Julia Riley haters unite and jump off a cliff.

She did not say "we". She clearly stated "I" am here to support you.

It's really not a big deal to me that he singles her out. It's a bit tired but whatever. As stated by others, I don't know her personally so i can't pass judgement one way or the other.

What I find a bit odd is how he continues to ask her the same thing over and over as if it's a duty.... "how are you?", etc. It's as if he only does it because he knows it puts people off which is what he has seemingly done a number of times over the years. I can appreciate the rock the boat mentality but in this case he puts one fan above the rest. Not sure I'm cool with that. No worries, though.

I didn't like when he said "you're just jealous". I kind of silently booed because I felt disapointed.

Julia should give up her front row position for some new fans (like myself) who have never seen the man play before. And Morrissey should at least not call people who are against Julia's involvment with the show "jealous" because many are not. Sure it's nice to see that he knows her, but it's very repetitive and kind of stale at this point. To me, that was probably the most pointless part of the whole night. It just doesn't fit in with the magical, emotional set list that he does....

Morrissey knows how it feels to be a poor teenager in love with certain musicians..I spent most of my college savings to get to that show. I'm not saying that he should have asked me what I had for breakfast and whether I'm ok with this or that....it's just sort of rude, in a sense, to call people who disagree with something "jealous".

I don't know where I'm going with this. I'll try to explain it better tomorrow. I just got home, and am hella tired.

I don't believe in preferential treatment, however many shows you may or may not go to. The Queen still shits a turd like the rest of us.

I didn't like when he said "you're just jealous". I kind of silently booed because I felt disapointed.

Julia should give up her front row position for some new fans (like myself) who have never seen the man play before. And Morrissey should at least not call people who are against Julia's involvment with the show "jealous" because many are not. Sure it's nice to see that he knows her, but it's very repetitive and kind of stale at this point. To me, that was probably the most pointless part of the whole night. It just doesn't fit in with the magical, emotional set list that he does....

Morrissey knows how it feels to be a poor teenager in love with certain musicians..I spent most of my college savings to get to that show. I'm not saying that he should have asked me what I had for breakfast and whether I'm ok with this or that....it's just sort of rude, in a sense, to call people who disagree with something "jealous".

I don't know where I'm going with this. I'll try to explain it better tomorrow. I just got home, and am hella tired.

even though i do agree with some of this, i dont really take the whole ordeal so seriously. i think its rude of people to call someone out who they dont personally know, then again it may be rude of morrissey to call everyone jealous (which i know i am, jsut a tad) but i still just had a laugh at it all, cheered when it was over, and live my life as i wish and let others live theirs as they wish. who cares.

When he asked Julia for her opinion of the boo-ers and moo-ers, she was responded with nothing but class.

May I ask what exactly happened at that moment? What did Moz say so that the crowd boo-ed and what did Julia say?

I'm really sick of the Julia-discussion. I can't hear it any more.

Did no one notice it's just a secret game between Moz and Julia? First it started with comments from Moz with questions about the comfort of Julia and then he started to give her the mic to get responds from her and so it gets more and more from concert to concert. And the ones who booing at the concert are falling for that little game. Inwardly Moz and Julia are laughing about these bad reactions.

Take it or leave it, this game. I know they're playing with all our emotions because we all love Moz. But I think it's better not to long for acknowledgement from someone who's not even really part of our private life.

I'm really worried because this Julia thing is really escalating. I hope it doesn't end bad for Julia because of envious fans who want to harm her.

How did Mot sing in "I like you"?

They look at you and I, and
Envy makes them cry, Envy makes them cry

Don't cry.

It is getting annoyiong that he has to name check/single julia out EVERY gig,
you know shes there so just get on with it...

I think the booing etc is just mean though, what everyoen should do is just YAWN LOUDLY and start fiddling with their clothing as if theyve totally lost interest, we'd only need to do it once or twice and he'd soon shutup.
LOL

Many fans seem to think that Julia has become one of Mozzer's close friends simply through turning her devotion into something concrete (magazine, website, constant presence at his shows). Ask yourself, would Morrissey (the man who famously claimed to have only 7 friends) really allow a fan to get that close to him?
He acknowledges her presence because she's a non threatening obsessed fan, and because he thinks her website is a good platform for his career; it is, because it is open for him to say exactly what he wants, when he wishes and it will promote without agenda or consequence. However, he does not have secret meetings with her backstage, he does not sit with her in hotel bars and he certainly doesn't have her round his house for tea. He relies on the devotion of people like her to keep his fanbase fanatical; I think he believes that we should go through her to get to him, and it does work, like when her website gave us the opportunity to ask him questions, or when people give her letters for him (which I've seen them do at shows).
If he keeps her sweet with the odd comment at shows then that's his business, and I think he's right, the boo-ers are jealous, or else why do they care? I don't begrudge her a place at the front because 9 times out of 10 through sheer determination, I've found myself there also; you just have to be prepared to spend nearly two hours standing, waiting for Moz.
For the record I've met Julia once or twice and she's a very shy, very sweet lady, what she does fascinates me, and I think it fascinates Morrissey that someone could be that devoted to him. Those boos and comments must hurt a sensitive person like her, but I think the attention of Morrissey more than makes up for that. I see the whole affair this way, she must really need this in her life and need it more than most; as much as I love Morrissey (and I love him intensely and incessantly) I don't think I'd be so devoted, even if I had the resources, because I'd know that his attentions could never be returned in the way that I'd want them to be. Long may he continue to acknowledge her; she's become as much a fixture of his gigs as the band have.

Bottom line, just leave the poor woman alone. Along w/ others such as Paul, etc. I mean, sheesh, what have they done so hurtful to you? People have to STOP being so judgemental by someone when they especially if they haven't even met and been in a full conversation w/ the person to get a possible insight.

It's like grow up and get a life already... be happy for the people that Morrissey addresses, that makes us more "tangible" as people to him and the world in general.

The review said that when Moz introduced Ms. Riley, the audience chanted, "c***, c***, c***". That is awful.

They did that??? Oh my god! This is the worst thing I ever read!! I'm really disappointed and ashamed. Unbelievable. There's nothing more to say.

ok so i have a question, has anyone ever tried to get at Julia?...i mean i know shes not as young as you or I, but wouldn't it be worth it?

Back
Top Bottom