Josie Jones (Big Hard Excellent Fish) has gone

RIP.

[video]https://youtu.be/3h1ehKMe_4M[/video]

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="pt"><p>My beautiful bezzie &amp; ex partner in crime Josie Jones <a href="https://twitter.com/BHExcellentFish">@BHExcellentFish</a> has gone. Heartbroken here.
Love+WAH! Forever.
<a href="http://t.co/fzjTlObFBS">http://t.co/fzjTlObFBS</a></p>&mdash; Pete Wylie (@petewylie) <a href="https://twitter.com/petewylie/status/581793591221174272">28 março 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Pete Wylie (The Mighty Wah!/ Big Hard Excellent Fish) has Tweeted that Josie Jones, the vocalist on 'Imperfect List' has gone. www.bighardexcellentfish.com. Bloody hell. Too soon. Way too soon.

Josie Jones RIP
- Irish Times
The woman behind Big Hard Excellent Fish passes away

Liverpool musician Pete Wylie heartbroken after death of The Mighty Wah! performer Josie Jones - Liverpool Echo. Link posted by David T (different).

josiejones.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god it was commissioned for a Michael Clarke "piece"? Now I know why it is so shit. I was saw him "perform"one of his "pieces" and the audience were literally crying with joy at it and I just thought, "These people are mad". Contemporary dance is useless. Shame the woman died though and she will be best remembered for a piece of musical rubbish.

Oh god it was commissioned for a Michael Clarke "piece"? Now I know why it is so shit. I was saw him "perform"one of his "pieces" and the audience were literally crying with joy at it and I just thought, "These people are mad". Contemporary dance is useless. Shame the woman died though and she will be best remembered for a piece of musical rubbish.

"Imperfect List" is a pretty powerful and emotive work which Josie Jones articulated brilliantly. Morrissey sees that. Most of his audience see that. Provocatively and importantly it ends with "Where were you?"

Re: Josie Jones of Big Hard Excellent Fish/"Imperfect List" has died

I presume she did a different version of this song with Manchester themes that was featured on the opening of _Who Put the "M" in Manchester_?

Cause of death?

Josie Jones, whose Imperfect List has opened Morrissey gigs since 2004, has sadly died.

"Jeremy 'Wanker' Clarkson" features.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-musician-pete-wylie-heartbroken-8940589

Last edited by a moderator:

I always liked the musical atmosphere of the track; surprised to learn it was "recorded" by Robin Guthrie. Brings Moz closer to the Cocteau Twins than anything would, I suppose...

Life's sharpest corners are turned, and Jake finally allows someone to sap his vitality. 'You've met your match for the first time,' his close friend Josie tells him.

I presume she did a different version of this song with Manchester themes that was featured on the opening of _Who Put the "M" in Manchester_?

Cause of death?

There are I think four or five versions all in all.

Very sad news to wake up to on a Sunday morning. I followed her on Twitter, she followed back and retweeted something or other I wrote. Pretty tenuous to mention that here, I know, but I was pretty chuffed at the time.

Did anybody know they got back together and made a new track akin to 'Imperfect List' a couple of years ago? It's called 'And So the Question Remains'

Like many on here, I only discovered Imperfect List through Morrissey's use of it. It remains an incredibly powerful piece of music, and I will listen to it this evening in her memory. Thanks Josie.

There won't be a dry eye in the house back stage when it plays before the show tonight, that's for sure. :tears:

Bonnie Langford should not be on that list. She can dance Michael Clark off the planet.

Mozzies mate Russ B went to the same stage school as Bonnie, but he will be too busy raising his profile in the dire political arena of our great country!

Was Jake involved in Big Hard Excellent Fish?

Red sock in the white washing always comes to mind when I'm loading up the washing machine

Was Jake involved in Big Hard Excellent Fish?

Red sock in the white washing always comes to mind when I'm loading up the washing machine
Apparently he was, though I haven't been able to find much detail about his involvement.

This is from the liner notes of the Who Put the M in Manchester? DVD:

"Track 1 written by Walters/Jones/Way. Published by Roynet Music (ASCAP)/Westbury Music Ltd./Universal-Polygram Int., Inc. OBO Call This Music (ASCAP). Performed by Big Hard Excellent Fish. Master Licensed by One Little Indian/Jake Walters/Josie Jones."

Life's sharpest corners are turned, and Jake finally allows someone to sap his vitality. 'You've met your match for the first time,' his close friend Josie tells him.

Thanks for posting that Anon. I hadn't realised that Josie was mentioned in "Autobiography".

BTW, reading the sleeve notes of the Mighty Wah!'s "Handy Wah Whole" (Andy Warhol), I see that Pete Wylie says he wrote the 'Sinful' list but he then decided that a song that was less specific would be better, so he wrote "Sinful" (1986). The list was re-used for 'Imperfect List'

There is a 'Positive' version of Imperfect List called "Don't Lose Your Dreams"

Last edited:

She was my friend and you are a philistine c***. Not because I loved her. Not because I like or dislike contemporary dance. But because only a philstine would make such an ignorant sweeping generalisation, and only a c*** would actually think to broadcast such tasteless gobshite opinions. The classy thing to do would have been to not bother to mention it. So you are a philistine c*** with no class. Its proof of a godless universe when someone as wonderful and special and divine as Josie could be dead, while a useless philistine c*** with no class like you gets to live. I hope you know how f***ing appalling you are.

She was my friend and you are a philistine c***. Not because I loved her. Not because I like or dislike contemporary dance. But because only a philstine would make such an ignorant sweeping generalisation, and only a c*** would actually think to broadcast such tasteless gobshite opinions. The classy thing to do would have been to not bother to mention it. So you are a philistine c*** with no class. Its proof of a godless universe when someone as wonderful and special and divine as Josie could be dead, while a useless philistine c*** with no class like you gets to live. I hope you know how f***ing appalling you are.

Not to split hairs and you have every right to voice this opinion of your friend, but you can't prove a godless universe and refer to your friend as divine in the same sentence.

The part of philistine c*** will now be played by crystal geezer...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom