Julie Hamill YT: "Andrew Paresi tracks drums on Stephen Street Suedehead" (April 16, 2023)

Screenshot_20230416-184702.png

Brief clip to help advertise related item below.
FWD.

Related item:

Such a great tune, i dont think anyone expected this single to be so damn good in 1988. Could he succeed without The Smiths?
When i first heard this i thought , nah, he's gonna be absolutely fine on his own.
He had the perfect producer and for that one album, Vini Reillys magical guitar.
Top, top tune

Great tune. Great bassline. Great drum track. Two talented people. Unable to leave 1988.

Such a great tune, i dont think anyone expected this single to be so damn good in 1988. Could he succeed without The Smiths?
When i first heard this i thought , nah, he's gonna be absolutely fine on his own.
He had the perfect producer and for that one album, Vini Reillys magical guitar.
Top, top tune

Great song! Never quite reached that height again for me though.

andrew did the same with disappointed,great drummer and funny guy,does very good voices and a good M impersonation on his own spoof song,oh melanie which i still listen to on youtube,so good it fooled dutch radio who announced it as morrisseys new song.

Last edited:
andrew did the same with will never marry,great drummer and funny guy,does very good voices and a good M impersonation on his own spoof song,oh melanie which i still listen to on youtube,so good it fooled dutch radio who announced it as morrisseys new song.
For about 5 years i thought oh melanie was actually Morrissey, had it on a bootleg cd, had me fooled good and proper

Top, top tune
That was one of several missed opportunities. On the one hand, the Langer/ Winstanley stuff on Bona Drag is very good. 'November' a career high. But musically the stuff Vini was putting out as Durutti Column (with Street producing) was sublime. A fuller collaboration could have been timeless.

For about 5 years i thought oh melanie was actually Morrissey, had it on a bootleg cd, had me fooled good and proper
i came across it on youtube just as i was scrolling through,i think it sounds like him and the style of the song is something akin to an M track.

Yes, he's quite the wit! Wasn't there a radio show a while back called something like 'I was Morrissey's drummer'?
julie has her own radio show and he appeared on that,hes entertaining.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom