Just Another Sign of How Increasingly f***ing Stupid People Have Become...

Read about it not too long ago on AOL's website. I loved the fact that the representatives of Sesame Street had to explain in their statement that "Bert and Ernie are puppets and do not have a sexuality." Rich.

Read about it not too long ago on AOL's website. I loved the fact that the representatives of Sesame Street had to explain in their statement that "Bert and Ernie are puppets and do not have a sexuality." Rich.

And yet, to this day, Miss Piggy still lusts for her Kermie.

So I guess m(p)uppets only have a sexual orientation if it's heterosexual.

Since the show is geared toward 5 year olds, I have no problem with that.

Ut-oh. Are you implying that gay characters are inappropriate for a 5 year old?

Someone's very old-fashioned.

P.S. Just to be clear, I agree that Bert and Ernie are not gay...nor should they be. But why is "gay" still seen as "adult" and not simply "human"?

Ut-oh. Are you implying that gay characters are inappropriate for a 5 year old?

Someone's very old-fashioned.

P.S. Just to be clear, I agree that Bert and Ernie are not gay...nor should they be. But why is "gay" still seen as "adult" and not simply "human"?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think 5 year-olds should be thinking about numbers and words and toys and snacktime, not who is sleeping with whom.

Interesting aside to this conversation.

I was on the subway on my way to a Yankee game and these two guys were going at it. Now we are not talking holding hands or kissing. One guy was shoving his hands down the others guys pants. Now there were little kids on the subway going to the game. They noticed as I rolled my eyes and shook my head. They noticed this and started yelling at me if I was some homophobe that hated gays. Long story short. I moved my way towards them and started yelling right back at them. I pointed to the hottest girl standing near and told them that I don't care what they do, I would not care if that girl over there was going at it with some guy.... but you don't do in on a public train in front of little kids. Other people joined in to tell them to shut up and sit down.

This is just one of the reasons that my friends believe that I will be eventually murdered in the subway system.

Point of this is that I agree with what Crystal said. If I had kids I would want my toddlers exposed to being a kid. I would want them to enjoy being a kid. Build with blocks, color and fingerpaint and all of that stuff that goes along with being a little kid. I do not want them exposed to anything of that nature until they are beyond the sesame street age.

And for the dumb jackasses that keep bringing up the Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy... The Muppet Show was originally broadcast at night on CBS. It was not meant for kids it was meant for adults. Go back and watch an episode of the Muppet Show and an episode of Sesame Street. One is clearly meant for kids and one was clearly meant for adults.

My only post in this thead

Interesting aside to this conversation.

I was on the subway on my way to a Yankee game and these two guys were going at it. Now we are not talking holding hands or kissing. One guy was shoving his hands down the others guys pants. Now there were little kids on the subway going to the game. They noticed as I rolled my eyes and shook my head. They noticed this and started yelling at me if I was some homophobe that hated gays. Long story short. I moved my way towards them and started yelling right back at them. I pointed to the hottest girl standing near and told them that I don't care what they do, I would not care if that girl over there was going at it with some guy.... but you don't do in on a public train in front of little kids. Other people joined in to tell them to shut up and sit down.

This is just one of the reasons that my friends believe that I will be eventually murdered in the subway system.

Point of this is that I agree with what Crystal said. If I had kids I would want my toddlers exposed to being a kid. I would want them to enjoy being a kid. Build with blocks, color and fingerpaint and all of that stuff that goes along with being a little kid. I do not want them exposed to anything of that nature until they are beyond the sesame street age.

And for the dumb jackasses that keep bringing up the Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy... The Muppet Show was originally broadcast at night on CBS. It was not meant for kids it was meant for adults. Go back and watch an episode of the Muppet Show and an episode of Sesame Street. One is clearly meant for kids and one was clearly meant for adults.

My only post in this thead

Cool story, bro.

Back
Top Bottom