Julie Hamill YT: "Andrew Paresi tracks drums on Stephen Street Suedehead" (April 16, 2023)

Screenshot_20230416-184702.png

Brief clip to help advertise related item below.
FWD.

Related item:

The highlights of the night were the guests: Jose seemed to forget the words at some points and the first family band changed the lyrics at times... "First of the Lads to Die". Could have been some exchange between the two bands as we ended up hearing a few songs twice! Was blown away at how tight sounding the Salford Lads sound - especially the bass! There was a great opportunity to play some deep cuts but the deepest they went was Do Your Best and Don't Worry. The sycophancy of Julie Hamill is irksome and uncomfortable: her getting on stage to big up what's going to happen just leaves a bad taste and was entirely unnecessary.
Bridgewood and Street are very nice and humble - Hopefully see Gannon at one of these things soon!

The highlights of the night were the guests: Jose seemed to forget the words at some points and the first family band changed the lyrics at times... "First of the Lads to Die". Could have been some exchange between the two bands as we ended up hearing a few songs twice! Was blown away at how tight sounding the Salford Lads sound - especially the bass! There was a great opportunity to play some deep cuts but the deepest they went was Do Your Best and Don't Worry. The sycophancy of Julie Hamill is irksome and uncomfortable: her getting on stage to big up what's going to happen just leaves a bad taste and was entirely unnecessary.
Bridgewood and Street are very nice and humble - Hopefully see Gannon at one of these things soon!

I can’t say I am surprised to read this about Hamill. She’s past being a sycophant now, as I’m convinced she thinks it’s all about her. Rather pathetic, really.
I do wish I’d never heard a note from the Roberts band. Roberts qualifies for the worst person of the lot. His Mr Nice Guy image is all a front. He shouldn’t be trusted. Every post on FB is the same. Amazing. Great news. Cant wait:: bore off, Jeff.

The missed verses from Jose were AWKWARD. The lyric changes by the family band were strange - "the first and last to die" was one and getting verses wrong.

it's become more of the maldonado meet
he gets everywhere
harsh comments about julie hamil - without her it doesn't happen

I'm pleased for everyone who went and enjoyed themselves, but I must confess I find these kind of events utterly baffling, and struggle too see what people get out of them. Wouldn't it feel a bit demeaning to go from playing with the real thing, to a not-very-good tribute singer? I dunno - again, fair play to everyone who loves this kind of thing, but I just do not get the appeal. Maybe it's just me?

I'm pleased for everyone who went and enjoyed themselves, but I must confess I find these kind of events utterly baffling, and struggle too see what people get out of them. Wouldn't it feel a bit demeaning to go from playing with the real thing, to a not-very-good tribute singer? I dunno - again, fair play to everyone who loves this kind of thing, but I just do not get the appeal. Maybe it's just me?
Do you mean what the fans get out of it? Or the musicians who go to talk and play?

Back
Top Bottom