Just coincidence? Random serendipity? Or what? Morrissey blessed moment

CeciDeMorrissey

Steven Patrick I Love You
You'll see this is not my best year in terms of health: I just came from the doctor and after seeing a nuclear magnetic resonance, he told me I have a spinal hernia for the 2nd time in my life (1st one at 14). and it's really bothering me with pain.

Of course I was discouraged when I found out the cost of the surgery is way too high for me right now (US$4.000 - 2.000 pounds), especially considering that my bf is still paying the loan he asked to pay my summer hospitalization because of my neumonia and my RADS.

When I was at the health insurance office asking a quotation for everything, I was almost in tears, collapsed in my chair, thinking about my bad luck in health this year, about how much money this all costs and the money I don't have for the operation, the pain I will have to bear until I can afford the surgery... Well... All those sad stupid facts.

I walked out from the health insurance office really teary and depressed and I went to buy some food cause I had skipped lunch... Just when I was getting to the food court, I looked up and what I saw? MORRISSEY!! They were playing "You Have Killed Me" video in a big rounded TV screen they have right in the center of the court.

I couldn't believe it! To me it was such a warm feeling of hope!! I mean... I was almost crying in sadness and then I look up and right when my spirit was yielding to the miserable feeling, he appears like a sunshine or a rainbow in the rain (yes, as corny as it sounds).... And I couldn't help to smile widely and I became tearier, but this time with hope and happiness!! He relieved all my sadness just with his presence in that TV...

It's not the first time it happens to me with him... But this time was really remarkable... Besides I was wearing my "Morrissey's Secret Wife" tee, so it was all complete... I don't know... ... I won't forget this, too beautiful :)

What do you think? Just coincidence? Have something like this happened to any of you, too?

Last edited:
I've never seen or heard Morrissey played in public besides when I've seen him live, so I've not really had an experience like yours.

But I was walking home from school one day and became utterly disgusted with all the people around me. I began to wish for a fellow Moz fan to frolic through pastures of wildflowers with whilst singing Moz songs. Then, as I round the corner a boy wearing a Morrissey shirt was coming right towards me! It was fate, I tell you, fate!

But he looked like a horse and has bad musical taste otherwise, so I said bye-bye.

Last edited:
I hope that you feel better soon. :)

A kind, wise woman once told me (after a Morrissey concert, in fact) to remember that everything changes...nothing bad lasts forever. :)

Ceci, I don't have a similar story to tell (although I'm sure something like that must have happened to me at one time or another...) but I wanted to reach out and say 'hang in there...' It certainly sounds like a really tough year, but there will be other years to come that will make you well and truly grateful to be alive.

All best,
JM

oh ceci, you poor thing! as I told you a year ago I also have a herniated disk. all I can say is that over here they don't do the surgery unless it's absolutely necessary because of course the surgery is also risky. they certainly won't do it for just pain. only if there is paralisys. and even thow I suffered great pain for 2 years I can only say that it is absolutely true that those hernias can shrink by themselves. my pain is completely GONE without surgery after 2 years. but I met many people who got worse after the surgery. so I think you should wait. if there's no paralisys then I would not do any surgery right away, only if the pain stays absolutely unbearable for months and months. save your money.

Ceci. I'm so sorry for you! I really hope you get over the pain and soon everything will be a little better. It's not your year this year. You have really bad luck. *hug Ceci*

But I can understand your joy about the video when you were so down. I have terrible love pains at the moment and recently I sat here in my room and Moz started to sing "Dear God Please Help Me" and I wanted to cry because I was so emotional but at the other hand I thought, 'Thanks Moz. You're the only person who can give me comfort like that.' Moz and Lili here are the two persons who really can cheer me up so I hope you have another person besides Moz who can cheer you up. Maybe your daughter and your boyfriend. Be strong and don't give up! Just think of all the nice things in life and always have good music with you (on a mp3-player for instance). I never go out without my ipod and music means so much for me.

Cheer up, Ceci!

My dear ones: Thank you so much for your support, although I wasn't kinda seeking it when I opened this thread, but I really had this bursting need to share what it had happened to me because I found it so magical, and it came in the most precise moment... Because when you seek consolation in music , Morrissey has so many songs and lyrics that can represent us, but when you're really down and not looking for it and all of a sudden he pops up almost as a work of magic... I get so grateful about it... I mean... it was a little miracle, so soothing... His sole presence, the reading of his name from the distance was a joy... He turned my sadness in automatic joy in the right moment when I need it, and appeared so opportunely... Definitively to me it was a kind of magic :)

Today I'm a bit better, we spent a great day with my daughter and if I have to be honest what depresses me the most is the fact of not having the money to pay the surgery... That's my main frustration, because I wouldn't really care that much if had money to get rid of this problem right away, but to realize that I can't afford a surgery to improve my life quality, is really annoying, saddening and frustrating.

Dear Lili, this surgery is quite common here at least, and now it is done endoscopically, minimally invasive... I already underwent surgery 16 years ago when i was 14 for a real serious lumbar hernia that started just like a pain and had me finally paralyzed, but those days the technology was so different, and the result was wonderful. At that time I was running and climbing stairs just a week after the operation, after 5 months of being suffering in bed. And I bear the proof: A 10 cm scar in my lower back, 2 hrs surgery, total anesthesia... This time it would be local anesthesia, just 25 mins long surgery and just a few days of post-surgery... If I had the money I'd have already booked it, but I can't and that's what has me angry, sad and frustrated...

Anyway I've just planned to bear the hernia for as long as i can with the same hope of Lili, that it vanishes away or the pain doesn't bother or limit me a lot. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, thank you as always for all your support and I'm so happy to have friends to tell this (to me) beautiful story about Morrissey appearing just when I needed it the most :)

Oh, shit. Omens indeed. This is all for you, Damien!!

Dear Lili, this surgery is quite common here at least, and now it is done endoscopically, minimally invasive... I already underwent surgery 16 years ago when i was 14 for a real serious lumbar hernia that started just like a pain and had me finally paralyzed, but those days the technology was so different, and the result was wonderful. At that time I was running and climbing stairs just a week after the operation, after 5 months of being suffering in bed. And I bear the proof: A 10 cm scar in my lower back, 2 hrs surgery, total anesthesia... This time it would be local anesthesia, just 25 mins long surgery and just a few days of post-surgery... If I had the money I'd have already booked it, but I can't and that's what has me angry, sad and frustrated...

Anyway I've just planned to bear the hernia for as long as i can with the same hope of Lili, that it vanishes away or the pain doesn't bother or limit me a lot. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, thank you as always for all your support and I'm so happy to have friends to tell this (to me) beautiful story about Morrissey appearing just when I needed it the most :)

it seems to be that the doctors advice very much depends on wether someone pays cash or with health insurance. over here of course if you're a private patient with money they will do the endosopic surgery right away even if it's not necessary. but the healthsinurance will only pay a surgery if it's abcolutely unavoidable. I went to see the best neurosurgeon in vienna. he said I have a massive hernia but that 99% of the surgeries are unnecessary and that I should wait and it will probably shrink by itself. he was right, I suppose. I was terrified of any kind of surgery so I am very happy that I could avoid it and end up pain free. I've never had a surgery in my life yet and the thought of being anaesthisized totally freaks me out...

what song would be better....

Heavens knows I'm miserable now!

Girlfriend in a coma.

Hopefully the hernia will repair itself. Have you looked into having the surgery abroad. It might be cheaper!

well look after yourself dear.

Girlfriend in a coma.

Hopefully the hernia will repair itself. Have you looked into having the surgery abroad. It might be cheaper!

Why don't you tell about that time you and HIM had that basket of nan and the one on top had a burn mark in the shape of Morrissey?

Why don't you tell about that time you and HIM had that basket of nan and the one on top had a burn mark in the shape of Morrissey?

OH, Yes...to save it, i had to buy him another vindaloo and two pints of lager.
He was going to mop up his curry sauce with the edge of the burnt bit that looks liked morrissey's quiff!

Girlfriend in a coma.

When I was in the car, on my way home from the hospital this summer, they played Girlfriend In A Coma on the radio... I got so emotional! hahaha :)

I don't think it's cheaper abroad... and it could be really risky...

You see lili... I will carry my hernia for as long as I can, as long as the pain doesn't ger unbearable or I get paralyzed again, which I don't really think cause this time the symptoms have been different from my first hernia...

A burn mark with a Morrissey quiff shape? hahahaha, that's funny!! Only people like us can see that kind of things! hehehe

Last edited:
When I was in the car, on my way home from the hospital this summer, they played Girlfriend In A Coma on the radio... I got so emotional! hahaha :)

I don't think it's cheaper abroad... and it could be really risky...

I hardly hear any morrissey or smiths on the radio! But I heard 'International playboys' on BBC2 the other week thou.

I forgot that you live in south america. I was thinking about europe (like eastern europe). Then you got the travelling back home, which wouldn't be wise.

A burn mark with a Morrissey quiff shape? hahahaha, that's funny!! Only people like us can see that kind of things! hehehe

It has caused a great deal of friction in our friendship, i wanted to save it and he wanted to eat it:p

Back
Top Bottom