Julia Riley is the new one after that asian girl (plus Tina from Morrisseytour)

J

just me

isn't she?
that asian girl stalked The Smiths for the most part on their tours and now Julia does it. Is there any picture of her and what is her story anyway?
Fascinating this war between her and the Morrisseytour girls although i take it Julia knows f***all about them so it's very onesided.
Am i alone in thinking that Tina from Morrisseytour looks like an old junkie crack whore?
She's thin and looks very nasty like she wants to kill anyone in sight or something, i expect her to appear on some show after this tour has ended where the theme is:
"I'm a crack whore mom but now i'm a better person"

yeah, right!

Is the asian girl still on the scence?????I met her once in about 91-92 for about 35 seconds she seemed sound.

I think the Moz tour site is SHITE and the birds are a bunch of dogs to be honest.

Miss Riley should not be getting abuse thats for sure SHE HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG to warrant such jealous crap.

Where were the The Moz tour wuff wuffs 10 years ago?????

> isn't she?
> that asian girl stalked The Smiths for the most part on their tours and
> now Julia does it. Is there any picture of her and what is her story
> anyway?
> Fascinating this war between her and the Morrisseytour girls although i
> take it Julia knows f***all about them so it's very onesided.
> Am i alone in thinking that Tina from Morrisseytour looks like an old
> junkie crack whore?
> She's thin and looks very nasty like she wants to kill anyone in sight or
> something, i expect her to appear on some show after this tour has ended
> where the theme is:
> "I'm a crack whore mom but now i'm a better person"

> yeah, right!

I do not understand the obsession behind all of these issues? I mean, do you really care that much? It seems like a lot of people has some sort of irrational grudge against these people. I just don't get it. I will tell you that there are some people whom say that they do not like Julia beacuse she cuts in line at a lot of the shows to be up front. I myself, have never had a problem with her. She has in fact been only kind to me, and has helped me out before as well. I went to 12 of the shows on this latest tour, and I would get to the venues on the average of about 6:00am, because I have the whole "Front row or nothing" mentality when it comes to Moz shows. And most of the times at all of these shows, she was either there right before me, or right after me. Yes, she does worry about her spot in line, so at some gigs she started the "Number system" to assure the correct spots in line. Whether I find this a little extreem or not is not important, but this really bothered some people. To each their own I say. I can somewhat understand her worry, beacuse I have had MANY an experience where I was the 2-10th person in line for a show(ie., Palladium) and at the last minute, someone lets all of their friends whom just arrived at 7:00pm, in front of me. And I tell you, if that happens, they will feel the wrath. If you wanna get in the front row, get there at dawn like the rest of us. At least that's how it is most of the time at California shows.

As for the dotcom girls, I don't know them too well with the exception of one or too, so I can't have too much of an opinion there. All of the ones I have met have been super nice though, and I think that a lot of this anger towards them by some, relies on jealousy as well. I think a lot of people feel that they are sort of elitist in a way, but are not most of us? If you actually talk to some of them, they are pretty cool girls. And the funny thing is, I bet a lot of these people whom have nothing better to do than talk sh!t on them visit their site on a daily basis. That's what's funny!

And as for the "Asian Girl" you are probably speaking of Wendy or "Aurora George" as she is known to this site..... I did not see her this tour either, but who knows or cares why? Maybe her and Morrissey do not speak anymore? Maybe she has too much stuff to do in her life? Maybe she was really a pod-person? I don't know, but I have never really met her. I know many whom have, and some said she was horribly mean, some said she was very nice. There you go. Everyone's going to have a different opinion about everything. Sorry to rant, but I think it's so funny how these few people create so much drama among Moz fans. Why bother worrying about it I say? But who's gonna listen to me anyway? Lol.
Greg

I don't think they meant Wendy when they said that girl who 'stalked The Smiths', did they? I thought she was a friend of Morrissey's.
Did she used to travel with him? I didn't know people had met her at the shows. From what you've heard, what was she like?

Listen Up, People! So You Don't Have To Keep Calling Them "The Asian Chicks"...

The Japanese girl who used to follow the Smiths was called Oska. The girl who followed Morrissey in a similar fashion on the Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal tours was Winnie Wong. Winnie Wong introduced Wendy Wu To Morrissey on (I believe) the Your Arsenal tour. There is a rather sweet and touching account of this encounter in the fanzine Sing Your Life 3, Part 2. It is well worth seeking out since it was created by David Tseng and his partner-in-crime, Russ Seekatz. I believe that Julia Riley also wrote something for that issue.

Julia Riley is a very kind person who returns the kindness shown to her threefold, as I have found out from personal experience.

The girls from Morrisseytour.com seem earnest and well-intentioned. Following the tours has not been easy for them, and I think that it's commendable that they endeavor to bring first hand accounts of all the shows on the tour. Other sites have not been able to document each show in this way. Some of the photos they get are worth checking the site out for. If ever I had any grievance with the girls, it came from a tendency to hint at having knowledge of or seeing things that the average fan wouldn't--and then not telling. I have a real problem with that. If you know something and you're not going to share it, why bring up the fact that you know it? I followed another band around (The Church) and got to see all kinds of stuff that the average fan didn't get to see. At no time did I go back to The Church's mailing list and post, "I could tell you things that would turn you cross-eyed. It's too bad I can't!" mostly because I didn't want a bunch of fellow fans fantasizing about stabbing me in the eye with a fork. That kind of thing is really juvenile and unnecessary, and I'm glad to see that the Morrisseytour girls don't seem to be doing much of that on this tour. I have no other grievance with them, and I wish them all luck and safety.

Travel By Thought

Re: Listen Up, People! So You Don't Have To Keep Calling Them "The Asian Chicks"...

That's interesting, thanks for that. So Wendy started out as just a fan? Do you have a copy of the fanzine you mentioned? I would love to hear the story.

Re: Listen Up, People! So You Don't Have To Keep Calling Them "The Asian Chicks"...

I do, actually. I don't know if I should post anything from it without permission. I mean, it's not MY fanzine, and I didn't write it.
But, yes, I think it *is* interesting that Wendy started out as a fan, and her thoughts on being a fan are very similar to my own.

> That's interesting, thanks for that. So Wendy started out as just a fan?
> Do you have a copy of the fanzine you mentioned? I would love to hear the
> story.

Travel By Thought

Hmm, I wonder if David would mind, at least you would be posting it on his website. And you can't buy the fanzine anymore, so would be doing any harm?
Well, if you decide it would be okay to post a transcript, I would be really interested to read it. If not, could you maybe just paraphrase?

Thanks.

> Is the asian girl still on the scence?????I met her once in about 91-92
> for about 35 seconds she seemed sound.

I think you are talking about Winnie Wong.
She is no longer on the scene.

Okay, here it is...

I'm lifting out pieces from the essay, and I'll delete this if anyone has any objection to it being up here. From

"Initially The Obstacles Seemed Endless..." by Wendy Wu

"...On a positive note, though, I was able to catch Morrissey outside his hotel befroe the first Hollywood Bowl show. Although I can no longer count on my own two hands the number of times I have met Morrissey, I had never introduced myself so this time I mustered enough courage to say, 'Morrissey, my name is Wendy and I've met you before...' To this he smiled and replied, 'Yes, I know.' The rest is a blur, but I'll never forget that moment when he said he remembered me--I declared eternal happiness after this. But it took only a few short days for the glow to wear off and and for me to resume my usual doom and gloom attitude, attributing his remark to the kindness of his heart."

"Despite the abrupt ending of the first NYC show at the Limelight, we were well compensated the next day in the lobby of the hotel where Morrissey was staying. Returning from a mid-day visit with David Bowie in the studio, Moz walked in with Linder. This turned out to be the perfect and ideal encounter because nobody asked for autographs or photos--we simply stood in a circle in the middle of this hotel lobby and chatted very casually. Winnie introduced us to Moz and said we had flown in from Los Angeles, to which he self-effacingly replied, 'Oh, why?' as if he felt it genuinely peculiar that one should travel such a distance to see him. Moz stood there with his jeans and tousled hair, surrounded by the nine of us. He made sure to pay a bit of attention to each of us so as not to make it seem like he addressed only the six individuals who were following the entire tour, even though it was apparent that he felt very comfortable around them. Morrissey chatted with us for a good fifteen minutes, during which I said absolutely nothing--I merely stared at my hero the entire time except for the moments when he happened to direct his gaze at me, which made me look away. Yes, dumb move, I know, but my debilitating shyness is impossible to overcome. At one point, Moz looked at me and said, 'I saw your squashed face last night,' referring to the Limelight show. To this I replied a faint 'Oh, really?' so softly that I am sure he did not even hear me. Yes, another dumb move. But he did catch me off guard. I could not believe that he had noticed me at the show--Yes, I was near the stage, but I was crammed very tightly into a small corner beneath the toppling speakers, and rubbing violently against a splintering wooden railing. Nevertheless..."

"I remember clearly the early years of being a Morrissey fan, that unforgettable pain in wanting so desperately to meet him combined with the underlying dread of its impossibility; those feelings were constant companions to my already depressed state. I thought of him every minute of the day, when I went to sleep and when I woke, when I attended classes, when I washed the dishes--every minute! I was so unhappy because it seemed to taunt me, the more I wished to meet him the more my insignificance and helplessness flashed brightly in my face."

See? She's Wendy. She's not "that Asian girl" or "that Asian chick." Not very long ago, she was one of us and she felt all the same things that many of us do. And the Morrisseytour girls feel it and no doubt, Julia Riley feels it. We are all of us in the same boat--but some of us have grabbed hold of the oars! ;-)

Tara

Travel By Thought

Re: Okay, here it is...

Wow, thanks for posting that. Do you have any idea how she ended up becoming friends with him? What a lucky lucky girl. They were/have been friends for a while now, haven't they? I wonder if they still are, it seems no one has seen her for a bit. I hope if they're not he has someone else close to him in L.A., I know he always says he doesn't need friends, but it still makes me sad to think of him being all alone.
At least he seems happy these days.
I really am curious about Wendy though, how did she get close to him, what is she like? I don't care that people say she's mean to fans sometimes, I probably would be to if I were in that position, I think it's only natural to want to be protective of him.
Well thanks again for that story.

Re: Wow! I love reading those things.

Wow, thanks for that story. I have been unpacking my new house and I found the old box full of the zines for the late 80's/early 90's(Sing your life, Darkened Underpass, Morri'zine, Lucky Lisp, Easy to Laugh, etc.) but I could not find that one paticular issue of SYL. Very interesting POV from her account. I understand exactly whatshe means when she describes the fumbling for words, etc when she has met him, because I know from experience exactly how she feels. You think of the stuff you COULD have said, rather than the few unitelligable words you muttered, LOL. Well, whatever. Next time I run into him I think it will be quite different, at least hopefully..... Anything but like the first time I met him in 92' when I was 15, and completely broke down, and then his having him console me made me self-descruct into a bigger pile of mush than before. Special thanks to that girl with the video cam that filmed the whole thing. When I watch it to this day, I smile and cringe equally. On another note SYL was such a great zine. I do miss the old days of the DIY zines, before the net made everything easily accessable. I used the "Morrissey Manchester guide" in SYL on a trip to Manchester when I was 15. It was great and helped me locate all of the haunts: the Kings Rd. house, Iron bridge, St Mary's school, Salford lads, Southern Cemetry, etc. Thanks David, not just for the site, but everything you have done. It was great finally getting to know you during this last tour after all of these years.

Greg

Song of the day: "Slave To The Wage"-Placebo

YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS.

WOW. YOU HAVE ENTIRELY WAY TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS TO REMEMBER ALL OF THESE FACTS. GET A LIFE LOOZER!> The Japanese girl who used to follow the Smiths was called Oska. The girl
> who followed Morrissey in a similar fashion on the Kill Uncle and Your
> Arsenal tours was Winnie Wong. Winnie Wong introduced Wendy Wu To
> Morrissey on (I believe) the Your Arsenal tour. There is a rather sweet
> and touching account of this encounter in the fanzine Sing Your Life 3,
> Part 2. It is well worth seeking out since it was created by David Tseng
> and his partner-in-crime, Russ Seekatz. I believe that Julia Riley also
> wrote something for that issue.

> Julia Riley is a very kind person who returns the kindness shown to her
> threefold, as I have found out from personal experience.

> The girls from Morrisseytour.com seem earnest and well-intentioned.
> Following the tours has not been easy for them, and I think that it's
> commendable that they endeavor to bring first hand accounts of all the
> shows on the tour. Other sites have not been able to document each show in
> this way. Some of the photos they get are worth checking the site out for.
> If ever I had any grievance with the girls, it came from a tendency to
> hint at having knowledge of or seeing things that the average fan
> wouldn't--and then not telling. I have a real problem with that. If you
> know something and you're not going to share it, why bring up the fact
> that you know it? I followed another band around (The Church) and got to
> see all kinds of stuff that the average fan didn't get to see. At no time
> did I go back to The Church's mailing list and post, "I could tell
> you things that would turn you cross-eyed. It's too bad I can't!"
> mostly because I didn't want a bunch of fellow fans fantasizing about
> stabbing me in the eye with a fork. That kind of thing is really juvenile
> and unnecessary, and I'm glad to see that the Morrisseytour girls don't
> seem to be doing much of that on this tour. I have no other grievance with
> them, and I wish them all luck and safety.

Re: YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS.

> WOW. YOU HAVE ENTIRELY WAY TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS TO REMEMBER ALL OF
> THESE FACTS. GET A LIFE LOOZER!

I remember facts because I am brilliant. You criticize me because you are an ignorant berk. Now...do you think you can manage to remember that? Or is that too much? I can see what a horrible tribulation it was for you to remember how to spell 'loser' and I can't imagine why since it's a word you're probably quite used to being called by now, isn't it?

:)

Travel By Thought

> I remember facts because I am brilliant. You criticize me because you are
> an ignorant berk. Now...do you think you can manage to remember that? Or
> is that too much? I can see what a horrible tribulation it was for you to
> remember how to spell 'loser' and I can't imagine why since it's a word
> you're probably quite used to being called by now, isn't it?

> :)

Next time don't type the nose in your smiley and it will show up like this...

> Next time don't type the nose in your smiley and it will show up like
> this...

>

Thanks! You have just contributed to my brilliance! LOL!

Travel By Thought