Johnny Marr Signed Fender '62 Jaguar Guitar!

Dave2006

To celebrate the newly remastered 'The Sound Of The Smiths' release, Rhino are giving you the chance to bid on a Fender® '62 Jaguar® in Candy Apple Red, signed by the legendary guitarist Johnny Marr.

All proceeds will go to the Pictor School for children with special needs, as selected by Johnny himself.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320319268905

Remember, Johnny designed some trainers to raise money for this school last year.

Top bloke!

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
To celebrate the newly remastered 'The Sound Of The Smiths' release, Rhino are giving you the chance to bid on a Fender® '62 Jaguar® in Candy Apple Red, signed by the legendary guitarist Johnny Marr.

All proceeds will go to the Pictor School for children with special needs, as selected by Johnny himself.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320319268905

Remember, Johnny designed some trainers to raise money for this school last year.

Top bloke!

Very nice. No bids for me though. I'm all e-bayed out. The PF Flyers I still wear very often. Nice and comfy and a great conversation piece too.

Peter

why not just raffle the thing for a quid a ticket ??? much more chance of a smiths fan winning it, rather than the richest bidder.......still, nice one, Mr. Marr......

Mars_Rover

What a beautiful guitar. And yet more proof that Johnny is a diamond geezer.

Jukebox Jury

Retired
why not just raffle the thing for a quid a ticket ??? much more chance of a smiths fan winning it, rather than the richest bidder.......still, nice one, Mr. Marr......

Sounds like a great idea in principle..... but where do you sell the tickets? How do you buy one? How do you pick it up if you win?

Jukebox Jury

I think it could be arranged pretty easily actually......Start with an address to send the raffle entries to, offer tickets for a £1.00 postal order/International money order entry ( No need for Bank accounts or cheques), with the entrants address supplied, and Keep a part of the "profit" for delivering the guitar to the eventual winner...)
Advertising could be done on sites like this....and by word of mouth. I am also sure the music press would supply a bit of publicity for such a cause free of charge.....
Now, has anybody got Johhnys Number??? I would like to have a try at organising something like this!!!! ( .....And I may actually get to at least TOUCH the guitar!!!.....well,...it would be FAR too obviously "Fixed" if I went on to win it!!)

Last edited:

Kewpie

Subscriber
Bump!

Less than 6 hours to go, £640 at the moment.

*edit*

A bidder blue*droid won it £640.

Last edited:
Top Bottom