Morrissey Central "Just Yesterday" (October 9, 2020)

Bram_sg5yia.jpg

"With my staff night and day

I strike the ground - my mother's highway

and I say, "oh, mother dear, let me in … "

-CHAUCER

Regards,
FWD.

😢 when we cry for others, we are really crying for ourselves
That’s empathy I suppose.

😔

From The Pardoner's Tale

Translated from
"And on the ground, which is my mother’s gate,
I knocke with my staff, early and late,
And say to her, ‘Leve mother, let me in."

(though it should probably be "doorway" instead of "highway")

And on the ground, which is my mother's gate,
I knock with my staff early, aye, and late,
And cry: 'O my dear mother, let me in!

This is a bit more disturbing:

“Unfortunately, Death doesn’t want me either, which is why I’m as old and disgusting as I am. All I can do is wander around like a restless soul, knocking my walking stick on the ground morning and night hoping Mother Earth will take me back. ‘Mother Earth, let me in!’ I say. ‘Just look at how wretched I am. My flesh and blood and skin are all drying up. When will my tired bones be laid to rest? Mother, I wish I could trade that beautiful chest in my bedroom for a burial shroud to put myself in!’ But so far, she hasn’t helped me at all, which is why I’m so pale and rickety.

would love to see him wear that outfit during the "next" tour because it's really, really cute.

So, starting top left going circular fashion to the right, we have Moz, Moz's Dad, Moz's Mum, Moz's sister, yes? Lovely family picture.

So, starting top left going circular fashion to the right, we have Moz, Moz's Dad, Moz's Mum, Moz's sister, yes?

Yes.

It's cute how he and his dad adopt exactly the same pose.

Yes.

It's cute how he and his dad adopt exactly the same pose.
To me what's odd, is that in this photo, Moz 'then' resembles how he looks now, which I know sounds a bit daft because he's much older, but the features are clearly still there, and if you were to look at a pic of Moz, say from the height of his career, you'd have to look really hard to see if it was the same person. He must have 'leaned' out quite a bit and now he not so lean. Interesting.

moz4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
To me what's odd, is that in this photo, Moz 'then' resembles how he looks now, which I know sounds a bit daft because he's much older, but the features are clearly still there, and if you were to look at a pic of Moz, say from the height of his career, you'd have to look really hard to see if it was the same person. He must have 'leaned' out quite a bit and now he not so lean. Interesting.

Trousers are even the same colour 😉

fafd2586f4d34bf29c06a2544e7771ff.jpg

“... Long ago, I was wounded. I lived
to revenge myself
against my father, not
for what he was--
for what I was: from the beginning of time,
in childhood, I thought
that pain meant
I was not loved.
It meant I loved.”

"Mother died last night,
Mother who never dies..."

“The air had become heavy, not because it had greater substance, but because there was nothing left to breathe.”

Louise Glück - Nobel Prize in Leterature 2020

Poor Moz. Grief is a difficult journey to navigate. Good and bad days. A hole in your chest that cannot be filled. I feel for him. Xx

This is a bit more disturbing:

“Unfortunately, Death doesn’t want me either, which is why I’m as old and disgusting as I am. All I can do is wander around like a restless soul, knocking my walking stick on the ground morning and night hoping Mother Earth will take me back. ‘Mother Earth, let me in!’ I say. ‘Just look at how wretched I am. My flesh and blood and skin are all drying up. When will my tired bones be laid to rest? Mother, I wish I could trade that beautiful chest in my bedroom for a burial shroud to put myself in!’ But so far, she hasn’t helped me at all, which is why I’m so pale and rickety.
What a great description of benny the ex butcher

I wonder what year that is?
I'm guessing early 70s?
Yes, I reckon so because according to Autobiog: "In the mid-1970s my parents would quietly divorce..."

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom