Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
All very unedifying to have a spat in public like this.
Journalists write the story and the headlines that they want to write. So if Johnny does an hour interview and mentions Moz once in passing - that will be the headline.
Moz should know that, given his history with the fourth estate.
But that line about The Smiths turning to shit obviously really upset him. He clearly still cares. I can understand why he found that line upsetting. But Johnny probably said it as a bit of throwaway hyperbole. And Moz is the master of that.
Unless it's all a PR stunt for the new album?

Journalists write the story and the headlines that they want to write. So if Johnny does an hour interview and mentions Moz once in passing - that will be the headline.

Yes, and that’s why Morrissey asked him not to mention his name, especially in a negative way.

Moz should know that, given his history
He does know that, as he states in the open letter, and why he asks Marr to refrain from using his name so that journalists could not use it to spin clickbait. Morrissey is well aware.

It wasn't that long ago that Moz had the secret service at his door over his 'killing Trump would be a good thing' (paraphrasing, can't remember the exact quote) comments in an interview.

Marr missed that one. He misses plenty mind you.
It's true that Moz has never shown love for Trump, but his anti-immigrant, Islamophobic, and anti-vax positions are very in line with the Right.

Jeezus, what are you going on about? You keep making this really obvious point over and over again - that claims of criminal actions not backed up by evidence can be libel - and as far as I'm aware, nobody has argued against this or suggested otherwise. I don't know who you think you're having a debate with.

If there's no evidence, then of course it means Haslam's talking out if his arse - because he's claiming he could ruin Morrissey's career with a few tweets, whilst in fact the opposite would be true: if he doesn't have evidence, Morrissey would sue him for slander and Haslam's career would be over.

You say you're a lawyer? Christ, I'm glad you're not mine!
I never said I was a lawyer. Learn to read.

There's plenty of stuff that's true and factual, but without evidence, it's all "talking out of their arse", according to you.

if it's anything, it's the long standing rumor that Moz made a move on Marr during the Strangeway sessions and that led to Marr pulling the plug on the band.
JM fled from his own band because his gay best mate, who patently adored him, made a move? Such crap. Rumours like that have been around forever and it's no 'dark secret' anyway - the only thing that would be "surprising" or shocking about that for any Smiths fan is that M waited until 87 to do it.

Why is anyone taking Haslam seriously - a master of shit-stirring?

They have both said they have nothing to do with each other anymore, they're less than strangers.
I have no idea why Morrissey has let long interviews that contain the odd paragraph get to him.

Marr shouldn't have bothered to respond the way he did, but he was probably just surprised by it, he hasn't really said anything new or that nasty, even the politics stuff.

Haslam is a truly appalling figure, and somewhat tragic. He's writing is rubbish too, talk about self love. He's a master of inconsequence masquerading as a guru. Just f--- off and stop being such an arse kisser to Marr.
(y)

Disgraceful figure:mad:
his writing is of the 'true only because there is evidence its false' rubbish variety(n)
:hammer:

Haslam is a truly appalling figure, and somewhat tragic. He's writing is rubbish too, talk about self love. He's a master of inconsequence masquerading as a guru. Just f--- off and stop being such an arse kisser to Marr.
Yeh he’s proud of himself because he reads the guardian and votes for the green party. Convinced himself he’s a great guy ,basically like the majority on Twitter. Full of self aggrandisement, intolerance and people bonding by hating on the “bad” guys + making themselves feel morally superior

Morrissey wanted this, that is why he made a public open letter instead of having someone get the message directly to Marr. Marr took the bait unfortunately

Oh who f***ing cares about this, and I mean the open letter piffle and this. It's not 1986, this isnt a psychodrama.
no one really cares, that's true. It's tomorrow's disappearing into cyber space nonsense for sure. Then again, if we only discussed important stuff we'd be more f***ed than we already are wouldn't we?

we'd be discussing the news. Heaven forbid.

It's true that Moz has never shown love for Trump, but his anti-immigrant, Islamophobic, and anti-vax positions are very in line with the Right.
are you sure he's anti vax? Or is he pro choice? The buzzwords are flying everywhere in that little comment, there's too many to keep up with, islamophobe. I forgot about that one. My bad. He (and we) should all be pro Islam.

Morrissey wanted this, that is why he made a public open letter instead of having someone get the message directly to Marr. Marr took the bait unfortunately
Yes and I think they both come out looking a bit foolish for doing so... but at the same time maybe this is the new Biggie and Tupac public beef... and they'll both sell more records... but careful, we know how that ultimately ends...

if it's anything, it's the long standing rumor that Moz made a move on Marr during the Strangeway sessions and that led to Marr pulling the plug on the band.
Moz must have very active loins...according the Lord WeirdUnclePeter, Moz was sharing lubricants with Mike Joyce at the time...and Skinny would never, ever lie...we all know that!

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom