Judge John Weeks dead (April 2021)

Excerpt:

His Honour John Weeks QC​

It is with much regret that we report that Master Weeks (His Honour John Weeks QC) sadly died on the Easter weekend, aged 82. The Inn’s flag will fly at half-mast on Monday 19 April 2021, in his memory.

Master Weeks was called to the Bar in 1963 and took Silk in 1983. In 1991 he was appointed a circuit judge on the Western Circuit and as a Chancery Circuit judge in 1997 until his retirement in 2006.

He was elected a Judicial Governing Bencher in 1996.

Details of any funeral and/or memorial service will be circulated as appropriate in due course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike's lawyers did not go after Morrissey's mums house. They went after assets that Morrissey had bought - which included 2 houses - one he put in his sister's name and the other put in his mum's name. As soon as that was established, the lawyers could not do a thing and therefore "Morrissey's mum's house" was not targeted.
WTF? he went after house Moz mum owned but
did not target Moz mum house :lbf:
is this FH Mike rehearsing a comedy act?
youre better off scamming skinny :lbf:
for free chinese buffets:hammer:

I think I read somewhere once that Morrissey conceded a large part of the royalties from Rank for including The Draize Train on it, so Marr got more. Which is pertinent re the topic.
Which is correct.
It wouldn't have been a large part though.
There were 14 songs, so they would have got 50% each for 13 and Johnny 100% for one.
They may have also had to hand some royalties over to whoever wrote "Marie's the name..."

Unless Marr wrote it on another instrument, then yeah, most likely
guitar came first.

How do you know Marr only showed Andy a ‘basic chord progression’?

We don’t know what The Smiths could have sounded like with a different rhythm section, maybe much better. It’s all, what if.

Well, bringing ‘catchy parts to the table’ only comes second, possibly third, when compared to Marr’s visionary writing and very important drive.

well a lot of the smiths guitar parts are dubbed which you do in the studio after the drums and bass are there. Some of the songs in part are strummed with not a lot else. Marr has I believe stated that he didnt write Andy’s lines (his Reddit ama has him saying Andy’s baselines are 100% his) and I believe he’s also stated that people will come up to him about a part they like and that he’ll tell them that it me actually the bass there hearing. I don’t know what they would have sounded like with some other bassist and sure it could have been great (which is arguable about all of them I suppose in a case of what it’s) but I don’t think Andy was as replaceable as fans think he is or was if those fans wanted more of the same as I think Andy’s part to the songs are a big part of there appeal. Even just a quick google search showed how many places are talking about the smiths baselines.

So if Joe was so much for Johnny, why didn't he ensure Johnny got his just rewards and ensure everything was written down in ink? It didn't matter if Morrissey got the same as long as Johnny got his share....
You are simply an anonymous (literally) poster trying to rewrite history with guessing and here say.
Joe Moss was good friends with Johnny Marr even before The Smiths were famous. You can ask Johnny Marr directly yourself if he was good friends with Joe Moss if you want. Joe Moss has died now.

Please read Johnny Marr's book and Morrissey's Autobiography for the truth about the court case with Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke. Also see the "Following the Mozziah" Blog.

I think Billy Duffy from "The Cult" was mutual friends with Johnny Marr and Morrissey but they might of had other mutual friends before they became famous.

Joe Moss was just another person trying to get money out of Morrissey. You can tell by the things Joe Moss said that he didn't like Morrissey for whatever reason and he didn't respect him. Joe Moss had a real love and respect for Johnny Marr.

Craig Gannon was the one who first gave Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke the idea of the court case and sueing Morrissey and Johnny Marr.

Please also see the books by Simon Wolstencroft and Dale Hibbert as they are interesting and will give you some idea of the early days of The Smiths before they were famous.

Joe Moss was good friends with Johnny Marr even before The Smiths were famous. You can ask Johnny Marr directly yourself if he was good friends with Joe Moss if you want. Joe Moss has died now.

Please read Johnny Marr's book and Morrissey's Autobiography for the truth about the court case with Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke. Also see the "Following the Mozziah" Blog.

I think Billy Duffy from "The Cult" was mutual friends with Johnny Marr and Morrissey but they might of had other mutual friends before they became famous.

Joe Moss was just another person trying to get money out of Morrissey. You can tell by the things Joe Moss said that he didn't like Morrissey for whatever reason and he didn't respect him. Joe Moss had a real love and respect for Johnny Marr.

Craig Gannon was the one who first gave Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke the idea of the court case and sueing Morrissey and Johnny Marr.

Please also see the books by Simon Wolstencroft and Dale Hibbert as they are interesting and will give you some idea of the early days of The Smiths before they were famous.
I know all of that and have read each and every book mentioned. Not sure what your point is.

WTF? he went after house Moz mum owned but
did not target Moz mum house :lbf:
is this FH Mike rehearsing a comedy act?
youre better off scamming skinny :lbf:
for free chinese buffets:hammer:
Try reading my message again but this time with your eyes open. They went after Morrissey's assets (which they were entitled to). It was known he had bought property so naturally (and rightly) went after them - until they discovered he had put the properties in his mum's and sister's names and the claim against the properties ended right there. So they didn't "go after Morrissey's mum's home".

I've yet to see you offer up anything insightful in the way of enhancing anybody's knowledge or understanding of either. Your grasp of the nuancies of songwriting is naive to say the least.

Neither did you. The difference between us is that I wasn't trying to; I was just pointing out how ludicrous your assertion is.

Try reading my message again but this time with your eyes open. They went after Morrissey's assets (which they were entitled to). It was known he had bought property so naturally (and rightly) went after them - until they discovered he had put the properties in his mum's and sister's names and the claim against the properties ended right there. So they didn't "go after Morrissey's mum's home".
:lbf:

FH you went after Moz assets but targeted an asset of Moz mum:lbf:?
are you broke again? forget about moz moms house🥸
try a job:hammer:

Attachments

• tilezoom.jpg
    tilezoom.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 0
Neither did you. The difference between us is that I wasn't trying to; I was just pointing out how ludicrous your assertion is.

Ah, I see, so you admit that you weren't trying to offer up any insight and that you simply wanted to express your opinion. Fair enough.

FH you went after Moz assets but targeted an asset of Moz mum:lbf:?
are you broke again? forget about moz moms house🥸
try a job:hammer:
What is FH?
OK so let's try this one more time.

2 legal bods sat in a room
1st one "Moz bought 2 houses"
2nd one "OK find out where they are and we will go for them"
Next day
1st one "I found out the houses are not in Morrissey's name but that of his mother and sister"
2nd one "good work, so thats the end of that line"

You see how it works? They didn't go after her house.

:straightface:
What is FH?
OK so let's try this one more time.

2 legal bods sat in a room
1st one "Moz bought 2 houses"
2nd one "OK find out where they are and we will go for them"
Next day
1st one "I found out the houses are not in Morrissey's name but that of his mother and sister"
2nd one "good work, so thats the end of that line"

You see how it works? They didn't go after her house.
FFS the property records had Moz mum all along, quit acting like you didnt want to grab and sell it FH(n)
you ll go to any length to avoid a proper job:hammer:

well a lot of the smiths guitar parts are dubbed which you do in the studio after the drums and bass are there. Some of the songs in part are strummed with not a lot else. Marr has I believe stated that he didnt write Andy’s lines (his Reddit ama has him saying Andy’s baselines are 100% his) and I believe he’s also stated that people will come up to him about a part they like and that he’ll tell them that it me actually the bass there hearing. I don’t know what they would have sounded like with some other bassist and sure it could have been great (which is arguable about all of them I suppose in a case of what it’s) but I don’t think Andy was as replaceable as fans think he is or was if those fans wanted more of the same as I think Andy’s part to the songs are a big part of there appeal. Even just a quick google search showed how many places are talking about the smiths baselines.

Im just saying that I’m sure Marr
shows Andy more than just the basic chords, and when they’re all jamming out the song for the first time I’m sure Andy’s changing the bass line working it out to Marr’s approval. Andy doesn’t come in with
the bass lines first (however great they are) Andy is being inspired and following Marr’s vision.

Different rhythm section? who knows? it could have been better.

Funnily enough that reminds me of a time, long ago, that a friend of mine (at the time) told me Vini Reilly played on Viva Hate. I didn’t even know who he was…said friend was disgusted with me!

Or that so & so produced a certain album. I mean, it’s quite interesting I suppose,

but how many people really care about these things? Maybe I’m just ignorant though. A bit like red wine, I’ve never been able to do all that tasting routine, ‘hints of spices etc’. If it tastes good, that’s enough for me!

That’s all that matters my friend.
These music nerd bullies can’t even tell the difference between a fine red wine and Red Bull anyway. :thumb:

I'd advise you don't waste your time and energy trying to have a rational conversation with Vegan Cro, still less trying to make any sense of the random nonsense that he posts.
Thanks. You just saved me bothering further.
What does FH he kept referring to mean?

:rolleyes:
2 legal bodies? :straightface:
one here one there like a fairy tale?
FH you thought you wanted to get the house
but when you were estopped by the law you made
up this bizarre story full of imaginary 'bodies'.
You knew full well that was Moz mums house:hammer:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom