just found this "lydia"

A

Anonymous

so like the title says I just listened to this for the first time about twenty plus min ago and it was already good enough to share. from the comments on youtube it seems like most come across it by accident and just fall in love with it. I recommend to fans of piano soft soul and just enough dreamy folk/chamber pop floating around to give it all a bitter sweet quality. was impressed

Lydia - illuminate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWk1IJyfccg

a bit like a more mature eisley if you know the band

heres the allmusic review and a critic that might carry more weight than I

"The lush, languid ILLUMINATE washes over the listener like a slow river at night. Likewise, the layers of sound that Lydia drape over their songs glitter like the water’s surface on a starry night, and are just as hard to pin down. Heavily echoed guitars bleed together to create an atmospheric bed for the intimate, confessional lyrics, while singer Leighton Antelman’s boyish, heartfelt vocals soar over it all. Never quite as mopey and austere as contemporaries like Death Cab for Cutie, this is still ultimately pop music--pop with substance and grandeur"

four and a half outta five from eight reviewers

:)
cute and listenable.

thank you very much.

:)
cute and listenable.

thank you very much.

I think it something ive probably stumbled over before but didn't follow up on and just stumbled over it again. I listen and seek out lots of new music so some stuff just slips between the cracks. I liked it quite a bit

Back
Top Bottom