Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think that it was Johnny's face on the cover of UNCUT that pushed him over the edge.
My gut feeling is that Moz hasn't even read the UNCUT article, as there is nothing defamitory in it. What's got his g-string in a twist is this cut and paste hackjob job from the Dailyy Express, with it's made up headline (Marr never said "It turned to shit with Morrissey", despite the quotation marks), and reads as though the entire interview was putting the boot in, when most of it wasn't even about the Smiths at all.
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1549398/Johnny-Marr-Morrissey-The-Smiths

They've both been goaded into a needless spat with each other by the press, again.

My gut feeling is that Moz hasn't even read the UNCUT article, as there is nothing defamitory in it. What's got his g-string in a twist is this cut and paste hackjob job from the Dailyy Express, with it's made up headline (Marr never said "It turned to shit with Morrissey", despite the quotation marks), and reads as though the entire interview was putting the boot in, when most of it wasn't even about the Smiths at all.
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1549398/Johnny-Marr-Morrissey-The-Smiths

They've both been goaded into a needless spat with each other by the press, again.

I agree with that. And that made up headline was posted on this site as well.

I really think that it was Johnny's face on the cover of UNCUT that pushed him over the edge. I can imagine Moz getting his valet/boyfriend to purchase it for him and then furiously turning the pages to see if he were mentioned. And OMG, he's mentioned in a slightly negative light! Shock! Horror! Open Letter to Johnny Marr! He should have ended with "P.S. Why isn't MY face on the cover of UNCUT?"

And now, the nerve of Johnny posting a slim shirtless picture of himself. Johnny has also stolen a Moz trademark! Moz was the shirtless one in the Smiths! Stay tuned for Open Letter to Johnny Marr 2 - I'M THE SHIRTLESS ONE, NOT YOU!!
Johnny looks terrible in that picture, he looks like a teen emo girl with an eating disorder

Dear @officialmoz. An ‘open letter’ hasn’t really been a thing since 1953, It’s all ‘social media’ now. Even Donald J Trump had that one down. Also, this fake news business…a bit 2021 yeah ? #makingindiegreatagain

Related item:

Media item:

Anyone remembers that very old interview, late 90s I think, in which Marr said Morrissey was the drive in Thr Smiths!

Speculation isn’t rife in south Manchester right now but, speculate is what folk will do far beyond here.
It’s all historic. Play your favourite songs, that’s the answer.

Speculation is what most of us do here, and that’s fine. It means little and passes the time.

I just don’t care for people’s gossip about any of The Smiths, back it up with proof or shut the hell up.

And some come on here making
cryptic insinuations just because
they’re from Manchester and they
heard it in a pub or while walking their dog they bumped into someone that ‘knows’, or knows someone that ‘knows’.

It’s hilarious.

Speculation is what most of us do here, and that’s fine. It means little and passes the time.

I just don’t care for people’s gossip about any of The Smiths, back it up with proof or shut the hell up.

And some come on here making
cryptic insinuations just because
they’re from Manchester and they
heard it in a pub or while walking their dog they bumped into someone that ‘knows’, or knows someone that ‘knows’.

It’s hilarious.
there's always someone, somewhere
With a big nose, who knows.

Maybe, maybe not.

It's the last photo of them that was taken.

Ok.

And so that should point to some dark career ending secret about them?

That’s what Surface seems to be alluding to.

Marr posted that IG pic today because he needs to keep this going to keep his name in the news, its his pattern and he is proving Morrissey right, as if Morrissey wasn't proven right already. Nile is still going at it too. Another one riding Morrissey coattails, because his father's aren't big enough.
They are obsessed with him. Poor Angie Ono will never get rid of the spectre of Moz and have Johnny all to herself.
In other news, the question of Nile's paternity has been solved

POLP-EP-29-NILE-MARR-cropped.png

Fester_lurch_1966_cropped_Lurch.jpg

Marr posted that IG pic today because he needs to keep this going to keep his name in the news, its his pattern and he is proving Morrissey right, as if Morrissey wasn't proven right already. Nile is still going at it too. Another one riding Morrissey coattails, because his father's aren't big enough.
They are obsessed with him. Poor Angie Ono will never get rid of the spectre of Moz and have Johnny all to herself.
In other news, the question of Nile's paternity has been solved

POLP-EP-29-NILE-MARR-cropped.png

Fester_lurch_1966_cropped_Lurch.jpg

Very interesting.:unsure:

Senor LePepe probably fits inside the Ole Ole outfit Jr is sporting, with the pantaloons having the flowery stripes down the sides.🤠
Jr's 'job' is called= rubbering off Moz(n)
and no chicks no yoko seen with LePepe. Very odd behavior.

:hammer:

if there was something i'm sure by now it would be public in a way or another, i doubt anyone has a interest into protecting him, especially his ex bandmates.
It's the big IF that has kept them in line. Especially the ones that were Smiths. Why would they take a chance on being excluded from the party? Even Joyce I suspect has remained silent in hopes that if The Smiths were to reform, he could ride a separate bus & drum for it. I think this has put a big fat period to the Smiths chapter for once and for all, and future interviews could test old loyalties. Especially if good money was offered to the rhythm section for juicy goss.

A friend of mine, a huge Smiths fan had a car crash in 1987, she has been in a coma ever since. Yesterday after 35 years she finally woke up…eager to catch up on what she’s missed I showed her the BBC News homepage with its top articles - ‘Morrissey calls on Johnny Marr to 'stop using my name’ as well as ‘Tory PMs satisfaction levels at all time low’. I’m still trying to convince her it’s 2022 and we’ve made progress, “I may as well go back to bed”, she said, time well spent I’d say.

:)

has anyone read Moz open letter FFS? there was never going to be a reunion, nothing has changed. Moz has been wanting to set himself free of LePepe for 35 LONG YEARS:mad:
have broke LePepe get onstage parading himself like a🦚 , giving free passes to all his commie friends?
It was never going to happen.
he has to live with his 40 twat in attendance shows. It is what it is.:hammer:

He's not an immigrant. He is the child of immigrants. He has repeatedly decried the loss of English culture and language due to immigration and supports a political party whose main platform is limiting immigration. He has certainly connected Islam to rape and violence in statements, especially his statement after the Manchester bombing. He has made anti-vax/anti-masking posts in the past, including posting a video supposedly showing a women passing out while getting vaxed (the video has been debunked). So, yes, I do my research...
If he's Islamaphobic, then who is Tina Deghani??

This post exhibits the clueless-ness of the poster.

Conservatives are not "anti-immigrant". They just want the law followed. They want a secure border. They want people to come in legally using the proper procedures. No one gets to just cut the line.

Islamophobia has no political leaning in any direction. It resides in the ignorance of any person anywhere, left or right.

Conservatives are not anti-vax. Conservatives want to maintain the freedom of getting it if you want but also not get it if you chose against it. If you chose to not get vax'ed? Well, all bets are off and it is on you to deal with covid on your own. You have to accept the (rare without a co-morbidity) possibility of death. If you end up on a respirator, the whole thing is on You and no one else.
Not always.

Jesus, there are loads of true stories about Morrissey in Manchester
As much as they have back stabbed him and mocked him, in private ..The manchester mob have protected him , from day one. I have to say that ,

From dumb things like being drunk falling over in restaurants , saying " do you know who I am"
to more career ending thing. They protected him and kept it all "in house"

If Morrissey would have done this stuff in America, he would have been hung out to dry years ago- American's sell anyone out for money or fame.

Fiona is such a dumb cow, she is the one who thinks she knows M's every instinct.NOT marr.
Yet she knows nothing about him, not really . Which is why there is no point in reading anything she has written
What are you saying? The mafia..!??? The only thing missing is that they say that Moz had an affair with Peaky Blinders!!!!!

OPEN LETTER TO JOHNNY MARR.

How about a one off gig in Manchester???
Pick up the phone to Mike, Andy and Craig :thumbsup:
Rick Astley on vocals :thumbsup:
Electronic opening set :thumbsup:
Dave Haslam DJ set after show :thumbsup:

What a killer blow that would be for Pansy Pete.

Have a great weekend Johnny, love and best wishes to Angie X

Benny 🇬🇧🔪
That of stupidities. Dear God

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom