jumping onstage and hugging morrissey

atlas

when did this start how and why?
also what were the unwritten "rules" and when did they stop it and why?

good stories welcome.

I wish it was like it was in the Will Never Marry vid.....those were the days.:love:

I think it became a bit of a ritual after people saw the Derby assembly rooms gig on the telly and also some lad got up and hugged Morrissey when the band were playing wddim on the oxford rd show.

Alan

There's a girl in here who was featured in "Will never marry" video. She's the blonde one on the beginning.

Birmingham NEC outsiders tour. I was at the front - the first thing he did when he walked on was shake my hand, he sang directly too me several times in the show and finally pulled me up onto the stage towards the end. I think i was the first or maybe even the only one that night - there was a big roar from the crowd as i put my arm round him - and then i was ushered off by the minder man.

I think the way morrissey interacts with the audience i.e shaking hands ect ect is brilliant, i mean i have never seen another artist interact with the audience as much as he does. the only other time was at oasis in heaton park when liam gallagher came down to the barrier to shake peoples hands(mine included)

I think the way morrissey interacts with the audience i.e shaking hands ect ect is brilliant, i mean i have never seen another artist interact with the audience as much as he does. the only other time was at oasis in heaton park when liam gallagher came down to the barrier to shake peoples hands(mine included)

Bah, I was at the front when he was doing that and my friend next to me was the last guy he gave a high five to. Still, I've had a handshake off Moz's drummer and bassist so it isn't too bad.

when did this start how and why?
also what were the unwritten "rules" and when did they stop it and why?

good stories welcome.

It didn't stop for me. Greatest Hits Tour two years ago and Tour of Refusal this year. I, too, watched the Will Never Marry video and vowed that it would be me up there some day.

I surveyed the venue online ahead of time with a Google image search. Paid a premium to get into the front row. Got on, got off in a hurry. Now that I have my picture with him, I'm done.

After hugging him during the "Take me in your arms and love me" part at the end of Crashing Bores, he came over to me in the crowd and said, "Don't do it if you don't mean it."

After hugging him this year at the beginning of I'm OK By Myself, he said, "My friend!" as Arturo was tossing me back into the pit. I didn't even realize it at the time -- others told me but I didn't believe it until I heard it on the bootleg of the show.

Do it if you get the chance. I'll be cheering you on from the pit.

After hugging him during the "Take me in your arms and love me" part at the end of Crashing Bores, he came over to me in the crowd and said, "Don't do it if you don't mean it."

:eek:

Birmingham NEC outsiders tour. I was at the front - the first thing he did when he walked on was shake my hand, he sang directly too me several times in the show and finally pulled me up onto the stage towards the end. I think i was the first or maybe even the only one that night - there was a big roar from the crowd as i put my arm round him - and then i was ushered off by the minder man.

Were you kicked out, or did you get to watch the rest of the show?

I got thrown out after getting on stage at one of the Royal Festival Hall gigs, had been on stage many times before and never had any problems. After much complaining I was allowed back in but that was the last time I went up.

Back
Top Bottom