Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he has a point. Some things about M, if shared would probably be the final, last nail..Well, for a few months then forgotten.
Like Bowie and the underage women

All kinds of things will be forgiven and forgotten, IF, like Bowie, you conform to the progressive Zeitgeist.

If you don't conform, you'll likely be hounded by these things forever.

Last edited:
David Bowie could have murdered a nun, and he'd still be revered as a Saint by the trendy left.

Absolutely.

Anyone who knows anything about Morrissey knows that the entirety of that open letter is a plea for a few scraps of kindness, wrapped up as a 'request' to be ignored.

He just wants to hear that JM cares and doesn't mean the stupid shit he sometimes says, and JM KNOWS THAT but still can't bring himself to do it. How difficult would it be for this bloke to say "Mozzer, you've got me all wrong - I don't think you're a monster at all. I love you mate, let's not spat like this."

It would mean the world to Moz.
Jesse, Nile and the Twatterati wouldn't know where to look, either.

However I look it's clear to see, that I love you more than you love me.
That's their entire relationship and whatever you think of Moz, the poor bastard doesn't deserve it.

This post from you, among others, is very much appreciated and moving.

Absolutely.

Anyone who knows anything about Morrissey knows that the entirety of that open letter is a plea for a few scraps of kindness, wrapped up as a 'request' to be ignored.

He just wants to hear that JM cares and doesn't mean the stupid shit he sometimes says, and JM KNOWS THAT but still can't bring himself to do it. How difficult would it be for this bloke to say "Mozzer, you've got me all wrong - I don't think you're a monster at all. I love you mate, let's not spat like this."

It would mean the world to Moz.
Jesse, Nile and the Twatterati wouldn't know where to look, either.

However I look it's clear to see, that I love you more than you love me.
That's their entire relationship and whatever you think of Moz, the poor bastard doesn't deserve it.

What a terrible way to go about it if that's what Morrissey really wants. He should have sent some flowers upon the release of Johnny's album. Why would he deride and try to humiliate Johnny like that in a public letter? That's unforgiveable.

I absolutely agree, that's why i'm so curious about these so called "gossips", i honestly doubt they are as bad as they are trying to make them be(if they are even true of course)... if they consider being drunk in a restaurant a gossip....
I've searched around for gossip before and i've never found anything about M at all, if there was something i'm sure by now it would be public in a way or another, i doubt anyone has a interest into protecting him, especially his ex bandmates.
No, being drink in a restaurant, isn't " a gossip ", it's simply gossip.

You were the one saying you can picture it and to spill the beans Re old Dirks story , If you carried on reading , you would have seen it was backed up by another.
Are you needing you're meds, bit phycho, up and down are we?
I think the point he was making was there is lite gossip and the more heavy.
Even the being drunk and falling over would have caused a stire in Smiths days. You have to think of M's standing .Then

What a terrible way to go about it if that's what Morrissey really wants. He should have sent some flowers upon the release of Johnny's album. Why would he deride and try to humiliate Johnny like that in a public letter? That's unforgiveable.
Because sadly, he's got it into his head that Johnny hates him and thinks he's a monster. So instead of hoping that JM might "be nice" - which he doesn't think will happen anymore - he just says, "please stop bashing me, I've never done it to you, I've always praised you."

Morrissey doesn't hold back when he really wants to cut someone down - this letter wasn't like that, he sounds wounded not nasty. It's still devastating that their relationship has reached this level, though.

poor johnboy,being derided in public,we cant have that,under no circumstances shall mr marr be slandered in any way,BUT,mr marr please feel free to deride mr M at any time of the day or night from now until the death of you or said person known as M.

No, being drink in a restaurant, isn't " a gossip ", it's simply gossip.

You were the one saying you can picture it and to spill the beans Re old Dirks story , If you carried on reading , you would have seen it was backed up by another.
Are you needing you're meds, bit phycho, up and down are we?
I think the point he was making was there is lite gossip and the more heavy.
Even the being drunk and falling over would have caused a stire in Smiths days. You have to think of M's standing .Then
Everyone knows Morrissey drinks that's hardly a gossip

Speculation is what most of us do here, and that’s fine. It means little and passes the time.

I just don’t care for people’s gossip about any of The Smiths, back it up with proof or shut the hell up.

And some come on here making
cryptic insinuations just because
they’re from Manchester and they
heard it in a pub or while walking their dog they bumped into someone that ‘knows’, or knows someone that ‘knows’.

It’s hilarious.
Stop arguing with these haters, and Marr lovers. They are only here as they’ve not got a Marr solo site😂😂

I usually take Johnny's side in these ridiculous Marr vs Morrissey wars, but this flippant retort goes for clever and falls well short. Like somebody said million messages earlier, you should either ignore the message or try to defend yourself. This is neither here or there.

LOL., Marr has only one interesting subject to talk about... Morrissey.
He will never become something different than "the guy who played with Morrissey".

I know it is hard to decipher what Johnny is actually trying to say (just like his lyrics).

One interpretation could well be:

Get your head out of the past and grow up. (The 1953 and Trump comments)
You know journalists will make up whatever headlines they like. (The fake news comment)

Yeah?

Stop arguing with these haters, and Marr lovers. They are only here as they’ve not got a Marr solo site😂😂

He doesn't need one, he has nearly a million followers via Twitter/Instagram/Facebook where he can communicate directly with them and his fans can communicate back to him.

This site has nothing to do with Morrissey himself and is run by a fan of Morrissey, however Morrissey appears hates the site.

That said, you can get loads of interesting information on what Morrissey is is up to via Morrissey Central, so that's good.

The most tragic thing about this is that after all these years they are still moaning to each other about something as trivial as 'Golden Lights'. For feck's sake - let it go!

All very unedifying to have a spat in public like this.
Journalists write the story and the headlines that they want to write. So if Johnny does an hour interview and mentions Moz once in passing - that will be the headline.
Moz should know that, given his history with the fourth estate.
But that line about The Smiths turning to shit obviously really upset him. He clearly still cares. I can understand why he found that line upsetting. But Johnny probably said it as a bit of throwaway hyperbole. And Moz is the master of that.
Unless it's all a PR stunt for the new album?
Happy to see you’re still around. 😘

He doesn't need one, he has nearly a million followers via Twitter/Instagram/Facebook where he can communicate directly with them and his fans can communicate back to him.

This site has nothing to do with Morrissey himself and is run by a fan of Morrissey, however Morrissey appears hates the site.

That said, you can get loads of interesting information on what Morrissey is is up to via Morrissey Central, so that's good.
Oh wow, he’s hip and uses social media instead of a good old fashioned letter.
His million fans were missing when his last single went in at a whopping No 99.
Maybe you can take your own advice and sit on e
his social media sites, rather than spewing the same old tired Morrissey complaining on here, day in, day out.

Oh wow, he’s hip and uses social media instead of a good old fashioned letter.
His million fans were missing when his last single went in at a whopping No 99.
Maybe you can take your own advice and sit on e
his social media sites, rather than spewing the same old tired Morrissey complaining on here, day in, day out.

You're starting to look like a bit silly now, none of Morrissey's last 12 singles have charted at all.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom