Johnny Marr's post-punk playlist

I'm going to Portland next month. SHould I stalk his house? :D

Does Johnny Marr live in Portland now? :confused:

I thought I read somewhere he does (or they do, he's married, right?) part time. Did you know that in addition to recycling, Portland requires that you compost?

I thought I read somewhere he does (or they do, he's married, right?) part time. Did you know that in addition to recycling, Portland requires that you compost?

I haven't been keeping up much lately on the Smiths related news, so I didn't know. My guitar teacher has been living in Portland for a while this year, but then she moved back this month. If I had known, I would have asked her to watch out for him. :p

great list Johnny though some songs Ididn't know

[thought at the beginning of Japan that it was Kraftwerk, bu when the sound began and the face of Sylvian, I
felt I should have known this]

It's a FACT The Smiths were inspired by post punk. It's all there in the music! It doesn't take a genius to realise that post punk became Indie, Grunge and Shoegaze. It's all post punk.

Lest we forget Morrissey's brief stint with the Manchester punk band The Nosebleeds with whom he penned such unruly "hits" as "I Get Nervous" and "(I Think) I'm Ready for the Electric Chair."

It's a FACT The Smiths were inspired by post punk. It's all there in the music! It doesn't take a genius to realise that post punk became Indie, Grunge and Shoegaze. It's all post punk.

lieber& stoller [producers]

they [M&M] had lots of music they were influenced, from Jobriath to Motown

but as for the list, The Smiths were definately not influenced by The Cure, they existed allready about 5 or 6
year when Johnny knocked on Morrissey's door at kings rd.

age 47 I've seen it happen, and there musicspace for both bands, and lots of others

I cought a virus at 18, and no need for a cure, but more for the Smiths and after the split
it was Morrissey who came closest to the Smiths sound and better

Marr doing a great job, but the problem is he can't sing, as Morrissey can't play piano

erm..I'm lost in this post, what was it about:crazy:

Oh man, I never knew Marr liked The Cure. That makes me feel better for loving them as much as The Smiths! And also - It's wonderful that he also likes Echo & The Bunnymen. :o

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom