Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
What's Halsam hinting at here then?
That is odd. If someone has some gossip they want to spill then do it - just don't hint darkly about something without giving any details. Moz has had so much bad press over the last 5 years, it's difficult to imagine what further revelation could do his career any more damage.

That is odd. If someone has some gossip they want to spill then do it - just don't hint darkly about something without giving any details. Moz has had so much bad press over the last 5 years, it's difficult to imagine what further revelation could do his career any more damage.
That's what I figured. He's done this before, Haslam, vaguely hinting at some great revelation that will destroy Moz forever on Twitter. As you said, Moz has so many enemies and so much bad press I can't believe there's anything left to chuck at him. Surely if Haslam and Co think he's so racist, right-wing and dangerous you'd be keen to tarnish his career forever - why hold back? If Moz was that awful with so many skeletons in his closet, why would Marr be so fine with talking about (contrary to Moz's opinion). I mean Marr's autobiography talks about their pub meetup in 2008 - he'd hardly be keen for that if Moz was such a monster.

o_O
blackmail!!! SHANDA:mad:
thats their loser MO, let us make a living off talking about you or we will post 40 yr old made up
gossip about you:lbf:
skinnys theory that Moz was in love with none other that the flat headed one:lbf:

Le Pew and Al Haslam both live directly and indirectly off Moz doubt they are going
to toss off the golden egg

Regarding the Haslam gossip, it hardly seems likely that Marr truly has any career-destroying dirt on Morrissey, or else Morrissey would presumably not have antagonised him in this way - on the other other, it could explain what's at the bottom of their rift, or indeed what's at the rifts of their bottoms.

Embarrassing. doh:

Did Nile help him write that?

What's Halsam hinting at here then?

Sounds quite sinister.

The only thing that fits what Haslam is hinting at is something I don't want to type. And, if so, then Haslam and Marr kept quiet about it. Which makes them complicit. Maybe the music press should push for answers from Marr on this? Could someone screenshot Haslam's tweet please, before it gets deleted?

If you think of possible scenarios where, if those in the know were to post online, something that is so bad it would end Morrissey's career for good, then you'll know what I'm thinking.

Regarding the Haslam gossip, it hardly seems likely that Marr truly has any career-destroying dirt on Morrissey, or else Morrissey would presumably not have antagonised him in this way - on the other other, it could explain what's at the bottom of their rift, or indeed what's at the rifts of their bottoms.
I'm not sure Marr is that arsed about Morrissey, clearly he's bored as anyone at being asked about him and The Smiths. I don't think its any great revelation that Moz is an awkward sod who bears grudges and falls out with people, clearly him and Marr have nothing in common these days.

If Marr has some real dirt why would he have been so indifferent to Moz all these years? Clearly he wants to guard the Smiths' legacy as his work too, but he's been largely civil about Moz. If Moz had some terrible secret then you'd think Marr would be desperate to clear his name from it...

Sounds quite sinister.

The only thing that fits what Haslam is hinting at is something I don't want to type. And, if so, then Haslam and Marr kept quiet about it. Which makes them complicit. Maybe the music press should push for answers from Marr on this? Could someone screenshot Haslam's tweet please, before it gets deleted?

If you think of possible scenarios where, if those in the know were to post online, something that is so bad it would end Morrissey's career for good, then you'll know what I'm thinking.
My thoughts exactly - but if its that awful, particularly in this climate, then you'd surely want it out in the open to 'cancel' Moz for good. If Haslam/Marr know something then why would they ignore it? Marr even threated a reunion with that 2008 pub meet-up - seems highly unlikely he'd want to do that if Moz had such potentially bad press.

I'm not sure Marr is that arsed about Morrissey, clearly he's bored as anyone at being asked about him and The Smiths. I don't think its any great revelation that Moz is an awkward sod who bears grudges and falls out with people, clearly him and Marr have nothing in common these days.

If Marr has some real dirt why would he have been so indifferent to Moz all these years? Clearly he wants to guard the Smiths' legacy as his work too, but he's been largely civil about Moz. If Moz had some terrible secret then you'd think Marr would be desperate to clear his name from it...

Not only that, but why would Morrissey openly bait Marr if Marr has something on him? That haslam tweet is concerning.

I don't believe there is any great 'dark secret', but in theory if there was something that bad it would end Morrissey forever, then there's always the chance it could take down The Smiths as well, and have no one want to listen to them again, so that might be a concern for Johnny. I still call bullshit however, unless Haslam is prepared to speak up and put his cards on the table.

Oh, well. Linking him to Trump & trying to start a pile on is open warfare.

They're never, ever getting back together.
This is kid’s gloves stuff compared to what John Lydon was saying about Glen Matlock, before the Pistols got back together. Even the revelation that Matlock was secretly fed spunk sandwiches did nothing to interfere with the brotherly love once everyone was shown the figures.

The point I’m making is less that The Smiths will unite, and more that all of this won’t make the slightest bit of difference to the outcome.

Yep just saw it. Though I was hoping for one of her articles.

Yes it will be interesting what her views are. To your point Marr just needs to inform interviewers that he won't answer any questions relating to Morrissey prior to the interview.

This is kid’s gloves stuff compared to what John Lydon was saying about Glen Matlock, before the Pistols got back together. Even the revelation that Matlock was secretly fed spunk sandwiches did nothing to interfere with the brotherly love once everyone was shown the figures.

The point I’m making is less that The Smiths will unite, and more that all of this won’t make the slightest bit of difference to the outcome.
If it turns out Johnny really left the band because he found out Moz was secretely feeding him spunk sandwiches, I don't wanna know. :sick:

I don't believe there is any great 'dark secret', but in theory if there was something that bad it would end Morrissey forever, then there's always the chance it could take down The Smiths as well, and have no one want to listen to them again, so that might be a concern for Johnny. I still call bullshit however, unless Haslam is prepared to speak up and put his cards on the table.
The fact Haslam regularly draws on Moz stories and anecdotes for his own career would suggest there's no great secret to be revealed. He'd look just as bad by association. Beyond the obvious worst case scenario news, I'm not sure anything about Moz would be surprising or news. He's often petty, vindictive, fractious, a nightmare to work with and flippantly says things to wind people up. We all know this, that's just Moz for better or worse like many great artists!

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom