Just visiting, request for tix and vids

slug

Hello,

This is my first 'real' visit to these boards since 2006. I've been off the scene for a while. I'm completely out of the loop on all things Moz. It's ironic how something that was such a passion has taken a backseat to other things in life.

I bought the new album a couple months ago. I'm not sure that I like it. I know that's sacrilege to say around here. Sorry. I don't find it catchy, inspiring or moving. Perhaps after 15 years of being a fan I'm moving on? That being said, I felt I was moving on after SouthPaw, but that was a temporary blip cured when Maladjusted came out. I recently bought the new Santigold album which I absolutely lurve. I must have listed to it 100 times already. So maybe musically I am moving on.

The Mastermind thing was my last great hurrah to zealous fandom. It also justified my superfluous Morrissey knowledge. I know there are a few people on this forum who supported me, so I 'd like to say thank you to UncleSkinny and Phil Gatenby. I'd also like to thank 'Maradona' who left a very nice compliment for me.. Between his failing eyesight and the superb BBC make up woman, I scrubbed up OK. His comment took me by surprise because I thought it was illegal to post anything nice about anyone on these boards? (Maybe things have changed since I've been gone?!?)

As a side note, Steve Lillywhite viewed the Mastermind clip on youtube. He sent me a message to let me know he was chuffed that he was the answer to one of the questions. I do wonder if Moz has seen it? I would guess, however, he wouldn't care one way or the other.

Anyhow, I was inspired to visit these boards because the Scottish Dog Guy is crashing in my spare room now. Tales from the mad Scot on tour are enough to make anyone nostalgic.

Last night he dragged me out to Quarry night. I spotted a few familiar faces. I met some fans from Mexico City and LA. I met the lovely Natalie from Derby. Her memory is remarkable and puts mine to shame. I hadn't realized I had previously met her in 2004 for the MEN arena show. Not to worry, Natalie, I won't forget you again. I met a couple guys the opening band. I forget what they're called. One of the guys there was pretty cute, but he had way scaly hands.

I also met Veronica from Argentina. She has a video of one of the 2000 Sao Paulo shows. It was broadcast on TV? This is news to me. Does anyone else have a video of this? Can you YouTube it? I am looking for the part just before 'Hairdressers' where Moz says, "Angela, Angela where are you going? Come back." Egotistical, I know, nevertheless a fond memory.

I don't think I'm going to any of the upcoming shows. I'm not sure what's on or what's cancelled. I haven't really followed the tour at all so I'm not sure where he's playing. I made a half-hearted attempt to get tickets to the Troxy (I live near by) but failed. If there's anyone with a spare ticket to a not-cancelled show in London I'd like to buy the ticket from you.

Besides that, life is good. I won't bore you with details as I seem to be rambling on a bit. If you'd like to keep in touch I'm on Facebook. I'm uber hidden but you can find me under David Tseng's friends.

Over and out,
Angela / slug
(that girl you used to hate from MorrisseyTour.com)

Fab. Nice to know you're still around. Who is this Scottish Dog Guy? Not a reference to Greyfriars Bobby, is it?

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
Nice one Angela
I had wondered where Hugh was staying, all he said was ''a friend in London''!
Thanks for the thanks anyway.

Yes Veronica and Natalie are two sound people:cool::cool:

Keep in touch (and make sure Hugh is not ''keeping in touch with you'':thumb:)

Phill

He'll sleep all the time you give him. He once stayed at my house and I had to shake him out of bed at 2:30pm.

Peter

He'll sleep all the time you give him. He once stayed at my house and I had to shake him out of bed at 2:30pm.

Peter

The day after the G-Mex gigs in 2006, Hugh was cuckoo-ing in a hotel in the city centre, but the LA crowd in the room left at 6am to get their flight. I was in the room next door.
Grim called me at 11am to ask where Hugh was as they were meant to be driving back to Scotland.....
I knocked on his door..... banged on his door..... called his mobile...... called his room phone......
Grim arrived around 12 noon..... we still banged and rang...... in the end I called reception and asked if we could be let in and they said the usual blah blah about not being able to do that. Me and Grim pleaded with her, saying ''He could be dead on his bed in a pool of vomit.....''
She got the maid to open up...... there was Hugh completely oblivious to anything other than his dreams....... said he didn't hear a thing:D

Although what was funnier, was when on leaving, the receptionist claimed that the room hadn't been paid for and was demanding the (rather expensive) money from Hugh:laughing:
If only I could have filmed that moment

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Tags
lillywhite mastermind morrisseytour sao paulo scottish dog slap w the left take w the rt
Back
Top Bottom