Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
It has to be "something" from The Smiths active days, IMHO.
Maybe Morrissey threw cotton wools at Johnny, when he first refused to record the Cilla Black cover back in 1987. Something really really bad.

Last edited:

Dear @officialmoz. An ‘open letter’ hasn’t really been a thing since 1953, It’s all ‘social media’ now. Even Donald J Trump had that one down. Also, this fake news business…a bit 2021 yeah ? #makingindiegreatagain

Related item:

Media item:

Having Dave Haslam on your team is like having the kid at school with a hand knit jumper and 2 candle bogeys dripping from your nostrils. He also had nits and smelt of boiled cabbage. That's you best friend that is Marr

It has to be "something" from The Smiths active days, IMHO.

Why not before, or just after The Smiths? How about in the future? Maybe Haslam and Johnny, both have crystal balls? But not balls enough to back up his insinuations.

Pathetic. I think Johnny is using the media to back him. He knows that Moz has been dragged through piles of shit by journalist (oh, wait. It's 2022, is being a journalist still a thing?) and so they will all go for Johnny. A composed and thoughtful reply would have been so much better, and so much more, shall we say...grown up?

Someone's already pointed out that if Haslam and Marr had dirt on Morrissey regarding basically criminal activity, for which he hadn't yet been charged, then they'd be complicit. And as far as I know, Morrissey doesn't have a criminal record, apart from 'Ouija Board, Ouija Board'.

Johnny Marr comes across quite dumb with that tweet.

Just type 'open letter to' into Google and see all the open letters to Facebook, Twitter etc.

I mean, Neil Young posted an open letter a few days ago to Spotify.
Johnny is stumped. Rattling about. He did the first thing his brain told him to do - attack.

This is kid’s gloves stuff compared to what John Lydon was saying about Glen Matlock, before the Pistols got back together. Even the revelation that Matlock was secretly fed spunk sandwiches did nothing to interfere with the brotherly love once everyone was shown the figures.

The point I’m making is less that The Smiths will unite, and more that all of this won’t make the slightest bit of difference to the outcome.

Maybe.

I feel it's a death spiral though. That he's going for his years in Deal. And that's what he wants.

Marr response makes absolutely no sense...
is he trying to be "witty"(failed)?
Also his clumsy attempt at linking M to Trump is so pathetic, i can already imagine Nile screaming behind him "YES DAD YES WITH THAT HE IS OVER" ....ugh

Baffling. Why would somebody who was lamenting, a while back, that they're not in contact - respond with that bizarre comment? I sense he's going to delete it quickly.
Deleting?
Nah
At best he'll say that his account got hacked( = Nile wrote it with my account without permission)

Sounds quite sinister.

The only thing that fits what Haslam is hinting at is something I don't want to type. And, if so, then Haslam and Marr kept quiet about it. Which makes them complicit. Maybe the music press should push for answers from Marr on this? Could someone screenshot Haslam's tweet please, before it gets deleted?

If you think of possible scenarios where, if those in the know were to post online, something that is so bad it would end Morrissey's career for good, then you'll know what I'm thinking.

Some people (not you) seem to have no idea how libel law works. Let's say someone saw Moz do something very dodgy indeed. Saying you saw Moz do something very dodgy indeed could see you sued for defamation etc unless you had undeniable physical proof such as photos, text messages, or similar.

From my perspective, on a different matter, there was a guy who was defrauding a company, and upon investigation though we could get to a 90% proof level, we needed 100% to take the guy to court and prosecute him, so we ended up with a NDA and a sacking. That's how the law works. The guy who I worked with on this investigation said "There's a difference between what we know he did and what we can prove in court."

If someone was to go public and say Moz Did Very Bad Thing, they'd have to have enough evidence to prove in court that it was factual. That's not being complicit.

If someone was to go public and say Moz Did Very Bad Thing, they'd have to have enough evidence to prove in court that it was factual. That's not being complicit.

Not complicit in Morrissey's hypothetical crime, but are you not breaking some law or other by withholding evidence/knowledge of a crime?

:)

LePew once you get a life and quit talking moz 24/7 , then quit pretending you produced Strangeways:blushing:
that you 'built' such and such a song around an imaginary circuitous non existing :guitar:
stephen street was the prodcer/builder of the album have some decency FFS

:hammer:

Sure are a lot of people with bets down the bookies about a smiths reunion happening in 2022 thinking about a remortgage right now

Some people (not you) seem to have no idea how libel law works. Let's say someone saw Moz do something very dodgy indeed. Saying you saw Moz do something very dodgy indeed could see you sued for defamation etc unless you had undeniable physical proof such as photos, text messages, or similar.

From my perspective, on a different matter, there was a guy who was defrauding a company, and upon investigation though we could get to a 90% proof level, we needed 100% to take the guy to court and prosecute him, so we ended up with a NDA and a sacking. That's how the law works. The guy who I worked with on this investigation said "There's a difference between what we know he did and what we can prove in court."

But if Haslam and Marr knew about and/or seen something happening and did nothing, then that would make them complicit by their silence.

Well, Johnny hasn't responded with the grovelling public apology M expected, so I think we all know the next stages of this:

• Jesse and the rest of the hired goons to respond with social media attacks on Marr (some of which sound suspiciously as though they were written by Morrissey whilst drunk). Nile retaliates.
  • Dodwell writes an article praising Morrissey's Open Letter and how wonderful it is. This piece then gets shared on Central next week.
  • Lil Sammy starts sharing photoshops of Marr in compromising positions. like punching old ladies and stealing sweets from children. These are also made into backdrops and TShirts which Moz can sell as shows.
  • After a year of bitching, the two agree to settle their differences in a pay-per-view boxing match extravaganza in Las Vegas, marketed as 'the reunion'.
Jesse T replied on his Instagram story and Twitter......what did Nile say?

Well, Johnny hasn't responded with the grovelling public apology M expected, so I think we all know the next stages of this:

• Jesse and the rest of the hired goons to respond with social media attacks on Marr (some of which sound suspiciously as though they were written by Morrissey whilst drunk). Nile retaliates.
  • Dodwell writes an article praising Morrissey's Open Letter and how wonderful it is. This piece then gets shared on Central next week.
  • Lil Sammy starts sharing photoshops of Marr in compromising positions. like punching old ladies and stealing sweets from children. These are also made into backdrops and TShirts which Moz can sell as shows.
  • After a year of bitching, the two agree to settle their differences in a pay-per-view boxing match extravaganza in Las Vegas, marketed as 'the reunion'.

I’ve been a regular on Morrissey-solo since 1997. This is by far the most hilarious comment I’ve ever read.

Agree but when he passes all that goes out of the window.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom