Johnny vegan Marr making money off the skin of dead animals ?

ZOOM FROM GLOOM

LASCIATE OGNI SPERANZA!

:unsure: :(:(:(:(

He's not going to eat the shoes is he? He also doesn't tell other people what to eat or wear.

It's not the first time Johnny's done this - he had some designer leather shoes out before: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=07/05/17/1538239

I get the feeling Johnny follows a vegan diet, but clearly isn't 'fully vegan'. It's disappointing, but people are only human and I'll be charitable and hope someone can politely educate him about what being vegan means and persuade him to go the full monty. Let's not forget Morrissey has had similar issues in the past with wearing leather footwear, and of course his famous love of Kerrygold.

:unsure:

totally unexpected, a top bloke, and philanthropist AND philosopher
endorsing and wearing leather shoewear:confused:
PAIR AFTER PAIR HUNDREDS OF PAIRS!!
'i have a couple mates who have retail shops'doh:
'i have a couple of mates that study comets'doh:
HE NEEDED EXTRA LEATHER FOOTWEAR for his 2018 4 date smallish
venue 'tour':hammer:
and lost the one pair crowd surfing lucky he had that extra leather footwear
from yogi leather footwear.:pray:

and the endorsement 🍞?
were did it go, you ask?
one place we know it didnt go was: Ukraine :(
Vegas odds place the 🍞 in Hale☂️

:hammer:

I do expect Benny to jump in hear and fully expound on the hypocrisy of the Meat is Murder guitarist promoting a range of leather shoes.

It's not the first time Johnny's done this - he had some designer leather shoes out before: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=07/05/17/1538239

I get the feeling Johnny follows a vegan diet, but clearly isn't 'fully vegan'. It's disappointing, but people are only human and I'll be charitable and hope someone can politely educate him about what being vegan means and persuade him to go the full monty. Let's not forget Morrissey has had similar issues in the past with wearing leather footwear, and of course his famous love of Kerrygold.

Vegan or fully vegan? is not the point. This thread is about Marr making a profit from animal death, but at the same time seeming to care about animal rights.

Everyone seems to forget that Marr became vegetarian BECAUSE of the song Meat is Murder. ( also, at the time, he didn’t want to look a hypocrite by still eating meat while having a song like MIM and album called MIM. And I’m sure Angie being vegetarian already, played some part in his decision.)

NOT for the benefits of a healthy
diet …

From the minute we made Meat is Murder I never ate meat again. Of course not; I couldn’t be hypocritical. It wasn’t much of a sacrifice, to be honest, as nutrition still meant nothing to me. If you look at photos from that time I’m 22-23 and seven stone.”

So to reap the financial benefits of a leather product’s sale is not only hypocritical, but more importantly… bizarre.

Morrissey to my knowledge hasn’t done that.

Just so there’s not anymore deflecting from the Marr- apologists. And because this thread is not about Morrissey. Let’s get Morrissey’s so-called ‘criminal’ hypocrisies out of the way… there’s an old photo (in 85?) of him wearing what looks to be a leather jacket. And yes, we all know he’s worn/wears leather shoes, boots, sneakers, he’s admitted that himself. Supposedly he may have had at some point some furniture, rumor of a leather chair (??) lol. What else? Oh yeah, he wore a cashmere sweater once, possibly twice and there was dairy products on some tour rider, BIG WHOOP ! Some say .. Morrissey is so ‘preachy’ though, he doesn’t want people eating animals around him, but he still wears leather shoes, omg ! :ahhh::sleeping:

but this is different

Marr became a vegetarian because the song MIM made an impact on him. To say that Marr is probably only vegan in diet so he might not know or even cares where the skin came from to make those shoes that he’s profiting from, is ridiculous and certainly no alibi.

Money from murder. There’s no defense, and there’s nothing more to say.

"I am very proud of the fact that 20 years on people tell me they became a vegetarian as a result of 'Meat is Murder',"

"I think that is quite literally rock music changing someone's life - it's certainly changing the life of animals. It is one of the things I am most proud of."

‘Former The Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr has written to the Greek Minister of Tourism asking him to put an end to donkey ‘taxi’ rides in Santorini.

In his letter to Thanasis Theocharopoulos, the vegan musician references a recent investigation by animal rights charity PETA, the animal-ride trade in the country.

Now Marr has called on the minister to ‘put an end to this old-school practice of using animals as ‘beasts of burden’ and encourage tourists to use the port’s cable car – or their own two feet – Instead’.

In his letter, Marr refers to the animal rides as a ‘wretched practice’. He adds that donkeys and mules are forced to transport tourists up more than 500 steep steps, several times a day, from the port to the old town of Firá. When not being made to carry extremely heavy loads on their backs, they’re often tethered in the blazing sun without access to water or shade.’

Some quotes above that point to Marr’s concern for animal welfare. And yet ….

indeed.

Last edited:
He‘s been wearing suede shoes for years, so good on him for getting his own collection. The black pair look fab.

Morrissey wears Stella McCartney vegan leather shoes, I think he talked about it and showed them on Larry King.

Morrissey wears Stella McCartney vegan leather shoes, I think he talked about it and showed them on Larry King.
He does now, but he was wearing leather shoes as recently as 2014: “I have a problem with synthetic leather shoes. I stopped using fake leather jackets because people became confused and accused me of using real leather. It’s easy to stop eating meat and forget about eggs and milk: immediately you feel better ethically and physically. But the synthetic leather shoes are more uncomfortable than genuine leather.”

Which isn't to let Marr off the hook, just to go to show that even the guy when spearheaded the whole 'Meat is Murder' message took a hell of a long while to go fully vegan, and has spent decades after 1985 weathing leather, and eating cheese and dairy products.

:confused:

vegan footwear were not easy to find in 2014 not available:straightface:

yet in 2022, when its easier to spot a pair than a talking comet,
our book reading (post dystopia before that never seen with one)
philosopher/philanthropist extraordinaire is up to the :guardsman:
with the leather🩰
and he makes endorsements to get more and more pairs:mad:
can it be that yogi shoewear is made out of yogi bears?
can this possible:confused:
adios yogi 30 pieces of silver and a pair of 👠
for you😲

:hammer:

That was before Morrissey went vegan tho wasn't it? So they're two quite different things. As far as I know Morrissey never made any money from spreading kerrygold on his wholemeal toast either.

That was before Morrissey went vegan tho wasn't it? So they're two quite different things. As far as I know Morrissey never made any money from spreading kerrygold on his wholemeal toast either.

What about when Morrissey shilled for Supreme? They have leather products.

lol. Grasping at straws with that comment.

Couldn't care less about Johnny's vegan credentials one way or another, but I find it a bit odd that a great guitarist wants a sideline flogging shoes.
He's already got a signature guitar, he's done a line of Ray-Bans before, limited edition PF Flyers, a clothing line (Elk)... he's selling his 'brand' with all this stuff and I find it quite jarring.

Vegan or fully vegan? is not the point. This thread is about Marr making a profit from animal death, but at the same time seeming to care about animal rights.

Everyone seems to forget that Marr became vegetarian BECAUSE of the song Meat is Murder. ( also, at the time, he didn’t want to look a hypocrite by still eating meat while having a song like MIM and album called MIM. And I’m sure Angie being vegetarian already, played some part in his decision.)
Sad to see you feeding the trolls with this post, trying to make some shocking 'revelation' out of the simple fact that people falter from their ideals when enough ££££ is waved in their face. Marr (and Morrissey) have done more for animals over 40 years than any of the Vegan Police on this thread.

Couldn't care less about Johnny's vegan credentials one way or another, but I find it a bit odd that a great guitarist wants a sideline flogging shoes.
He's already got a signature guitar, he's done a line of Ray-Bans before, limited edition PF Flyers, a clothing line (Elk)... he's selling his 'brand' with all this stuff and I find it quite jarring.
He’s always been into clothes, since he was a kid and then worked in clothing stores. Did you watch the video? He explains that they discontinued their shoes he liked to wear on stage. He’s very funny too.

Back
Top Bottom