Just got back from Russell Brand Show!

Thanks for the nice photos.

Oh mary, you're bit rude. His name is Paul, he has many friends on this site.
I was standing left of him.;)

Kewpie what do you look like, male/ female?
I recognise loads of the regular moz fans, but I don't know who's who!

Oh he was lovely, his voice sounded brilliant and he looked great. Hugging brand was so sweet, I honestly think if that'd been me even with a tv show to present I'd fainted at his feet :)

The hug was so cute, he just couldn't bear to break Russell's heart, and Russell looked so greatful. It really honestly brought a tear to my eye. It was painful, which is a shame as he is very funny in the right context. (I never thought I'd be here sticking up for Russell!)

i felt the same way i also nearly cried...morrissey hugged russell not the other way round...it was very touching.

i've never seen him do anything like that!

What a terrible show! Made up for it when he came on though! The hug well...hahaha he went to hug Russell i thought that was humerous! The band and himself put in a very energetic performance. Worth the wait in the end!

Kewpie what do you look like, male/ female?
I recognise loads of the regular moz fans, but I don't know who's who!

I don't think you'd recognize me because although I'm a fan of The Smiths since 1984, I've never been to Smiths/Morrissey tribute night in London.
I've only been to some in Manchester when these started in late 80s. :o

I do not expose myself because it's too dangeous.

... , I just stood there watching him calmly walk out, load his things into the back and get in. I was slightly shocked that I didn't rush over but I just couldn't. He was a few feet away but...I'm sure it would've been fine and dandy. Bizarrely was almost empowering NOT to speak. If I had, am sure I'd be beating myself up over what inanities I did utter. Bit of an anti climax I know but it worked out just fine.

I think you did the right thing. Sometimes it's ok just to enjoy worshipping from afar.

It was even stranger when after the show was finished, myself and a friend 'hung around' what we thought looked like the stage door. We waited for twenty minutes trying not to look like rabid fans- the band were waiting in 'people carrier' type car so we figured he might appear. It was a bit agonising as one is faced with the question- 'what will I say or do if he does appear?'. Well, dear reader, I just stood there watching him calmly walk out, load his things into the back and get in. I was slightly shocked that I didn't rush over but I just couldn't. He was a few feet away but...I'm sure it would've been fine and dandy. Bizarrely was almost empowering NOT to speak. If I had, am sure I'd be beating myself up over what inanities I did utter. Bit of an anti climax I know but it worked out just fine.

ahhhhhh. see...you should have planned it ahead of time. this way...you were so close to sharing a few words with him, but you missed the chance...and you might never get the opportunity again! here's my little stalker groupie trick I acquired: every time I go see a show, I assume ahead of time that I will meet the person. Sometimes, I get dissapointed (Robert Plant is a bastard!!!!!! I can't belive I used to like him...), other times I don't. So if you automatically assume that you will meet them, you get to play the scenario in your head and get the idea of what you'd want to say.

like for example, when I met cyndi lauper, I told her that I used to get beat up in girls washroom when I was 14 for having the same haircut as her circa 1984...well it was more like...she was getting out of her car and wouldn't give any autographs and i said "you know what cyndi, back when i was 14....i got in a whole lot of trouble because I looked up to you"...and in the freezing cold Canadian winter...she looked around, said "Awright..." smiled...took my record that I wanted to get signed...went inside the building, came out with it and her assistant told me I was put on the guest list...we got to be in the front row and it was amazing!!!!!

so yeah! you gotta assssuuuummmeee
however, morrissey is no cyndi lauper. i have no clue what i'd say to God if I met him either...or had the chance of talking to him...and I certainly wouldn't want to blow it.

Hmmm. Maybe it's all an act and in real life she's actually a quiet shy person who is a bit alkward. I'm not being rude, I think a lot of people who come across as slightly off the wall on TV are really not like that at all.
I don't know how much of it is an act. Courtney is definitely not a shy wallflower - but the whole crazy bitch persona is way exaggerated. I've read a few interviews with her where she seemed quite intelligent and much nicer than people think. It's a bit as if she is 'two people', but I wonder how often she turns into that person who seems interesting and likeable, and how often she is acting as if she wants to make everyone hate her. She's always been a very messed-up person, since her childhood, and I suppose outrageous behaviour has long time ago become a part of her persona. It's not unusual for children who are neglected and unloved by their parents to become attention-seekers.

Kewpie, who are you?!?!
me and my bloke were sitting right by Courtney it was pure luck and totally surreal. We could see her knickers the whole way through. She didn't look as big as she looked on telly tho, I thought she looked great.

Morrissey was NOT sitting amongst us at that point, contrary to visual lies! If he was, I'd have been on his lap, ala Russell Brand. ;-)

managed to get to the second row for Moz, my legs were like jelly when he came out, and was smiling and saying hi to us. Looked really good in his grey suit, very young and thin.

I was very jealous of the few people who got to shake his hand at the end, including the mini Moz lookalike! You lucky gits.

I've never been so close. Both my idols: totally mindblowing!

My boyfriend took these pics:

View attachment 1149

View attachment 1150

Thanks for the photos! I wish I'd taken my camera, he looked absolutely stunning. Amazing to be stood so close to him, and I was one of the people who got to shake his hand at the end. Couldn't stop smiling all night.... :)

There'd obviously been the intention for Russell to speak to him briefly, as I had the producer/stage manager (who knows...) stood near me for a time talking into his head set. He clearly said near the end - change of plan, no chat, Morrissey just coming straight on stage to sing.

And yes he was sat briefly in the crowd for the first part - not over by the bar area though, but by the other side of the entrance way. He didn't stay there long - just long enough to get the shots of him in the audience to use on TV.

Zelda

I watched the whole thing last night, and spent most of the time shouting at him to get on with it and interview Morrissey! Courtney wasn't even interesting, and the sketch was terrible. The bit that really got me screaming at the telly was the whole 'Only Fools and Horses' theme tune thing, why waste precious moz-talking time to listen to the audience singing? Maybe they just realised that he wasn't going to give an interview and they had to make it up on the spot. However, Moz was brilliant (of course) and I did enjoy the chat at the end "I don't want to embarrass you, Sir, don't recoil!' and the hug was very cute. *jealous*

For the Love of God, there must be somebody in the UK that can put this up on Youtube? Por favor.

Re: Just got back from Russell Brand Show!http://images.morrissey-solo.com/forums/ima

In the immortal words of Frank Booth, "Suave! Goddamn you're one suave f*cker!"

Awww...I'm speechless.
Because it was the closet I got to see Morrissey in my life.
*drool*
Second closest was after Salford University gig in 1986, witnessing Morrissey and Johnny got on a car, I was about seven feet away from them.

Wow, you're so lucky to have been there! I was so excited just waiting for it to be on tv, never-mind actually being there, think I would've freaked out slightly!

I do like Russell Brand but the show was pretty torturous to sit through, after half an hour I was starting to get bored and some parts were rather cringe inducing. I can't get over how good Morrissey looked though- so healthy and young! Great to see :) And I loved his smile at the end of the performance and he was quite sweet to Russell. I forget how shy he is though, he really doesn't like being on tv shows does he?!

Thanks for the nice photos.

Oh mary, you're bit rude. His name is Paul, he has many friends on this site.
I was standing left of him.;)

I wasn't being rude, he WAS a mini Moz lookalike! I'm five foot two, I'm not heightest!

He was quite a good lookalike, it made me smile.

I wasn't being rude, he WAS a mini Moz lookalike! I'm five foot two, I'm not heightest!

He was quite a good lookalike, it made me smile.

I'm 5' 7" if it helps :o

I got acknowledged in a funny way by Morrissey when he first came onstage, he did a funny little pointy thing and smiled, which made my night, and then he came over and we shook hands after he'd sung, which made my life complete!
I'd waited 23 years for that moment, since I first became infatuated with the great man while watching The Smiths on The Tube in 1983, and was completely overwhelmed by the experience, rather like Russell was during the hug Morrissey gave him...
About Russell, who I have a ticket to see in February, I'm really sorry to see him maligned by some people here. I've followed his career for the last few years and find him a thoroughly fine fellow, witty, charming, intelligent, and uproariously amusing, with a genuine love for Morrissey, which was made apparent last night.
As we were leaving, from several feet away I stood and watched Russell having photos taken with people, and he spotted me, opened his eyes wide, gave me a big smile and waved and mouthed the word "wow", which was the icing on the cake, as they say, and crowned a fantastic afternoon.
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, if you see me on the upcoming tour, come and say hello :)

Special thanks to Kewpie, who is a lovely person, for helping us out with tickets. bless you x

Back
Top Bottom