Johnny Marr plays Please Please Please at RFH 24 June 05!!!

F

frank bough

Saw Johnny Marr at Royal Festival Hall last night as part of Meltdown.

He played with Bert Jansch then The Healers came on. He introduced the second number as "a Manchester folk song" then proceeded to play Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want.

It was simply astounding - his playing was beautiful, exactly like The Smiths record, and even his singing seemed to mimic Morrissey's. As a solo performance of a Smiths song, it goes to highlight just how inadequate Boz and the gang are when Morrissey tries it. Marr was in a different league entirely.

Just delighted I was there and got to see it. Hope there are mp3s out there?

Lucky you, Frank! I would have loved to be there. Let's hope some enterprising soul does indeed have an mp3 of it. I must get my Boomslang out again!.

i'll wait for the reviews.there are liars on this site.

You are of those who if we were told now that Marr is who wrote Speedway would say "I Knew!"....

The current band play the smiths songs beautifully and sometimes (e.g. Meat Is Murder) BETTER.

Re: If There's an MP3 available I'd loVe to hear iT!

The site member is telling the ruth - also Johnny Marr sang a verse after the bit where the song normally ends.

If you want to read the reviews - I'm reviewing it for the Morning Star on Wednesday.

Re: Thanks Ill taKe a shufty at thaT..

You can now have that "shufty" - this appeared in today's Morning Star. The review has been edited, but thye left the paragraph I wrote about Johnny Marr. It really is a shame that there are some people out there who condemn others as liars simply because they didn't attend - o ye of little faith Mason Verger.....

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/news/culture/arts/patti_smith_s_heart_s_in_meltdown

> Saw Johnny Marr at Royal Festival Hall last night as part of Meltdown.

> He played with Bert Jansch then The Healers came on. He introduced the
> second number as "a Manchester folk song" then proceeded to play
> Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want.

Ahhh.. it was a toss of the coin between the RFH and the Garage on Friday (to see Ed Tudor Pole) haha.. ended up at teh Garage by popular vote. Then again, i'd seen the Brian Jonestown Massacre the previous week at RFH and that was pretty good. Had acelebrity piss with Ed Harcourt.

Ahh, the RUFFIAN maybe quiet but he is very active.. watch your backs..
Ruffian

Back
Top Bottom