Joyce: Morrissey's curse failed

The most important aspiration in Joyce Michael's life?
To play the Smiths songs once more with Marr and/or Moz.
The one thing he'll never do again?
You guessed it!

Maybe the curse manifested itself in the form of his huge ears?...just a thought!

hahahaha...well, i think that resembling a half-Frankenstein, half-poor excuse for a human being was a good enough sign that well...things aren't that great!

i think morrissey's curse worked out fine. the only thing joyce ever appears in is Morrissey/Smiths related anyway.

Joyce is a talentless leech wanker, who was at the right place, at the right time, and well, now settles for being a DJ......and nothing more. Pitty.

Hang the DJ.

I love Joyce's drumming, especially recently and especially on Strangeways. I really enjoy his parts in Death Of A Disco Dancer.

joyce in my mind was a sum of parts , its easy to hate and make comment but at the end of the day he was a smith and thats why we are all here isnt it .

for the smiths to exist you need all the parts (and gannon for the banter)

i have to disagree- morrissey was the smiths. without morrissey, they would have been...well....electronics? vaguely memorable, without a cult status, just there, following what is being done by other musicians.

Joyce is a talentless leech wanker, who was at the right place, at the right time, and well, now settles for being a DJ......and nothing more. Pitty.

Hang the DJ.

I think if he was 'talentless' he would not have subsequently played drums for Buzzcocks, PIL, Sinead O' Conner, Pete Wylie etc etc etc.
As for right time right place, that could be said of Morrissey when Johnny went a knocking on his door.....
leech wanker? Well not one but two judges said he was entitled to the money. Why were they both wrong?

Jukebox Jury

I think if he was 'talentless' he would not have subsequently played drums for Buzzcocks, PIL, Sinead O' Conner, Pete Wylie etc etc etc.
As for right time right place, that could be said of Morrissey when Johnny went a knocking on his door.....
leech wanker? Well not one but two judges said he was entitled to the money. Why were they both wrong?

Jukebox Jury

The law was on Joyce's side but IMO he knew fine well that he was not entitled to any more cash.

Jukebox Jury

He does have really big ears though!;)

Hope all is well with you Jukebox?...not long till Aug 16th now!...can't wait!:)

The law was on Joyce's side but IMO he knew fine well that he was not entitled to any more cash.

Eh?

The law was applied and,therefore, he WAS entitled to the cash
Morrissey was the one that came out of it badly not Joyce

Eh?

The law was applied and,therefore, he WAS entitled to the cash
Morrissey was the one that came out of it badly not Joyce

What I meant was that Joyce knew he could squeeze more cash out of Morrissey and Marr, but if he had been a gentleman he would not have done so.

First of all, I agree that the royalties should have been equal among ALL sides.
Whether the other two supposedly had no writing credit or not.

My question is, *how* did these two go on for YEARS and not even be aware of the fact that they were not getting equal royalties from Moz and Marr?
What was their argument?
That A.) during the years that the band was still together, they 'thought' or were lead to believe by Moz and Marr that Moz and Marr were both also getting just 20%? and that the rest was going to other stuff relating to the band (equip, etc)?
or B.) that they didn't even know how much they were receiving?

And 'when' did they supposedly come to the realization that Moz and Marr were getting more? Directly after the breakup? or 10 years later?

This whole thing is honestly confusing, and I hear 3 different things each time.

By no means do I support how Moz acted about the whole thing during the court thing, or so from what I hear, but still something doesn't make much sense and sounds suspicious to me on Rourke and Joyce's end of this.

that's not called being at the right place at the right time when someone cames knocking at your door.

Well Morrissey could have been out / away on holiday / moved elsewhere and as a result Johnny went looking elsewhere.
Johnny may not have bumped into Billy Duffy on the occasion he said he was looking for a singer / lyricist and could have had someone else recommended to him by someone else.

Morrissey would probably (or arguably) still be in his bedroom now if that hadn't happened, therefore he was in the right place at the right time. In my opinion, of course:)

Jukebox Jury

Another fact is that he was also an important ingredient to The Smiths.

Not really, they would have been just as good without his drumming. In any case I'm not really interested in the opinion of people who are 'pals' with the guy like you and Jukebox Jury. Vested interest and all that...

Back
Top Bottom