Just another asshole who needs a lift in Scotland..

melisser

Hey all, American gal coming from Berlin for the Dunoon, Dunfermline and Hawick gigs. I'm flying in and out of Glasgow, but my friend and I haven't figured out how to get to the actual gigs. The coaches seem to be booked out, the trains seem to stop early, and now we're like ?!?
We have places to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh, so we can take a ride to/from either of those cities. Of course, we'll pay for petrol! We're also considering renting a car, so other people looking for a ride who want to split the price, contact me.

melisser AT gmail dot com

xo!

Hey all, American gal coming from Berlin for the Dunoon, Dunfermline and Hawick gigs. I'm flying in and out of Glasgow, but my friend and I haven't figured out how to get to the actual gigs. The coaches seem to be booked out, the trains seem to stop early, and now we're like ?!?
We have places to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh, so we can take a ride to/from either of those cities. Of course, we'll pay for petrol! We're also considering renting a car, so other people looking for a ride who want to split the price, contact me.

melisser AT gmail dot com

xo!

Dunoon and Dunfermline are relatively easy to get to/from on public transport, I wouldn't worry about those. Not sure about Hawick though.

Dunoon and Dunfermline are relatively easy to get to/from on public transport, I wouldn't worry about those. Not sure about Hawick though.

The issue seems to be getting back to Glasgow. Nothing is running late enough, as far as we can tell.

I've just had a look at the met office, who are suggesting Gales in the Strathclyde region for Saturday. If this proves to be the case then it might be an idea to check the ferry service before heading to Gourock? Thankfully there is a bus from Glasgow, but I'd rather do it by train/ferry.

Hopefully the forecast will improve?

Judas H. Priest, this f***ing country! It's bloody June, and we have gales! I don't think these are the 'summer winds' of which Sinatra sang.
I foresee squalls of Moz fans standing hopelessly at Gourock, waiting for a Sweetie-Pie to get them safely to the port on the other side.

Judas H. Priest, this f***ing country! It's bloody June, and we have gales! I don't think these are the 'summer winds' of which Sinatra sang.
I foresee squalls of Moz fans standing hopelessly at Gourock, waiting for a Sweetie-Pie to get them safely to the port on the other side.

They'll tell you at Glasgow if the connecting ferries are running or not. Just get the bus if they aren't.

We're all Doomed :D

I'm sure it'll be fine. 60% chance of rain though. All those soggy quiffs.

Is it the Dunoon gig everyones fretting about?

Who's fretting? But yes Dunoon. I just had a look on the Met Office forcast over lunch and for the Strathclyde area in general it mentioned the possibilty of gales on Saturday. I'm sure that everything will be fine, the fretting is tongue-in-cheek (for now at least!).

Who's fretting? But yes Dunoon. I just had a look on the Met Office forcast over lunch and for the Strathclyde area in general it mentioned the possibilty of gales on Saturday. I'm sure that everything will be fine, the fretting is tongue-in-cheek (for now at least!).

And as the day draws ever near,
don't forget your pac-a-mac dear

BBC now has Saturday weather as "Thundery Showers", but no mention of gales.

EDIT. As of Thursday, the weather is just "Occasional Showers" and the Met Office has no weather warnings to report in the Strathclyde area. So the Ferry it is!

Last edited:
Having benefited from the Morrissey-solo car share scheme in the past I am happy to offer my services.

I will be driving from Edinburgh to Dunoon earlyish on Saturday, but not returning until Sunday. And then also driving to Dunfermline, relatively early, but with limited space.

Don't all shout and once & bring your own granny sookers :p

Back
Top Bottom