Juliane Liebert (Der Spiegel interviewer): "The recording [of the interview] is available"

I really don't think it will make any difference if they release the tapes - those still in denial will remain in denial. They will claim the audio has been faked, or edited, or that Morrissey was trapped by a devious journalist, or that he was joking, or deliberately telling falsehoods, or drunk, or that he doesn't really believe what he said but only said it for publicity, etc.

Nothing will get through to them. Their belief in their hero is essentially religious, and cannot be shaken by things like logic and reality.

"The recording is available to Der Spiegel for comparison"

means: to DER SPARGEL lawyers. And they're not gonna make a big deal out of it.
Just a reminder: SPARGEL is the leading organ of the so called LüGENPRESSE.

If you are -for example- (even only apparently) anti-EU you are cannon fodder. :bomb:

Why is anyone even talking to the mainstream press anyway?
And if you do: talking without own tape recording and own lawyer sitting by is pretty naive. Where have you been the last decade(s), Moz? Just shopping shopping shopping?

The publication is called Der Spiegel which translates to The Mirror. It is not called Der Spargel which would translate to The Asparagus.

yes you were ! yes you did ! I got the tapes ! of course I did a little editing on the questions, but that shouldn't change anything you said. :rolleyes::cool:
yeah-but-no-but-yeah-whatever.jpg

Release the unedited tapes. They might make a difference.

For some.

Morrissey could hypothetically rape a baby seal to death on stage and some people would try and spin it into something positive.

Where were the seal's parents?

'something positive'

positive as in the media picking up on the story to spin and use as click bait to make a buck? or some has been rock singer using an out of context quote to try and remake a name for themselves ? In this world? yeah, I guess it would be positive to some.

hello DavidK ! :thumb:

Morrissey is the one who supplies the clickbait quite willingly. The situation is exactly as you describe. They want to sell advertising and make a buck. He provides the quotes to get his name out there.

Even Uncle Skinny will someday have to see that it is not about selling records or making money. Those goals make way too much sense. Everyone does that. His goal is to cause outrage and be a hated figure by all but the Mozbots.

The only question that remains is if Moz was sufficiently hip to the number of accusations against Spacey and especially Swinestein when asked. I had to research it myself as I avoid the news as much as possible to avoid hearing about Hair Hitler. Moz would have to be a complete drooling moron (much like Trump supporters) to dismiss dozens of allegations with such a weak excuse. Perhaps he was just making a general point about accusations in that you can't automatically believe them without scrutiny.

Yes, let's
A. imagine a scenario where he only knew about one attempted sexual assault, and
B. rewrite what he said so that it in no way relates to what he actually did say

then have a biscuit!

YES. Because the actual words he said were...errr.....errr. not the words he said.

When are you people going to realise?
Don’t nag me Uncle, I’m doing my best to defend Morrissey ...
I said yesterday please don’t let Marxist Spiegel talk , we don’t want another Supreme chapter :rolleyes:

i feel bad for Morrissey. this should be an exciting, positive time in his life. Even if he did say those things, I don't feel it's a big deal. It's possible that he just wasn't really that interested in the whole spacey/Weinstein thing and was speaking in an offhand, detached kind of way. so many people have this thing where a person has to be held accountable for every little thing they say. I imagine such people are the kind to whom words don't come easily, who invest their whole being into every thing they say. it may be that a person who makes their career out of manipulating words is much looser in their use, and that they might speak in ways that don't ultimately represent their true feelings.

i feel bad for Morrissey. this should be an exciting, positive time in his life. Even if he did say those things, I don't feel it's a big deal. It's possible that he just wasn't really that interested in the whole spacey/Weinstein thing and was speaking in an offhand, detached kind of way. so many people have this thing where a person has to be held accountable for every little thing they say. I imagine such people are the kind to whom words don't come easily, who invest their whole being into every thing they say. it may be that a person who makes their career out of manipulating words is much looser in their use, and that they might speak in ways that don't ultimately represent their true feelings.

Bitch, you're retarded.

I really don't think it will make any difference if they release the tapes - those still in denial will remain in denial. They will claim the audio has been faked, or edited, or that Morrissey was trapped by a devious journalist, or that he was joking, or deliberately telling falsehoods, or drunk, or that he doesn't really believe what he said but only said it for publicity, etc.

Nothing will get through to them. Their belief in their hero is essentially religious, and cannot be shaken by things like logic and reality.

100% agree with this. There are some absolute loons on this forum. Swatting aside basic the most basic of morals to defend his Grace

To the blind defenders - Think about this one for a second. Considering all of the bat shit crazy comments Morrissey has thrown out (particularly over the last decade where his relevance has declined) do you honestly believe he is not capable of saying these things?

To the blind defenders - Think about this one for a second. Considering all of the bat shit crazy comments Morrissey has thrown out (particularly over the last decade where his relevance has declined) do you honestly believe he is not capable of saying these things?
I think it's all a game he is playing. He says something, the press reports it, he denies it, the press denies that, and he denies it again. It's all publicity. Unfortunately I don't agree with the saying 'there is no such thing as bad publicity', because in this case (and others) it is probably harming album sales or possible future record deals. However I have no facts to back that up so I might be 100% wrong. I hope I am. I'd hate for Moz to stop making music. I loved the last two albums and hope he continues.

However I suspect that Moz is so negative and bordering on a sociopath that he may not be the kind of person you would like as a friend. That's ok as long as he keeps making music. I'd say he's charming a lot of the time but would then say something to ruin it all. Like that letter he sent to a penpal called Mackie in his youth, saying the pen pal was careless for losing his sister (who had recently died). Moz is obviously a very funny person but sometimes he crosses the line because he can't see the line.

Last edited:
100% agree with this. There are some absolute loons on this forum. Swatting aside basic the most basic of morals to defend his Grace

There are indeed. They're almost as bad as the absolute loons who hate Morrissey yet spend hours on this site every single day. What a way to live one's life.

Like that letter he sent to a penpal called Mackie in his youth, saying the pen pal was careless for losing his sister (who had recently died). Moz is obviously a very funny person but sometimes he crosses the line because he can't see the line.

This is an essential point of Moz. He seems to deal with difficult situations by making jokes. I don't think he wants to cause any harm. When he made the announcement that Gus collapsed you could see how difficult it was for him and as if on cue he lightened the atmosphere by making a joke about Donald Thump.

There are indeed. They're almost as bad as the absolute loons who hate Morrissey yet spend hours on this site every single day. What a way to live one's life.

The difference in my mind is that those critical of Morrissey's outbursts and dubious political stances are so because they would like to see his legacy preserved. People like myself would like Morrissey to be known for what he is - an outstanding artist and possibly the greatest lyricist of his time or beyond. It is not petty or sad to step in call him out on these statements. It's perfectly reasonable to me. People care about his music and legacy. But there has come a point for many where they can no longer stand by all of this.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom