Johnny with Girls Aloud

it's not like he's joined Hitler's backing band.

after the 'eat my own testicles' quote, i think that'd be one hypocrisy too many - even for hitler.

england for the english.

The last three or four singles have been fantastic things. Strong melodies, great singing, and some of the words are pretty good too.

The sad fact is that the quality of these songs is way above much recent Moz fare like Father Must Be Killed and That's How People Grow Up, but just try telling that to an NME-reading indie snob!

Top marks to Mr J Maher (of Wythenshawe) for getting involved.
I agree wholeheartedly!

Uhhhh

after the 'eat my own testicles' quote, i think that'd be one hypocrisy too many - even for hitler.

england for the english.

HIM, this thread is about Johnny's collaboration with Girls Aloud, nothing to do with Morrissey.

Johnny didn't say "eat my own testicles", dummy. :p

You mean they don't write their own songs?:eek:

Jukebox Jury
They have co-written some songs such as, "Thank Me Daddy", "I Say a Prayer For You", "100 Different Ways", "Hear Me Out", "Big Brother" and "Sexy! No, no, no...".

Not at all. Fair enough, Marr's a canny businessman and he knows how to boost his income, but who he works with has become so indiscriminate that it's unfair to expect Smiths fans to automatically embrace every artist who writes him a cheque.

It would be ridiculous to expect that he expects anything like that. It's possible that he sees himself as a person and not an image that was fixed in the 1980's.

Anyway, it HAS to be better than Modest Mouse.

Why have people got a problem with this?

He's a gunslinger for hire and has never been shy about it.

He's cool. Girls Aloud are cool.

As Louis Walsh Would say: I like it.

Pet Shop Boys were recording their own album with the Xenomania team the same time as the latter were producing the Girls Aloud album, so that's definitely the connection as Johnny's on the PSB one too. Though I wonder which came first, as the PSB song written for GA (new single The Loving Kind) doesn't feature Johnny.

Pet Shop Boys were recording their own album with the Xenomania team the same time as the latter were producing the Girls Aloud album, so that's definitely the connection as Johnny's on the PSB one too. Though I wonder which came first, as the PSB song written for GA (new single The Loving Kind) doesn't feature Johnny.
Thanks for a logical/organic reason as to how JM recorded with GA. :)

girls aloud are a brilliant "pop" band ! They are to pop what sandie and cilla and all those other 60's pop icons were in morrisseys childhood ! they don't write the songs , granted but neither did elvis / sinatra . Their new album is really good .. honestly . don't be so f***in snobby .. its just pop music ! good on ya mr marr !!

Just heard the song Johnny did - not a patch on 'How Does It Feel....', personally. 'Sound Of The Underground' is still their best moment.

Tags
the bigger my horn gets the more you quote me
Back
Top Bottom