Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
All I see it's Marr's fans living rent free in a morrissey forum because they don't care enough to make one for him.

Has it ever occurred to you that Marr fans can also be Morrissey fans and Morrissey fans can also be Marr fans. Morrissey hates this site. Marr has social media sites where he connects directly with his fans.

Has it ever occurred to you that Marr fans can also be Morrissey fans and Morrissey fans can also be Marr fans. Morrissey hates this site. Marr has social media sites where he connects directly with his fans.
God love the (few) Twitter folks who love both and are #TeamSmiths

Some clown from "For Britain" is trying to wind him up now
Leftie.png

All I see it's Marr's fans living rent free in a morrissey forum because they don't care enough to make one for him.

Firstly this is a Johnny thread... but beyond that... the Marr fans here are also Morrissey fans, as there really isn't a conflict being both. I think it's actually a small few that want to turn everything into Morrissey vs Marr... when for most of us it's Morrissey AND Marr. For those that started as Smiths fans, they're both important and played a formative role in our lives, personally, I'm happy for both of their successes.

Last edited:
Speaking of downward rage spiral, why don’t you take a break? Have some tea, do some deep breathing? The next few weeks will be nothing but Marr, Marr, Marr. There’s lots more interviews coming up prior to his album release! Also some TV! And he’s on another movie soundtrack! Plus lots of live shows! Hope Moz can continue his dignified silence.
Again, tedious. I don't mind insults, as long as they are clever, and this is not.

They are, in fact marr is liking comments body shaming morrissey.
They are tragic but not as tragic as their fans commenting in a morrissey forum because they can't bother to make one for marr
This exactly. They claim Johnny is so much better, Moz's career is in shambles, but here they sit and post in a forum called Morrissey Solo. If Marr was such a superstar, he'd have his own forum but all he has is a fan group on Facebook run by sad, obsessed groupies, with less than 6,000 people in it.

I read an article where someone had kept Johnny Marr waiting for 15 minutes during a recording session for I think a movie and they said that was £1000 lost. That gives you an idea of his day rate.
:laughing:Oh, right, he makes 4000/hr. Then he should probably stop touring because that is about what he is paid per show, total. :lbf:

Does he, tell us why you think that?
I already did, the condensed version is he can't make money touring, he can't move up from small clubs and cheap tickets so he had to start doing $100 per person meet and greets, this was a few years ago and now he is opening for people.

I already did, the condensed version is he can't make money touring, he can't move up from small clubs and cheap tickets so he had to start doing $100 per person meet and greets, this was a few years ago and now he is opening for people.
He can't make money touring? I've just looked up his accounts (which are readily available) and he definitely can, does, and will continue to do so.

If you were playing 1,000 capacity venues at say £35 a ticket, the idea that he gets paid £4,000 a gig - 11% of the total ticket price - and doesn't make a penny from merch sales, is laughably daft.

:laughing:Oh, right, he makes 4000/hr. Then he should probably stop touring because that is about what he is paid per show, total. :lbf:

Yeah, that James Bond movie budget is really tiny. He probably could stop touring and just do movies, but he loves to play out. If you've ever seen him live, you can tell he absolutely loves what he does. It's got to be the best feeling ever.

Yeah, that James Bond movie budget is really tiny. He probably could stop touring and just do movies, but he loves to play out. If you've ever seen him live, you can tell he absolutely loves what he does. It's got to be the best feeling ever.
Love your name
I have seen him live, I didn't get the sense he loves it a lot, or more than other people I have seen. He was pretty inconsiderate at the meet and greet my husband went to. Also found out recently from his mouthpieces Aly and Ory that Johnny is afraid he will be harmed by a fan if anyone finds out where his studio is.

He can't make money touring? I've just looked up his accounts (which are readily available) and he definitely can, does, and will continue to do so.

If you were playing 1,000 capacity venues at say £35 a ticket, the idea that he gets paid £4,000 a gig - 11% of the total ticket price - and doesn't make a penny from merch sales, is laughably daft.
I never saw any merch for sale when I went to see him, it probably was not worth it to bring it along since venues take about a 25% cut and he plays tiny places.
Your analysis is laughably daft since you do not know how it works, but do carry on

:)

a billion/ hr right LePep?? :lbf::lbf:
but he loves to play Moz songs in mini gigs:crazy::crazy:
with the 100 quid meet and greet:rock:
non compos mendis, LePepe and his followers
he makes a quadrillion an hour :lbf:
but prefers to pay Blondie so as to be able to
be a 'special guest' at her shows. What shanda!
'and now we have as a surprise guest, the great
LePepe':laughing:
up he comes with his out of tune guitar and starts making
the wrong chords as he has no idea what the Blondie songs
are. Maybe if Jr is out there, he can tell us how much is LePep
paying for this disgrace:)

:hammer:

I cant be the only one wondering why he was not invited on the New Order/Pet Shop Boys tour

:(

this is alarming, LePep not invited to NO/Pet Shops tour?
is he feuding with Bernard? Bernard did write in that dumb
book of his, that LePep was not the brightest :lightbulb:
poorly educated, with suspect table manners:mad:

something must be going on behind the scenes, where
Bernard will not invite him. What can possibly be
going on in LePepland?🪠

:hammer:

Manchester Apollo capacity 3500

A dozen blue spotlights begin to drift around the audience as an ambient track begins. It's a dramatic start as Johnny Marr steps on stage at Manchester Apollo for his highly anticipated, sold-out homecoming show.

Last edited:
Love your name
I have seen him live, I didn't get the sense he loves it a lot, or more than other people I have seen. He was pretty inconsiderate at the meet and greet my husband went to. Also found out recently from his mouthpieces Aly and Ory that Johnny is afraid he will be harmed by a fan if anyone finds out where his studio is.

What utter shit, he openly talks about where his studio is. He rescently did a live stream from there. Marr really does live in your head, you need to get some help rather than spouting bullshit all over the place.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom