Judge John Weeks dead (April 2021)

Excerpt:

His Honour John Weeks QC​

It is with much regret that we report that Master Weeks (His Honour John Weeks QC) sadly died on the Easter weekend, aged 82. The Inn’s flag will fly at half-mast on Monday 19 April 2021, in his memory.

Master Weeks was called to the Bar in 1963 and took Silk in 1983. In 1991 he was appointed a circuit judge on the Western Circuit and as a Chancery Circuit judge in 1997 until his retirement in 2006.

He was elected a Judicial Governing Bencher in 1996.

Details of any funeral and/or memorial service will be circulated as appropriate in due course.

Last edited by a moderator:
MC 'eulogy' in 3..2..1...

Sad news, a great man who spotted in Morrissey what we all found out later.

R.I.P.

MC 'eulogy' in 3..2..1...

MC Eulogy sounds like it could be Morrissey’s rapper moniker

Deviou§, Truculent and Unreliable

The hot new single from MC Eulogy feat. A$AP Rocky*

Out Now 🔥

Birdie.jpg

(Cover art not final)

*25% of proceeds to be donated to the Joyce Foundation, a charity providing Legal Aid for drummers in need

Yep.

“devious, truculent, and unreliable”

:lbf::rock::thumb:

And we wouldn’t want him any other way !

VIVA MOZ !!!

VIVA BONFIRE !!!

:cool:

What if the judge had decided in favor of Morrissey and Marr - would the Smiths have got back together at some point?

Devious, truculent and unreliable…

for what exactly? He and Marr DID deserve more than split 4 ways equal royalties

I’ve never understood how Mike and Andy thought they deserve equal share of Smiths money

how could a judge think they do ? Other than being clueless
904C6426-7193-4E0B-A918-0D966FB1C7C2.jpeg
225446FB-9ED3-4DFE-870A-6FB9B6B634BC.png

Last edited:
Devious, truculent and unreliable…

for what exactly? He and Marr DID deserve more than split 4 ways equal royalties

I’ve never understood how Mike and Andy thought they deserve equal share of Smiths money

how could a judge think they do ? Other than being clueless
So 4 of you play a gig. You'd expect 25%
4 of you do a TV appearance. You'd expect 25%
T shirt sales (a shirt with all 4 of you on it) you would expect 25%

I dont see how any other % could be used between 4 members of a band.

Baring royalties everything else should have been 25%

So 4 of you play a gig. You'd expect 25%
4 of you do a TV appearance. You'd expect 25%
T shirt sales (a shirt with all 4 of you on it) you would expect 25%

I dont see how any other % could be used between 4 members of a band.

Baring royalties everything else should have been 25%
Morrissey and Marr were the band - they wrote the songs, had the ideas, were the original members, did the interviews etc. Sure, Rourke and Joyce contributed, but no where near equal to M & M.
If you can’t see that, then we are at an impasse..

Morrissey and Marr were the band - they wrote the songs, had the ideas, were the original members, did the interviews etc. Sure, Rourke and Joyce contributed, but no where near equal to M & M.

If you cannot see that the notion that in the recording studio, at rehearsals, at gigs, that Morrissey and Marr considered their work to be worth four times that of Rourke's and Joyce's is ridiculously unfair then you are indeed at an impasse.

Last edited by a moderator:
And they got their reward with song writing royalties.
If they wanted more then they should have had it in writing. They didn't and the court ruled against them. Twice.

While I do have some sympathy for Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke, it was obviously never about an honest re-assessment of the dynamic of the band. These lawsuits never really are. They're about testing the limits of what one can get away with. Joyce was broke and spoke to a lawyer who felt confident that they could win. The emotional weight of his playing on "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" or whatever is neither here nor there.

And they got their reward with song writing royalties.
If they wanted more then they should have had it in writing. They didn't and the court ruled against them. Twice.

So if they had it in writing instead of
spoken agreement, you’d be alright with it?

So if they had it in writing instead of
spoken agreement, you’d be alright with it?
If is written (and signed / dated) it is evidence that all parties are in agreement and there is no debate, no debate, no debate....
So of course if all parties are happy that is fine by me

If is written (and signed / dated) it is evidence that all parties are in agreement and there is no debate, no debate, no debate....
So of course if all parties are happy that is fine by me

interesting. Ok.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom