Julia

Sorry Duchess, I didnt realise I was supposed to curl up and die because I am over 40. It just so happens I HAVE been the star in my life up to now, I have done what I wanted when I wanted it (within the realms of decency of course!) I have travelled the parts of the world I want to see and am proud to say I have been in constant employment since leaving school.

Pathetic am I, to follow a man who echoes my sentiments about a lot of things and who just happens to be gorgeous and supremely talented. Ok, pathetic it is. I am not Julia nor do I have a miniscule amount of her wealth, but the gigs I go to give me enormous pleasure and I have made a lot of friends through Morrissey. I am sad to realise you would never be one of them:(

"Maybe I'm too young to get this" is what i also said in my post! I'm only 17. 23 years ahead seems like an eternity to me! I, like most teenagers, have misconceptions about age and aging. I'm sorry if I offended you! I realize that I sounded like a horrible terrible ageist. It is possibly my personal fear of growing old and remaining the same as I am right now (somehow I expect some change to occur...for better..hopefully!) And I think you have a good point, I never thought of the fact that you may have already had a life before Morrissey.

Sorry. My judgments sometimes come from a very biased part of me...and I really can't get rid of that bias until I'm myself, 40 years of age, no matter how hard I try! If I live that long, hopefully I'll look back and want to slap myself as well! And I know I will...so I don't blame you at all!

Forgive me?!?!?!

"Maybe I'm too young to get this" is what i also said in my post! I'm only 17. 23 years ahead seems like an eternity to me! I, like most teenagers, have misconceptions about age and aging. I'm sorry if I offended you! I realize that I sounded like a horrible terrible ageist. It is possibly my personal fear of growing old and remaining the same as I am right now (somehow I expect some change to occur...for better..hopefully!) And I think you have a good point, I never thought of the fact that you may have already had a life before Morrissey.

Sorry. My judgments sometimes come from a very biased part of me...and I really can't get rid of that bias until I'm myself, 40 years of age, no matter how hard I try! If I live that long, hopefully I'll look back and want to slap myself as well! And I know I will...so I don't blame you at all!

Forgive me?!?!?!

well, that's ok - I also thought teeniage stuff is just teenage stuff at your age. but if you knew how many elderly women follow country stars and various old crooners around....

as a matter of fact: I have a friend who just broke up with his girfriend because she is follwing some german kook singer around and he got jealous. which makes them both very childish actually :D

let's at least be proud that we have good taste - julia are you listening?

(I stil think julia is somewhat nuts thow!)

Last edited:

Forgive me?!?!?!

Ok Duchess, you are forgiven:D . Its hard sometimes to remember that I was once 17 myself and although I wouldn't ever want to go back to that age, I should be more understanding of you young uns!!!

Anyway nice of you to apologise for the insult and Viva Moz and Viva life.

Ok Duchess, you are forgiven:D . Its hard sometimes to remember that I was once 17 myself and although I wouldn't ever want to go back to that age, I should be more understanding of you young uns!!!

Anyway nice of you to apologise for the insult and Viva Moz and Viva life.

Yay!!!! Thanks! Every acquaintance of mine that is your age agrees- they all hate these years. and quite frankly, as do i! hopefully it gets better...

Pathetic is that in the Luxembourg concert, Morrissey once more handed the mic to Julia and this time she didn't answer a question about his career, but... RECITED POETRY!! ... After that I quit... That's too much. :mad:

Yeah, I kind of agree. I'm not jealous about Julia - more power to her, but I think the conversing during concerts and now handing her the mike to read poetry or ask him questions (!) is WEIRD. It doesn't anger me, it just baffles me. It's wierd on HER part AND weird on Morrissey's part.

It's getting kind of old.

read poetry!!!?!?!? really?? what the heck!
i'd liek to see footage of that!

Forgive me?!?!?!

hehe - you're cute, Duchess :)

the only reason why older people don't obsess over anthing anymore might be that they don't have the time. if you're married with a bunch of screaming kids you can't follow morrissey around the globe anymore. but if you're not - you're free to be silly forever :D

damn i know what you mean.

VERY well put.

Big respect to DAnn for saying what a lot of people think.

I have walked past her at various UK gigs but why should I bother to talk to her?

Just like she shouldn't bother talking to me.

People above have said "wow, she gave me some time outside a gig once" - WTF???? Is she important in our lives?

yeh. shes not actually moz.

I shook her hand at Wembley! She's great, I admire and seethe with jealousy at her!

I shook her hand at Wembley! She's great, I admire and seethe with jealousy at her!

its not jealously, it's just wonder as i don't really get why people admire her. yeah, seeing moz alot is great but when it gets to the point it rules your life, personally i feel thats a little sad. but if thats how she enjoys living her life its up to her.

the more i read this thread the more i realize one thing: morrissey,if we meet, we meet as equals, or close.

I would say hello if I bumped into her, although I'm not sure I would recognise her from the descriptions I've been given of her, ranging from scrawny and needs her hair washed, to a beauty ripe for picking.

iIt sort of looks pathetic when someone is 40+ and is absolutely obsessed with an artist. I always feel bad for those people because...aren't you supposed to grow out of it eventually? Maybe I'm too young to get that but still. I'd want to BE the star in my life by the time I'm 40...not a follower of someone who did something with their life!

I find it far more pathetic that some people are discussing about her

Back
Top Bottom