Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
B2q9zaHIIAAEXd6.jpg
He actually said "the anals of history". Which also proved to be quite true.

He actually said "the anals of history". Which also proved to be quite true.
No, he actually said "annals"....it's written up there, right in front of your eyes....but "anals" is better for schoolboy giggling.

No, he actually said "annals".

No, he didn't - he said 'anals'. I watched it recently and remember him saying that. Maybe a Freudian slip but more likely a consequence of being relatively well-read but never actually hearing most of the words in his vocabulary.

:)

i got some LePep caterwauling outside to ward off 🦇s:straightface:

What's happening?
It's shooting me up
Into the big sky
Just everything
Is breaking us out
From the inside
And the outside

from the up
from the down
from the big yard
fredo is drinking us dry

:lbf:

i cant wait for the dumb Killers tour. for LePep to post in his sucky FB page, thanking his 'fans' for selling out the venue like he did
at the cvunteers show:lbf:

🇭🇷>:hammer:
:hammer:

Painting a rather rosy picture of Moz’ career aren’t you? He’s got - no label, no one wants to release his record, his website was nothing but an obituary section for celebrities of bygone days. He finally hit on the idea of writing about his old Smiths partner to raise his visibility, but giving it a twist, a monstrous lie about things Johnny actually never said. This is to get back at Marr for signing to the label that dumped Moz. How galling to hear Johnny’s guitar during the James Bond movie. How annoying it must have been to see Johnny’s face on the cover of a magazine instead of himself. How dare Johnny release a double album when he Moz is without a label home. Etc etc you get the drift. He hates it when his friends are successful.

A few peeps turned out to watch Johnny supporting the Courteeners in Manchester, a band who Morrissey tipped to be a success back in 2010.

Last edited:
Yes they are, it's a crying shame that it's unlikely Morrissey will ever get to perform the song to crowds like this in his home town in the foreseeable future.

Maybe if he supported the Courteeners he would too?

What else do you see in your crystal ball?

btw, do you have a fetish for big crowds?

Maybe if he supported the Courteeners he would too?

What else do you see in your crystal ball?

Nope, he only managed to sell 4000 tickets of the 16000 available for Castlefield Bowl last time he was due to play in Manchester. However just like Johnny, he should be able to sell the Apollo out and that's a fab venue.

Nope, he only managed to sell 4000 tickets of the 16000 available for Castlefield Bowl last time he was due to play in Manchester. However just like Johnny, he should be able to sell the Apollo out and that's a fab venue.

fail.

Reread my post, I said ....

‘Maybe if he supported the Courteeners he would too?’

Meaning that just like Marr, you also could play to a crowd of that size by opening up for a band like
the Courteeners.

fail.

Reread my post, I said ....

‘Maybe if he supported the Courteeners he would too?’

Meaning that just like Marr, you also could play to a crowd of that size by opening up for a band like
the Courteeners.

Doubt the Courteeners would have him as a support

I personally hope there is no reunification, it makes life a little more simplified.
I’ve followed M quite extensively down the years, and will continue to do so: I think.
But a Smiths, or Smiths of sorts, reunion - doesn’t appeal to me.
Let it go 👀

Doubt the Courteeners would have him as a support

I said a ‘band like the Courteeners’

meaning any band that had the same amount of fame that the Courteeners had at that time.

I personally hope there is no reunification, it makes life a little more simplified.
I’ve followed M quite extensively down the years, and will continue to do so: I think.
But a Smiths, or Smiths of sorts, reunion - doesn’t appeal to me.
Let it go 👀
I don't want a Smiths reunion, either. Just a thawing of tension between old friends, instead of this sniping.

Yes, we wonder why that is.

It doesn’t matter, can’t you see?

Do you think that’s going to stop Morrissey from playing shows, if that is his choice? And as I already said, many people are still going to his shows and buying his records.

So it only matters when Marr isn't playing stadiums, and doesn't when Moz isn't playing stadiums? Got it.

Facts are Morrissey has lost fans in droves since he started shooting his mouth off with terrible takes on such fun subjects as rape, murder, and fascism. Significantly fewer people are seeing Morrissey these days, and there's no way to avoid it. I guarantee you, that for a person as obsessed with money and prestige as Morrissey always has been, that it matters to him.

So it only matters when Marr isn't playing stadiums, and doesn't when Moz isn't playing stadiums? Got it.

Facts are Morrissey has lost fans in droves since he started shooting his mouth off with terrible takes on such fun subjects as rape, murder, and fascism. Significantly fewer people are seeing Morrissey these days, and there's no way to avoid it. I guarantee you, that for a person as obsessed with money and prestige as Morrissey always has been, that it matters to him.
Marr is now a support act 😂😂😂

You know Johnny Marr has a double album called Fever Dreams Pts 1 - 4 being released on BMG on February 25. The publicity push is just starting. Johnny will have an extremely high media profile during the next month.
A high media profile for what purpose? To continue to say absolutely nothing apart from "I was in the smiths and Morrissey was difficult"?

A high media profile for what purpose?

Johnny Marr is releasing a new double album on February 25. It is called Fever Dreams Pts 1-4. When you release an album, it helps to have publicity so people can go out and buy the album. 😊

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom