Johnny marr stops MEN dvd release ?

M

maher

I heard Johnny marr has stopped the release of this gig on dvd as "only the smiths should play the smiths songs " is this true ?

what about the healers then johnny ??

J

jh

Where did u hear this?

Marr's givin the green light to a Smiths musical. I don't think he'd resent the DVD.

A

A. Nonny Mouse

Not only untrue, but impossible. He couldn't legally block this release.

J

jh

JM stops DVD, IKIO encore.. PLEASE STOP!

These RUMERS only hurt and confuse peaple. Don't u have anything better to do with your time. Sheesh.

C

Colleen1962

Re: What about Neil Finn singing Smiths songs?

I have seen and of course, heard Neil sing "There Is A Light..." and don't get me wrong, I LOVE The Finn Brothers, and have since Split Enz in 81'. Neil gave SUPERB shows here in San Diego and Johnny Marr was his first *surprise* guest. (I overheard two people discussing it, and went up and asked if it were true and they confirmed it. I was blown away! Great surprise! Neil has a wonderful beautiful voice, but somehow he doesn't give "There Is A Light.." that KICK that Moz does, I don't know- their voices are very different obviously, and have different intonations- Neil's voice is too soft for that song, in my opinion.

I

I do

> I heard Johnny marr has stopped the release of this gig on dvd as
> "only the smiths should play the smiths songs " is this true ?

> what about the healers then johnny ??

Even you could release a dvd singing smiths songs, and marr couldn't do a thing about it.

S

sdavenport666

um, he couldn't do that if he wanted to. he doesn't own the music or lyrics. the publishers do.

S

Strawberry

COMPLETE RUBBISH

This is COMPLETE and MINDLESS RUBBISH.

Don't believe this. I cannot believe the depths some people will stoop to.

The poster should be hung, or shot at dawn,

Strawberry.

Top Bottom