Johnny Marr plays Please, Please, Please...

I gather that he made a veiled reference to the book last night at the Roundhouse?
"music is more powerful than words...that's all I'm saying"

I gather that he made a veiled reference to the book last night at the Roundhouse?

Someone who was there said he also slotted in words to TIALTNGO: "and if a ten ton truck kills the both of us .... unlikely but poetic.... to die by your side ...."

P.

Beautiful. I had shivers down my spine.
Come on Johnny, he needs you! We need you!

Love Him.

like I said in another thread, had the pleasure of meeting him after his gig last weekend

stayed out in the cold for a good hour chatting to every fan there, signing anything and everything and allowing any manner of pictures

he's a great guy and the man can play a guitar alright, as this video proves

judging from his comments it appears he's read or been told about passages in the book :rolleyes:

I think Johnny was wearing the same shirt when he played this four years ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I saw Roundhouse gig last night. It was simply beautiful. :)

Last edited:
The bit in the new Autobiography where Morrissey talks about a post-split letter he received from Johnny, and their meeting and drive together up on the moor was so moving it brought a tear to my eye. Sadly however, that brief flickering of rekindled warmth between the two seems to have been poisoned by the court case.

I was at The Roundhouse on Friday and it was just incredible.
Sure I did lose control a little bit, I was in front row mania, lost all my money and every little bit of water in my body, lost my voice too, hardly touched the ground and saw Johnny so close, it was slightly overwhelming :)
What a gig! The atmosphere was electrifying!
The Smiths classics brought dementia to the crowd and I managed to dislocate my shoulder but didn't even feel it in the excitement.
He played "Please please please..." there too (see photo where he's wearing the hat), I have a video of the opening of that song, I may upload it later.
I also cried a few times, how could I not?
I also loved when he said "Stand back, stand back, massive iconic Indie riff coming through" before playing "Big mouth". And it sure was!! The crowd went wild.
Magical performance, Johnny! Respect.
jm2.jpg jm3.jpg jm1.jpg

I quickly uploaded it onto Youtube but the quality's not great. It's just the first few seconds, then I dropped the phone and sang tearfully. Oh Lord... ;)

I quickly uploaded it onto Youtube but the quality's not great. It's just the first few seconds, then I dropped the phone and sang tearfully. Oh Lord... ;)

Absolutely brilliant performance of this, using the glitterball to light up the Roundhouse ceiling was beautiful.

The missus started crying during this song......which was a bit of a shock.

She said she just missed Moz singing it......

I have been trawling youtube but can't find the whole song to view.......

Really great evening :thumb:

I know why you can't find the whole song. It's the kind that makes you forget about your phone and you just want to enjoy the moment.
The feeling was so overwhelming, I put the phone away instantly and let the emotions feel me in.
Great night indeed. One to remember for sure.
I met many nice people there as well. A nice community.

Sure I did lose control a little bit, I was in front row mania, lost all my money and every little bit of water in my body

Oh, it was YOU who wet themselves, was it? I did wonder why my feet were getting wet.

Taking the high road, how noble:guitar:...I'm sure he doesn't want to getting into it with Moz again but you'd think one day he'd write his own bio as a rebuff to Moz and to a certain extent, Johnny Rogan. That said, I applaud him for his brilliant album (on Sire, nonetheless!) and his ability to put on great performances like that other guy.

Thanks for posting Uncleskinny and devout !! I bow down to Marr , wonderful, wonder !! Love the crowd singing with him .

Back
Top Bottom