carlos Guest

who's Julia Riley? (N.M.)

> Hello is she at every show?

[​IMG]

3. UnLOVEABLE

UnLOVEABLE Guest

Re: Of course dude

Of course she is.
    I´m sure, the Boston shows will be quite special.

She's so cool... I've met her at the Milan show and she was so cool. give her my regards.
    Who is she?
    Well she's the boss , the editor of ¨a true to you¨,and she is the lucky one whom Morrissey dedicated *reader meets author*.

I know am.
    unloveable

4. Julia Riley always has a VARIETY of loveLetters to toss to Morrissey

> Of course she is.
    > I´m sure, the Boston shows will be quite special.

> She's so cool... I've met her at the Milan show and she was so
    > cool. give her my regards.
    > Who is she?
    > Well she's the boss , the editor of ¨a true to you¨,and she is
    > the lucky one whom Morrissey dedicated *reader meets author*.

> I know am.
    > unloveable

I really don't know if I would call her "cool". She's a very weird soul, that's for sure...... Oh, and about the reader meet author thing - I can literally see the smirk on Morrissey's face if he really ever said that. I've seen him quite a number of times reacting to Julia's "adoration" if that's the word, and I doubt he's taking her seriously. Well, at least he's taking her SOMETHING, hahaha...

Anyway, possibly it was Julia who Mr.Coupland was talking about as "the president of the Morrissey Fan Club", right?! Carry on, girl, you've got nothing to lose!

5. I'll tell you who she is

Julia Riley is creepy woman and she has a lot in common with Morrissey himself. They both obsess, recognize everybody, and cannot be explained. Morrissey should marry Julia Riley and live happily ever after and stop creeping me out.

6. out from under the rock i crawl...

from what i gather julia riley had a zine, & is a big morrissey fan.

is that it?

so why does everyone on this board know of her but me?

& what's with the cryptic tones? i wish someone would just state who she is in a short, straight-forward manner...

-c

[​IMG]

7. Re: out from under the rock i crawl...

> from what i gather julia riley had a zine, & is a big
    > morrissey fan.

> is that it?

and she goes to *every* morrissey show because she is a rich lonley widow and doesn't have to work.

> so why does everyone on this board know of her but me?

it's time for you to catch up!

> & what's with the cryptic tones? i wish someone would just
    > state who she is in a short, straight-forward manner...

> -c

she doesn't speak much and therefore doesn't reveal much about herself, she doesn't write about herself in her zine either.

8. I had the pleasure of sitting with Julia in line at the 2nd SF show, and then again at the 2nd Vegas show, and I found her to be quite interesting. I asked her if she had been to every Morrissey show, and she told me that she had been to "about half that." She did tell me that she also followed the first US leg of The Queen is Dead tour.

Morrissey often recognizes her, and at the Seattle show interacted with her twice. First he said, "I have to go check on how Julia is doing" and proceeded to have a conversation with her. Then, during Break Up The Family, grabbed her hand and sang the line "Let me see all my old friends..." directly to her.

Some fans don't like her because they are extremely jealous.

9. rich lonely widow?

> and she goes to *every* morrissey show because she is a rich
    > lonley widow and doesn't have to work.

That makes me think she is old and decrepit. How old is she? anyone have a picture? I wonder if she'll be in Hamilton.

> she doesn't speak much and therefore doesn't reveal much about
    > herself, she doesn't write about herself in her zine either.

Zine publishing is an odd occupation for a rich lonely widow. You wouldn't expect a rich widow to have hip musical tastes at all.

10. elsberry

elsberry Guest

how old is Julia?

> That makes me think she is old and decrepit. How old is she?
    > anyone have a picture? I wonder if she'll be in Hamilton.

> Zine publishing is an odd occupation for a rich lonely widow.
    > You wouldn't expect a rich widow to have hip musical tastes at
    > all.

this comes from Morrisseytour.com (Milan show):

Before "Reader Meets Author" Morrissey dedicated a song to Julia Riley; saying something like, "This song is for Julia, who turned 100 a few days ago. She doesn't look it."

Satisfied?

11. Garry

Garry Guest

Re: who's Julia Riley? (N.M.)

is that '1 ball' Bobby Moore?

12. Re: how old is Julia?

She is as old as your...ZAP!!!.h-h--hh--uh hh hhhhhhh...h-h-hhhhhon...she is as OLD..ZAP!! ZAP!! ZAP!!

m-milk and h-honey-eycombs..ss...s....(drool)

13. Re: how old is Julia?

> this comes from Morrisseytour.com (Milan show):

> Before "Reader Meets Author" Morrissey dedicated a
    > song to Julia Riley; saying something like, "This song is
    > for Julia, who turned 100 a few days ago. She doesn't look
    > it."

> Satisfied?

you should have heard the irony in his voice when he said it though.

she is actually something like 41 years old. old enough to be my mom hahahahah!

the only thing that really bothers me about her is that she tends to jump the queue at the shows. it's really not fair for those who have been waiting all day, you know. otherwise she's a pretty quiet woman, although i have heard some FREAKY rumors about her. who knows if they're really true.

14. mrshoes

mrshoes Guest

Re: how old is Julia?..older than is right

> the only thing that really bothers me about her is that she
    > tends to jump the queue at the shows. it's really not fair for
    > those who have been waiting all day, you know. otherwise she's a
    > pretty quiet woman,

Yes, if you have been to many of the shows, which of course you have, then you very well have laid eyes upon her, likely without knowing it. One of the reasons is that she does in fact jump lines often or knows someone/everyone (mentioned earlier) up front to which she may gain access.

This is very true of those MorrisseyTour girls. Some rampant line-cutting if ever there was.....but in some way they feel justified due to there numerous appearances.

But hey, someone has to do it....

15. langtry

langtry Guest

in Julia Riley's defense

i've don't understand why anyone would dislike her as most of the people that have posted said that she is quiet, since she is quiet, how would anyone even know her? it takes strength to be gentle and kind. i do not know her and i doubt most of you who are saying stuff about her do! what's up with all this talk about her personal life about husband, money, and age? you don't know and asumptions and speculation can be hurtful if she reads this so why not write about something you know! how would you feel if it was your life being talked about?

16. Re: how old is Julia?

> you should have heard the irony in his voice when he said it
    > though.

> she is actually something like 41 years old. old enough to be my
    > mom hahahahah!

Yeah and Morrissey is old enough to be your Dad.

17. ulterior

ulterior Guest

Re: in Julia Riley's defense

What do you expect? somebody who goes to every single show and gets personally greeted by Morrissey is going to attract attention.

18. Front Row Selfishness

> Yes, if you have been to many of the shows, which of course you
    > have, then you very well have laid eyes upon her, likely without
    > knowing it. One of the reasons is that she does in fact jump
    > lines often or knows someone/everyone (mentioned earlier) up
    > front to which she may gain access.

> This is very true of those MorrisseyTour girls. Some rampant
    > line-cutting if ever there was.....but in some way they feel
    > justified due to there numerous appearances.

And my attitude is that they are being extremely selfish! After all, people like Julia and the MorrisseyTour girls have already been in the front on numerous occasions, but for many other people at the show, this may be the only show they're catching this tour or it may be the very first Moz show they've EVER seen - so why should the fortunate few who attend dozens of shows be granted the honor of the front row every single night? It's a supreme act of selfishness, and I don't think I could live with myself if I did that. But I guess there's a different mentality that effects people like that - for them, a Moz show is like a drug addiction. They have to have more and more and more. But I wish they'd think of their fellow fans once in awhile...

The Arcane Old Wardrobe
    [​IMG]

19. Re: out from under the rock i crawl...

>and she goes to *every* morrissey show because she is a rich lonley >widow and doesn't have to work

>she doesn't speak much and therefore doesn't reveal much about >herself, she doesn't write about herself in her zine either.

But she has mentioned that she is a rich lonely widow that doesn't have to work, right?

20. Re: in Julia Riley's defense

> What do you expect? somebody who goes to every single show and
    > gets personally greeted by Morrissey is going to attract
    > attention.

I think it's simple jealousy - nothing more, nothing less. People don't like Julia because they are jealous that she has the resources and time to be able to travel to every Moz show. I think it's great that she can do that, and I think she's an extremely nice person. I admire her solitude and her quiet nature. My only complaint - as I previously stated - is that she's being a bit selfish by insisting upon being in the front for every show. But it's an addiction, and I doubt that she can really help it. I do understand Mozmania, but I guess I'm a bit more considerate than that. But I do wish people would leave Julia alone. She's certainly never done a thing to deserve such disdain.

The Arcane Old Wardrobe
    [​IMG]