Johnny Marr's guitar equipment

T

The Kurious Oranj

Guest
Does anyone have any information about the guitars/amps/effects Johnny used during his time with the Smiths? All I've heard so far is the use of a Roland JC-120 amp and Rickenbacker 330 12 string (something like that anyway). I've got a poster of the Smiths from Melody Maker magazine which pictures Johnny holding a nice looking Les Paul Gold Top too... is that the one that got robbed at the Astoria does anyone know? Thanks for reading,
Alex
 
W

wicked wendy

Guest
> Does anyone have any information about the guitars/amps/effects
> Johnny used during his time with the Smiths? All I've heard so
> far is the use of a Roland JC-120 amp and Rickenbacker 330 12
> string (something like that anyway). I've got a poster of the
> Smiths from Melody Maker magazine which pictures Johnny holding
> a nice looking Les Paul Gold Top too... is that the one that got
> robbed at the Astoria does anyone know? Thanks for reading,
> Alex

go to www.jmarr.com
for all the answers to all your questions.
Read the Q&A section first before you go for it, please.

And ... it was a Gibson Cherry SG (Standard, the remake) that was stolen.
 
L

Little Miss Curious

Guest
When insects ATTACK.

What, the Curious Orange as in Lee and Herring? That thing used to @#!!!e me up.

LMC x
 
T

The Kurious Oranj

Guest
Re: When insects ATTACK.

> What, the Curious Orange as in Lee and Herring? That thing used
> to @#!!! e me up.

> LMC x

That's the one yeah! Stuart Lee nicked the idea from the title of a song by Manc band The Fall. The song was called 'Kurious Oranj' taken off the album entitled 'I Am Kurious, Oranj', check it out if you get the time! I'm a fan of both so that's why I've been boring you silly for the last 20 seconds :p Do accept my apologies,
Alex!
 
L

Little Miss Curious

Guest
Re: When flies ATTACK.

> That's the one yeah! Stuart Lee nicked the idea from the title
> of a song by Manc band The Fall. The song was called 'Kurious
> Oranj' taken off the album entitled 'I Am Kurious, Oranj', check
> it out if you get the time! I'm a fan of both so that's why I've
> been boring you silly for the last 20 seconds :p Do accept my
> apologies,
> Alex!

Don't apologise! Did you see the last episode where they squeezed him, and he was screeching? Kept me awake for days.

LMC x
 
T

The Magic Fairy

Guest
Kurious Oranj Dog is Life

That's a great Fall album. One of my faves. I was pleasantly surprised to see Lee and Herring (sound like sauce manufacturers) adopt him. They also played a very short snatch of the song as they introduced the sketch. Surreal stuff. I really like the Simon bloke with his hobbies. Now that WAS strange.

TM snowed-in F x
 
A

Abrahan Garza

Guest
I read that he has given a lot of his Smiths days stuff to Noel Gallagher...

~Abrahan

> go to www.jmarr.com for all the answers to all your questions.
> Read the Q&A section first before you go for it, please.

> And ... it was a Gibson Cherry SG (Standard, the remake) that
> was stolen.




MozRacer's HomePage
 
W

wicked wendy

Guest
> I read that he has given a lot of his Smiths days stuff to Noel
> Gallagher...

> ~Abrahan

Quite a shame!
Suppose he'd auction one of his early Gibsons (Classic Series, didn't he have an ES reissue?), or one of the Ricks ... how much would it go?

(he could donate the money to artists in need of a record contract ...)

cu,
ww
 
Top Bottom