Just need a little advice, dont know if this is appropriate

GirlAfraid23

Not sure if I should be posting here about this but need some advice anyway...Basically me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex the other morning I am on the pill, but took it a few hours late that day...now I am worried as I am getting constant hunger pangs, even when i've just eaten and cravings for odd foods plus I have been feeling nauseus and sick alot of the day. I also got odd stomach cramp type things the evening after we did it...like period pains but not...please help me, i'm driving myself mad!

I can't even talk to my boyfriend about it because he will freak out! He already said it would ruin his life if I ever became pregnant :(

Re: Just need a little advice...dont know if this is appropriate

Pee on a stick.

I don't think a few hours is much to worry about. I think the symptoms are in your mind or coincidental.

Also, the pill effects your cycle, even though you take it daily I believe it disrupts the egg dropping on a long term scale, it wouldn;t matter if you took your pill later than normal.

I wouldn't worry about a few hours at all....and if you had sex the other morning, you
wouldn't be feeling any symptoms now.

I'm not sure I can really help you with an answer to your question as well as some, but this:

I can't even talk to my boyfriend about it because he will freak out! He already said it would ruin his life if I ever became pregnant :(

I can understand him potentially freaking out, but he shouldn't say to you that it would ruin his life, even if he feels that way. If god forbid something like that would happen, you should at least feel that you two would be able to work out a plan for a child.

My best wishes to you, I hope these symptoms are just psychological.

He already said it would ruin his life if I ever became pregnant :(

'Ever'?
Before you're both ready is perhaps a better way to have put it, more long winded but hey ho.
If you're really worried it too late for the MAP? Under 25's get it free from certain chemists. (differs area to area mind)

Last edited:

Thanks everyone for your speedy responses...maybe I am just being paranoid...if I miss my next period...then of course I will start to panic! Take a test or whatever. Fingers crossed I'm not though :(

You're probably fine, but if it's been less than 72 hours since the unprotected sex you could ask your doctor for Plan B, assuming it's available where you live.

Especially if you're relatively new to being on the pill and you don't have years of experience knowing how well you do on it, always always always use a condom too because women do get pg on the pill sometimes. (This is in addition to the other reasons to use one). Good luck. Ah the joy of the pregnancy scare. :squiffy:

I'd start a 'Names' thread, just in case :):)

:( dont guys, im scared!!!!

I'm only 20

Well, a friend of mine took that pill and she felt sick, she said it was a good thing because that means the pill worked, nevertheless; if you still have doubts whether or not you're pregnant you should take a pregnancy test, I don't think it is that expensive and you can get it from any pharmacy.

Or simply follow Slike's advice and discretely go to ginecologist.

Good luck. :)

Not sure if I should be posting here about this but need some advice anyway...Basically me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex the other morning I am on the pill, but took it a few hours late that day...now I am worried as I am getting constant hunger pangs, even when i've just eaten and cravings for odd foods plus I have been feeling nauseus and sick alot of the day. I also got odd stomach cramp type things the evening after we did it...like period pains but not...please help me, i'm driving myself mad!

I didn't even know you were supposed to take your birth control at the same time everday (you'd think my doctor would tell me something like that :rolleyes:) until just a few months ago. Before I knew this I'd been on birth control for five years (but always used a back-up).

Pregnancy scares are no fun. In order for you to not feel so paranoid in the future, maybe your boyfriend should start wearing condoms as well as a back-up.

What bothers me the most about your post is the fact that your boyfriend won't talk to you about this. If you he can't talk to you about something that upsets you, or discuss what would happen if you became pregnant, then perhaps you shouldn't be sleeping with him. Especially if all he can think of is how this is going to "ruin his life". What would he do if you actually did get pregnant?

Talk to your Dr. before you take the Plan B pill...there's such a small chance you could
be pregnant, I never, ever took my pill at the same time everyday, didn't even know
I was supposed to do that! Try to relax...you really would not be feeling any symptoms
of pregnancy after only a few days.

That's because he doesn't love you and never will. :)

You're not nice to me superhans...what have I ever done to you?

Anyway he does love me, he is just too young to have a baby and scared, we both are!

I didn't even know you were supposed to take your birth control at the same time everday (you'd think my doctor would tell me something like that :rolleyes:) until just a few months ago. Before I knew this I'd been on birth control for five years (but always used a back-up).

Pregnancy scares are no fun. In order for you to not feel so paranoid in the future, maybe your boyfriend should start wearing condoms as well as a back-up.

What bothers me the most about your post is the fact that your boyfriend won't talk to you about this. If you he can't talk to you about something that upsets you, or discuss what would happen if you became pregnant, then perhaps you shouldn't be sleeping with him. Especially if all he can think of is how this is going to "ruin his life". What would he do if you actually did get pregnant?

Its not that he can't talk to me about it, its just he is scared, we are both only 20 and live with our parents, it would be an awful thing to happen.

If I was to get pregnant, he said he would stay with me

Back
Top Bottom