"Johnny Marr tells us about his upcoming January album", louderthanwar.com

From louderthanwar.com :-

The coolest guitar player in town (when he is in town) and the walking rock n roll encyclopedia Johnny Marr dropped by to tell us about his upcoming album. We heard some of the songs when he headlined in Manchester a year ago at a great gig.

Johnny Marr gave us a brief comment on his new up coming album with 3 song titles and a release time, asking the guitarist last week on his new release he sent this;

The new record is under my own name as I hadn't decided on a final line up for the band whilst I was doing it. Also, it was feeling more like a personal venture. I recorded it in Manchester and Berlin. Some songs are : “The Right Thing Right”, “European Me”, “Lockdown”. It's out on Warner Brothers end of January.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Johnny Marr tells us about his upcoming January album", louderthanwar.c

How on earth has Marr been able to secure a record deal with Warner after the disaster that was Boomslang? Guess the compulsive band-hopping has raised his profile!

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Johnny Marr tells us about his upcoming January album", louderthanwar.c

The Smiths are back, who said it would never happen? :p

It does have an exquisite Smiths-esque feel about it.
Close your eyes and the reformation could have happened....

I voted 'no' on the Smiths reunion poll, but would vote 'yes' for a Morrissey/Marr collaboration.

Note the signature Jaguar he's playing
[click on the pic to listen]

It does have an exquisite Smiths-esque feel about it.
Close your eyes and the reformation could have happened....

I voted 'no' on the Smiths reunion poll, but would vote 'yes' for a Morrissey/Marr collaboration.

Note the signature Jaguar he's playing
[click on the pic to listen]

I like your pic-link trick. I see how you did it, now that I am behind the scenes of your post. Must remember this. :)

I like your pic-link trick. I see how you did it, now that I am behind the scenes of your post. Must remember this. :)

How did you get behind my scenes?

The new songs are amazing. I can perfectly imagine Morrissey singing them and it sends shivers down my spine.
"The Trap" sounds like the beginning of "Stop me...", I love it.

"The Trap" --- best Johnny Marr solo song. No doubt. I just hope he doesn't sing on it! Please keep them instrumentals, Johnny!

"The Trap" --- best Johnny Marr solo song. No doubt. I just hope he doesn't sing on it! Please keep them instrumentals, Johnny!

Sadly I'm pretty sure they will all have vocals on, and we know Johnny's lyrics are usually poor. I hope the music makes up for it though.

Last edited:

Johnny's lyrics are usually poor. I hope the music makes up for it though.

And his voice is poor. He should leave them vocal free...or at least include an extra CD with the instrumentals on.

One man one guitar making Bozzy and Co look like they should go back to infant school and start playing the triangle again.

a marr second coming?
strange he would go back to doing what he does so best - melodic tunes after so far away from it.
this certainly is in another class to the tuneless dirge morrissey has been using as a backing track the past few years.
"One man one guitar making Bozzy and Co look like they should go back to infant school and start playing the triangle again."
- AGREED - compared marr - they just aren't in the ballpark.

Jesus..Davie and Amy you two miserable sods need to get a room.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom