Johnny marr stops MEN dvd release ?

M

maher

I heard Johnny marr has stopped the release of this gig on dvd as "only the smiths should play the smiths songs " is this true ?

what about the healers then johnny ??

Where did u hear this?

Marr's givin the green light to a Smiths musical. I don't think he'd resent the DVD.

Not only untrue, but impossible. He couldn't legally block this release.

JM stops DVD, IKIO encore.. PLEASE STOP!

These RUMERS only hurt and confuse peaple. Don't u have anything better to do with your time. Sheesh.

Re: What about Neil Finn singing Smiths songs?

I have seen and of course, heard Neil sing "There Is A Light..." and don't get me wrong, I LOVE The Finn Brothers, and have since Split Enz in 81'. Neil gave SUPERB shows here in San Diego and Johnny Marr was his first *surprise* guest. (I overheard two people discussing it, and went up and asked if it were true and they confirmed it. I was blown away! Great surprise! Neil has a wonderful beautiful voice, but somehow he doesn't give "There Is A Light.." that KICK that Moz does, I don't know- their voices are very different obviously, and have different intonations- Neil's voice is too soft for that song, in my opinion.

> I heard Johnny marr has stopped the release of this gig on dvd as
> "only the smiths should play the smiths songs " is this true ?

> what about the healers then johnny ??

Even you could release a dvd singing smiths songs, and marr couldn't do a thing about it.

um, he couldn't do that if he wanted to. he doesn't own the music or lyrics. the publishers do.

COMPLETE RUBBISH

This is COMPLETE and MINDLESS RUBBISH.

Don't believe this. I cannot believe the depths some people will stoop to.

The poster should be hung, or shot at dawn,

Strawberry.

Back
Top Bottom