well.

As usual ... 4uck all.

Whatever flimsy excuses people want to offer on his behalf, he still booked an outdoor show in November knowing he allegedly had these issues before. There isn't any way around this being his fault and there being no excuse for it.

The darkness are terrible

I would dildo slap him for his atrocious music

Walked off, canceled, whatever. Yep ‘shit happens’ so why bother complaining?

I know, I watched the same video as you. Sorry it was painful for you to watch, thin skinned?

👇 ..Lol
The main problem in my opinion is not that Moz walked off. Maybe he sacrificed one show to safeguard all the following shows. Fair enough. The reason people are annoyed is the fact he gave no reason and left the band standing in the wind with their instruments in their hands. It was embarrassing to watch. It was bad treatment of the band and that's the bit that annoyed me when I watched the footage.

People walk on egg shells with Moz and it plays to his narcissistic tendencies and I believe the years of sycophancy have been to Moz's detriment.

The main problem in my opinion is not that Moz walked off. Maybe he sacrificed one show to safeguard all the following shows. Fair enough. The reason people are annoyed is the fact he gave no reason and left the band standing in the wind with their instruments in their hands. It was embarrassing to watch. It was bad treatment of the band and that's the bit that annoyed me when I watched the footage.

People walk on egg shells with Moz and it plays to his narcissistic tendencies and I believe the years of sycophancy have been to Moz's detriment.
...is the correct answer.

An explanation costs nothing. An apology costs nothing.

If Alain or Jesse had walked off with no explanation, leaving Morrissey standing there clueless, would he be OK with that?

I ask those on this site who have any relationship with the music world: Is it so hard to tell if there's a contract between Morrissey and Capitol? It occurs to me that it should be easy to find out, if anyone has any contact. It would be nice for someone to find out before making so many assumptions

Is there some rule about a show that if you done X songs or Y minutes, the booking is considered to have been fulfilled and there is no requirement to reschedule or refund?

I’m sorry. All you guys are right.

It’s so obvious what he should of done but didn’t, thanks to all those that repeatedly pointed this out.

He really should be like other artists and do the right thing, do what’s expected, like a Liam, or what a Bono or Coldplay type act would probably do. Morrissey should follow in their footsteps, I think we would respect him much more if he were, shall I dare say… not
maladjusted? ( that’s a little Moz reference joke thing).

I really hope he gets wind of these observations and not only apologizes and refunds the tickets, but maybe gives a free make up show. The fans deserve it after the drama, etc he put them through.

He needs to be brought down a peg or two, be humbled, and made to understand that he’s no one special and that it’s the fans that made him who he is today*. I mean the fans paid for a service, and he needs to service them! this is the true relationship the fans want, so give them what they paid for! very simple, right?#
*Yes. Without the fans, he would have no career.

#Yes again. If you went to a restaurant with the intention of eating a 3 course meal and after being served the starter, the restaurant manager told you the chef had gone home and handed you the bill for the 3 courses, would you hand him your credit card?

And a career is what Morrissey has. The fans know it, and they want to be serviced accordingly. Like any musical act that performs a service. What makes Morrissey think he’s any different from the rest? The nerve!:unsure:

Depends on how amazing the starter is.:yum:

And maybe if you’re overweight with the intention of eating a 3 course, but now you’ve been deprived of it, well maybe it’s for the better, one’s health and all.:laughing:

Anyways, they know full well that this particular chef is legendary for these antics, but the food’s soooo damn good that time after time people are willing to take that risk, that’s not to say that the chef is blameless in her actions, but people still continue to eat there, it’s bonkers! What can you do?:rofl:

If M just apologized, no one, and I mean NO ONE would be complaining. It’s like giving a crying baby a bottle, that’s all they want. What’s wrong with him? He’s only on this planet to provide a service.
WHY WASN’T THE SHOW RESCHEDULED WITH A NEW DATE ANNOUNCED BY NOON THE NEXT DAY? After all, it’s not like the unknown future availability of the venue needs to be checked, confirmed, coordinated, and cross-checked across the future and potentially still unconfirmed other contractual commitments and potentially legally bound other business obligations of multiple crew, musicians, and band members who will all have separate schedules, projects, and collaborations.

Not to mention that most importantly of ALL, I would like to know WHY Morrissey is pissing his life away singing all over of the world, and worst of all CONTINUING with the TOUR (*SHOCK and AWE fireworks go HERE* ) when if he had even the SLIGHTEST shred of even the TINIEST modicum of decency, he would give up his Christmas AND also all the rest of all his future birthdays, to PARK his formerly gladiola-ed rear on a height-adjustable rolling chair at Ticketmaster and MAN UP already, to MAN THE f***ING PHONES, because there’s no such thing as a customer service line for inquiries, cancellations, refunds or rescheduling, and if you DON’T know that it’s AlWAYS the artist that sits on that chair to answer calls and personally venmo partial-cash back for some songs while also running a full page print apology in the NYT printed in RED INK which is actually not ink but Morrissey’s own blood which he extracted by fountain pen…

WELL, then, i guess you just don’t know shit, Ket!

WHY WASN’T THE SHOW RESCHEDULED WITH A NEW DATE ANNOUNCED BY NOON THE NEXT DAY? After all, it’s not like the unknown future availability of the venue needs to be checked, confirmed, coordinated, and cross-checked across the future and potentially still unconfirmed other contractual commitments and potentially legally bound other business obligations of multiple crew, musicians, and band members who will all have separate schedules, projects, and collaborations.

Not to mention that most importantly of ALL, I would like to know WHY Morrissey is pissing his life away singing all over of the world, and worst of all CONTINUING with the TOUR (*SHOCK and AWE fireworks go HERE* ) when if he had even the SLIGHTEST shred of even the TINIEST modicum of decency, he would give up his Christmas AND also all the rest of all his future birthdays, to PARK his formerly gladiola-ed rear on a height-adjustable rolling chair at Ticketmaster and MAN UP already, to MAN THE f***ING PHONES, because there’s no such thing as a customer service line for inquiries, cancellations, refunds or rescheduling, and if you DON’T know that it’s AlWAYS the artist that sits on that chair to answer calls and personally venmo partial-cash back for some songs while also running a full page print apology in the NYT printed in RED INK which is actually not ink but Morrissey’s own blood which he extracted by fountain pen…

WELL, then, i guess you just don’t know shit, Ket!

Reading some of your posts, I get the impression that you get about 3 hours sleep a night and live on a diet of Red Bull and Pringles.

And a career is what Morrissey has. The fans know it, and they want to be serviced accordingly. Like any musical act that performs a service. What makes Morrissey think he’s any different from the rest? The nerve!

Depends on how amazing the starter is.

And maybe if you’re overweight with the intention of eating a 3 course, but now you’ve been deprived of it, well maybe it’s for the better, one’s health and all.

Anyways, they know full well that this particular chef is legendary for these antics, but the food’s soooo damn good that time after time people are willing to take that risk, that’s not to say that the chef is blameless in her actions, but people still continue to eat there, it’s bonkers! What can you do?

I think people are aware he cancels a lot of his gigs, the main issue is that a lot of people want a refund and to date there has been no news whatsoever for them.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom