Jonah Hill is best friends with Morrissey (anecdote) - Tonight Show / Jimmy Fallon

As some one that grew up in the 90's around skater culture...believe it or not the Smith's and morrissey were huge in that community.
Really? Because where I come from, Skaters were more apt to listen to bands like Op Ivy and Slayer, and made merciless fun of people who liked Morrissey.

Fek reckon. When lil' Sammy was a weeee lad skating around Malibu and Santa Monica with Jack Osbourne, reckon his dream was to be a professional skater. Reckon ever reckon why lil' Sammy is obsessed with Supreme? What you anti-American terrorist wackos here don't realize and will never accept is that Air Steve is American and was born in LA.

I just went out my front door and walked into the middle of my street and shouted SKINNYS BACK all my neighbours opened their windows and started clapping,thats the power of skinflint.

Really? Because where I come from, Skaters were more apt to listen to bands like Op Ivy and Slayer, and made merciless fun of people who liked Morrissey.

Then it must be where you came from.

Not true elsewhere, from my experience.

To make it clear, whoever it was who said skater culture has no interest in Moz - you've just been merked.

Morrissey had some cred in some punk circles in the nineties especially the mid to late nineties. People skating to jawbreaker could for sure be listening to some morrissey. Also slayer ain’t punk. Funny enough he did go see rancid who was in operation ivy

And just to clarify further - that video is in no way a validation of AztecCamera's insane babbling (he'll be along in a minute I'm sure), just an example of how the skater culture isn't completely oblivious to Morrissey's music.

He referred to Moz as "The Boss". For a split second I thought he was talking about Springsteen. To me, Morrissey is the best singer in the world, but I'd never think of him as "The Boss". I guess it's just an expression. I wonder what the song is. Reckon it has to be one of the better known songs like Everyday. There is a character called Sunny but that would be too much of a niche song I reckon. I wonder if it will even be a song from the mid 90's. You'd hope so!
Would be great if it was Seasick Yet Still Docked or Used To Be A Sweetboy.

He referred to Moz as "The Boss". For a split second I thought he was talking about Springsteen. To me, Morrissey is the best singer in the world, but I'd never think of him as "The Boss". I guess it's just an expression. I wonder what the song is. Reckon it has to be one of the better known songs like Everyday. There is a character called Sunny but that would be too much of a niche song I reckon. I wonder if it will even be a song from the mid 90's. You'd hope so!

He’s the mozfather which I guess could be the equivilant of the boss. My moneys on a song like the more you ignore

I thought the same about the boss comment,its we ll let you know,someone posted a quote earlier about someone who was at at an early screening and said it was the thing that stuck in his mind about the film.

To make it clear, whoever it was who said skater culture has no interest in Moz - you've just been merked.
Hardly. That video is current. ...and like music - present day, millenial skateboard culture bears ZERO resemblance to that which once was. Much like Morrissey's pale, bloated, over-entitled current state.

Suicidal Tendencies, Dinosaur Jr., RHCP, Black Flag, Sonic Youth. Those are the bands you've heard of that most skaters listened to at the apex of skate culture. I like them all. I like a lot of music.

...but the boys at the ramp in 1987 laughed at me for wearing my Queen is Dead t-shirt and called me a f***** for liking the Smiths.

I got mocked out.
They got knocked out.

You're perfectly entitled to froth at the mouth over this comment and mark it as trolling. ...but that only illustrates the already well known fact that NONE of you were there. None of you lippy little twits have a f***ing clue. Most of you weren't even born.

Put a sock in it.

The level of web-educated, ass-talking, couch-dwelling, shit-stain garbage around here is f***ing hysterical.

I wonder if Jonah knew Moz personally through Brand?

Not a great recommendation.
Both host and Hill come across as insincere guys utilising their best acting skills to appear "nice".
And what's with the :rock:?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom